Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

UFC Thread

Comments

• Options
    Thought wonderboy won myself from watching at home, but the stats show Till landed more overall which I found surprising. Till moved forward more but in most rounds I thought Wonderboy landed more.

On Bellator, can't believe how easily Mousasi beat Carvalho! Can't wait for him vs Rory. Still wish both were in UFC though.
  • Options
    Ufc is fake
    Wrestling is real
  • Options
    UFC 225 didn't disappoint. Whittaker is a tough, tough fighter, not sure he won the fight IMO. Colby Covington steps up and looks like the real deal.

Covington vs Till will be an epic fight when it happens.
  • Options
    edited June 2018
    Yeah I had Romero by 1 but it was very close I can't say it's a shocking decision.

I fear for Till in that. If Covington can pressure someone like RDA in the way he did last night Till will find it extremely tough. Also I don't see that happening for a while, Till will need to prove he makes weight and needs another opponent before title shot. Makes sense to do him v RDA.
  • Options
    Hope Woodley shames Covington, haven't see the fights yet.
  • Options

UFC 225 didn't disappoint. Whittaker is a tough, tough fighter, not sure he won the fight IMO. Colby Covington steps up and looks like the real deal.

Personally gave the fight to Romero but two mates who watch UFC thought it was Whittaker. Hate Covington but he's proved himself now without a doubt.
  • Options

Personally gave the fight to Romero but two mates who watch UFC thought it was Whittaker. Hate Covington but he's proved himself now without a doubt.
    I also thought Romero just edged it. Brilliant fight, an absolute war. Incredible that Romero is still doing that at 41!
  • Options

I also thought Romero just edged it. Brilliant fight, an absolute war. Incredible that Romero is still doing that at 41!
    Whittaker said afterwards that everytime he hit him it was like punching/kicking steel. The guys so tough as well. Ate some huge shots and barely looked dazed. Give Whittaker another fight against someone else (Kelvin?) and then do the rubber fight.
  • Options
    DC! Would prefer to see a rematch before Brock.
  • Options
    Can't believe McGregor only got 5 community services, such a farce. If that had been Connor that got cut it would've been a different story
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited July 2018
    I can quite believe it, no way anything was going to happen to their cash cow. So will it be him v Khabib in November?

In other news Dana makes a mockery of the belts by stripping the second interim title holder in a row. Got to feel for Colby even if he does act like a prick.
  • Options
    Although I'm disappointed that someone who missed weight has got a title shot. I can live with Colby getting stripped and Till getting a crack!
  • Options
    I hate the concept of interim belts, surely they could just make a rule that there has to be minimum of 1 title defence a year to keep the strap, if you don't do it you lose it
  • Options
    Conor's sentence is a joke, not even a fine!!

Think it's a little harsh on Colby even if he is a prick, they should just stop doing interim belts, whats wrong with a #1 contender fight instead?
  • Options
    BT loses the UFC from December.
  • Options

Please say it's going to Sky! :love:
  • Options

Eleven Sports have picked it up.

£49.99 a year or £5.99 a month.
  • Options
    cafcpolo said:

Eleven Sports have picked it up.

£49.99 a year or £5.99 a month.
    Nice, that's far cheaper than the £20+ Sky wanted for BT sport.

• Sponsored links:

• Options
    Great performance from Dillashaw.

And Mighty mouse's long reign is over! 1-1 between them now, has to be a third fight.
  • Options
    Matt Sera called it. Cejudo wants to move up to Bantam, but surely there's a rematch first? Guess it depends on which makes the most money for Dana rather than sporting integrity.

The coach scene was used in the hype video. :tired_face:
  • Options
    Right, let's have it. Conor or Khabib? I'm pulling for Khabib personally but don't know what will happen.
  • Options

Right, let's have it. Conor or Khabib? I'm pulling for Khabib personally but don't know what will happen.

Khabib will destroy McGregor.
  • Options
    McGregor has a chance early on if he connects, BUT Khabib will be too strong and should win.
    Hopefully McGregor can then crawl back under his stone and just count his money, and never be heard of again.
  • Options
    bobmunro said:

Khabib will destroy McGregor.
    Ask me a year ago, I would have said the same time. But I'm doubting myself now, Conor is so good at catching people when they come into his striking zone, he won't be able to walk him down like he did against Barboza who has to set himself.

If Khabib survives the first two rounds its game over for Conor.
  • Options
    Greenie said:

McGregor has a chance early on if he connects, BUT Khabib will be too strong and should win.
    Hopefully McGregor can then crawl back under his stone and just count his money, and never be heard of again.

I agree - but wishful thinking I fear.
  • Options
    Greenie said:

I now hope McGregor wins. Not sure why people wouldn't want to hear from him again, people may not like his persona but he's one of the best that there has been in this sport, like it or hate it he's box office and there are a lot of big fights on the horizon. He'll be around for a long time to come.

I keep flip flopping between what I think will happen. Start of this week I flipped to Khabib, however after hearing that he has been digging around in Conor's family history tells me that Conor got in his head at that press conference.