Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

UFC Thread

Comments

• Options
    Glad she's left the sport. Can go and join all those "fakes" that she loved to preach about.
  • Options
    Fergusson has injured himself so Holloway has stepped up a weight division to face Khabib for the lightweight title on 6 days notice!

Another reason for MMA being better than boxing. The event would have been cancelled it it were a boxing event.

http://www.espn.com/mma/story/_/id/22994839/khabib-nurmagomedov-face-max-holloway-ufc-223-tony-ferguson-withdraws-due-torn-knee-ligament
  • Options
    Cant see Max beating Khabib as much as I love him. His level of grappling + his strength and size advantage just makes it seem v unlikely. If he beats him Max surely gets his rematch vs Conor though which would be incredible.
  • Options
    Khabib destroys Holloway. Conor could have probably stepped in instead but obviously isn't instead in fighting Khabib with 6 days notice.
  • Options

Khabib destroys Holloway. Conor could have probably stepped in instead but obviously isn't instead in fighting Khabib with 6 days notice.

Even if McGregor wanted to step in i'm not sure Dana White would let him. Conor v Khabib would be a huge fight, one of the biggest the UFC has ever had and they'd want to do a huge global promotional tour, come to the UK, go to Russia, milk the fuck out of it to get as many PPV buys as possible. No way would they let him step in with only 6 days to go.

Can see him returning to fight the winner though, which will almost certainly be Khabib.
  • Options

Even if McGregor wanted to step in i'm not sure Dana White would let him. Conor v Khabib would be a huge fight, one of the biggest the UFC has ever had and they'd want to do a huge global promotional tour, come to the UK, go to Russia, milk the fuck out of it to get as many PPV buys as possible. No way would they let him step in with only 6 days to go.

Can see him returning to fight the winner though, which will almost certainly be Khabib.
    Sounds horrible. Fergusson is next in line but he says he'll be back by September.
  • Options
    No wonder Fergusson got injured!

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=rA0lVTLne8M
  • Options
    Guess the casuals are too thick as pig shit to find the main thread. :smiley:

Michael Chiesa has be cleared to fight. Rose is very upset hopefully that fight will still go ahead as it's ppv main event worthy.

Guess we won't be seeing him for a while.
  • Options
    Max Holloway medically unclear to fight, main event is off again!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited April 2018
    Fighting Pettis now allegedly. That is going to be over quickly
  • Options
    Potentially the greatest ever upset in sport, worth a punt! :smiley:
  • Options
    Absolute shambles of a card now given the last 24 hours.

Pettis apparently didn't make the weight so not sure if Khabib even has a fight now.
  • Options
    Apparently Pettis wanted $1m! Rose v Joanne for the main event.

A crazy event.
  • Options
    I was always looking forward to Rose V Joanne fight more anyway.
  • Options
    Fourth time the charm, Khabib v Al Iaquinta is your main event!
  • Options
    If Ragin Al wins LW division it would really make my day

How many people will sue Conor? I wonder how many packets he has left of his Mayweather earnings
  • Options
    Im in australia at the minute and every time i wake up something crazy has happened over night. I like Al but he hasnt a hope
  • Options
    edited April 2018
    Curbey said:

How many people will sue Conor? I wonder how many packets he has left of his Mayweather earnings

This incident has been onnational news and worldwide and just think how many more subscribers and additional pay per view customers this has generated. USA is all about making money and secretly a lot of people that make money from UFC will be patting McGregor on the back.
  • Options
    Jayajosh said:

Curbey said:

This incident has been onnational news and worldwide and just think how many more subscribers and additional pay per view customers this has generated. USA is all about making money and secretly a lot of people that make money from UFC will he patting McGregor on the back.
    Yeah I understand that but they have also had there biggest PPV of the year decimated 2 days before the event linked to his actions. That's not including the staff member that was injured. Borg/ Chiesa loss of earnings and exposure from being on a large scale PPV, they were directly injured by his actions. The Pettis/ Felder/ Bruce Leroy who's fights have been cancelled in relation to his actions.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Good point made but I do question how CM and his entourage made it so easily to the coach. All seemed a bit too convenient. They would have looked a right bunch of planks had they got a private jet all the way from Ireland to NY and were refused entry to the press conference.
  • Options
    Jayajosh said:

Good point made but I do question how CM and his entourage made it so easily to the coach. All seemed a bit too convenient. They would have looked a right bunch of planks had they got a private jet all the way from Ireland to NY and were refused entry to the press conference.

Members of "the Mac life" who had media passes let the angry mob into the building.
  • Options
    Going to Bellator and UFC next week. Can't wait, should be a cracking weekend.
  • Options
    colthe3rd said:

Going to Bellator and UFC next week. Can't wait, should be a cracking weekend.

Nice! MVP was entertaining as always. Darren Till misses weight... :anguished:
  • Options
    Been a couple of very good undercard fights in Liverpool today, Claudio Silva seems like a really good guy! Im not sure I’ve ever seen a longer octagon interview!
  • Options

:smiley:

Not a great performance from Till. He seemed nervous.
  • Options
    Was very odd seeing the reactions. Me and everyone there thought he won quite convincingly, looking at the reactions today shows a different story I guess that shows the impact of a home crowd. Will have to watch again.
  • Options
    I had him winning it based on Octagon control but there were times when he had wonderboy up against the cage and didn't unload. I think rounds 1-4 Wonderboy probably landed the most shots as well. The reaction from the crowd when Till landed probably affected the judging.
  • Options
    Yeah I was screaming for him to attack Wonderboy when he was backed up against the cage.