Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Reinstate Foxing Hunting or keep the ban?

I understand it is a sport for the hunters but I am totally against it. What harm does the Fox do to you apart from going into you're rubbish bags and creating a lot of mess?

What I don't understand is, why did the ban on Fox hunting introduce when we were still allowed to go Deer hunting? What is the difference between a Fox and a Deer?

For those who support Fox Hunting then you should support Tigers and any other Human eating creatures out on the loose so they can go Human hunting.

Comments

• Can't stand it myself, but now the fox population is causing havoc apparently and there has to be culling. Use of a gun far better in my opinion. Can't abide the scene of the hunt getting ready to go. It's not just the dogs that are bloodthirsty!
  • Keep the ban.
  • Well there is one particular bastard of a fox that howls at 3 o'clock in the morning up and down my street. Frecking nuisance, especially as it seems to be getting more nooky than me...
  • Blimey, we are having a slow summer. I see Ranieri has joined the foxes though ..
  • Sponsored links:

• Well there is one particular bastard of a fox that howls at 3 o'clock in the morning up and down my street. Frecking nuisance, especially as it seems to be getting more nooky than me...

Still probably less annoying than having a pack of hounds and 2 dozen bugle tooting toffs on horse back come trampling through your Rhododendrons though.

• I hope not - I've put on a bit of weight since the ban and I can't get into my frock coat anymore.

Have you seen the price of a new one? Scandalous.
  • Leuth said:

Yeah I read that a single fox can in a single year consume up to 65 tonnes of sheep flesh AND shit in over 45,000 gardens.

Well we have one lazy bastard fox who has shat in our garden 45,000 times.

I'd destroy the lot of them purely through the disappointment of waking up on a snowy, winters morning, opening the curtains hoping to see a pure white carpet, and discovering the fox Olympics was played out during the night in your back garden.
  • edited July 2015
    It absolutely takes the biscuit how these 'beloved' vicious killers can prance all over our turf, our green and pleasant countryside, completely unchallenged.

Did anybody comment when a fox appeared at the top of a hill, in the first rays of a new morning sun, to salute the endless cycle of days and seasons? Perhaps, but did they watch as that same fox entered a chicken coop with the sort of movement and grace that we singularly lack, and embarrassed all of the farmer's chickens? Impressive one minute, deadly the next. We cannot afford to be complacent. There are serious failings in our mentality and foxes will always take advantage.

Instead of dealing with these foxes by hunting, shooting or laying down strychnine at den entrances, we sit back, look at each other's shrugging shoulders and trip over our own intentions as we lily-liver a smarmy peace - "you leave us alone, ok!" - would we have acted half so accommodatingly in the days of Ted Heath, of Gyles Brandreth? Of course not - swift, decisive - red brush nailed to the wall, game well and truly over.

It's almost sickening watching us try to deal with foxes nowadays. Why can't we go and just give them a bloody good going-over?
  • I've met a few in my time since i moved out to country and every one looks down at you as if your a piece of shit.

It's not that - but on the back of a 17 hand hunter, you look down on everyone.

• Addickted said:

I've met a few in my time since i moved out to country and every one looks down at you as if your a piece of shit.

It's not that - but on the back of a 17 hand hunter, you look down on everyone.

They weren't on horses at the time . Just jolly hockey sticking it up in the local pub.
  • Sponsored links:

Still probably less annoying than having a pack of hounds and 2 dozen bugle tooting toffs on horse back come trampling through your Rhododendrons though.

What in fucking Strood?
    Can't be too careful Soapy, if the foxes are being driven into the towns and cities, stands to reason the hunts would have to follow them. Next thing you know they'll be charging down Strood high street terrorising the pensioners trying to get to the post office.

Is that what you want? ‘Cos that’s what’ll happen.
  • I hate foxes as they kill my chickens by tearing them apart and leaving the carcasses behind.

I dislike fox hounds killing the foxes by tearing them apart and leaving the carcasses behind.

Even more I detest the twats on the horses in their silly coloured coats.

So on balance kill the foxes with guns and leave the hounds in the kennels, as for the idiots on horses .............?

I suspect you live on a Farm? If that is the case, what is wrong spending extra money by placing protected fencing to protect you're animals and crops?
  • Keep the ban. Nature will level their numbers
  • I don't think I'm allowed an opinion being a town living man who's taxes help country folk keep their way of life. Townies just don't understand the ways and traditions of the country.
  • Carter said:

Fox hunting is for arseholes, utter, complete

</blockquote

That about sums it up. There is no valid argument in favour of fox hunting.