Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

UFC Thread

Comments

• Conor McGregor, apparently, in a lot of trouble after being arrested at the weekend.

Not going to divulge exactly what's been sent to me but, if true, it's the end of him.
  • edited December 2018
    Doesnt make pretty reading if true, got the same Whatspp... A quick Google and there looks like there's legs to it. Although it might just be people jumping to conclusions off the back of it being a sportsman in Dublin
  • CAFCsayer said:

Doesnt make pretty reading if true, got the same Whatspp... A quick Google and there looks like there's legs to it. Although it might just be people jumping to conclusions off the back of it being a sportsman in Dublin

Not sure about the WhatsApp you received but the detail I've got seems to come from friends of the girl concerned, who happens to be friends with CM's Mrs.

Will see how this plays out.
  • Doesn't seem like anything is going to happen as the victim is apparently too scared of the repercussions if she makes a statement.
  • How is Chad Mendes the same weight as Cyborg?!
  • How is Chad Mendes the same weight as Cyborg?!

How is Jon Jones still allowed to fight?
  • Amanda Nunes. Wow.

What a performance.
  • Can't think of another time the number 1 and number 2 pound for pound best of all time have fought in any combat sport?

Ronda is considerd the GOAT before the Holm fight. She KOs her in 48 seconds.

So Ronda has been found her, Cyborg is the real GOAT. KOs her in 51 seconds.

She also has a win over the fly weight champion Shevchenko.

Not sure where she goes from here, Cyborg rematch seems the only logical next fight?

Jones is a cheat.
  • Cyborg is leaving UFC though isn't she?

Also after the fight Dana White was pretty clear that there wouldn't be a rematch given how easily Nunes destroyed her.
  • Sponsored links:

• She wanted to leave because there aren't many Featherweights, the division was made for her as you know. She says there are more in Bellator. She's still a draw though so tough one for the UFC, guess last night makes the decision easier.

I think the rematch is the only money fight for Nunes unless a Shevchenko fight at Bantamweight is available, which I would doubt. I think it will be a while until there's another big women's match after the dream fight. Guess Thug Rose may come back at some stage?
  • Wasn't the most exciting UFC I have ever watched.

Lewis v Volkov is still the best fight I have ever watched.
  • Huskaris said:

Wasn't the most exciting UFC I have ever watched.

Do me a favour and watch Lawler v Mcdonald 2.
  • Nunes is a beast
  • colthe3rd said:

Huskaris said:

Wasn't the most exciting UFC I have ever watched.

Do me a favour and watch Lawler v Mcdonald 2.
    Just watched it. Very good.
  • I'm all in on Cejudo tonight. Any predictions?
  • charltonJ said:

I'm all in on Cejudo tonight. Any predictions?

Yeah Dillashaw ha ha
  • Curbey said:

charltonJ said:

I'm all in on Cejudo tonight. Any predictions?

Yeah Dillashaw ha ha
    Snap, TJ for me.

Hope Cowboy gets a win.
  • Devastating win for Cejudo
  • Sponsored links:

• Glad to got that wrong.

Good stoppage, seemed early but TJ was struggling to stand up afterwards.
  • So does Cejudo get an automatic shot TJs 135 title, Dana is pretty fucked up now. Good call @charltonJ
  • I really hope they don't do Cowboy vs Conor, Cowboy gets murdered in that fight.
  • Curbey said:

So does Cejudo get an automatic shot TJs 135 title, Dana is pretty fucked up now. Good call @charltonJ

Strange for Henry to save how he's saved the Flyweight division then challenge for the Bantamweight title. Guess the flyweights will fly away.
  • GSP announces retirement today, IMO he's the GOAT. No question marks under his name, no asterisks, beaten everyone there was to fight in a killer WW division, avenged all his losses, no question marks over steroid use, two weight champ.

That said I still think he'll come back and fight Khabib in a year or so, but I think that is the only fight that will interest him. 
  • Khabib would sub him. 
  • Khabib would sub him. 
    I think he would probably lose to Khabib, but it's the only fight left for him that adds to the legacy. GSPs left the door open for it and one time the money will be right and he'll come back. Its inevitable. 
  • Just seen Masvidal's KO of Askren. Amazing.

And Nunes destroying Holly Holm too. Surely Nunes is now the greatest female MMA fighter of all time?

Jon Jones now level with GSP for most title fight wins in UFC history.
  • I'm gutted that BT made this a PPV
  • Israel Adesanya. This guy is amazing.

The ring entry, his style, the KO. Improves to 18-0 in front of a record UFC crowd.