Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Traffic chaos in Kent

Comments

• Options
    Kent's roads are a mess virtually every day. M20 between Ashford and Maidstone London bound is about to get a whole lot worse as they install a central barrier. The hard shoulder and lane 1 will be one side of the barrier and lanes 2 and 3 will be on the other side of the barrier. What do you do if you break down on lanes 2 and 3? It sounds a recipe for disaster.
    m20 J7 to J9 closed EVERY night for ONE MONTH while they install this . diversions going you know where..........
    Yes past my house unfortunately!
  • Options
    Oh well, not long now.  Come March 31st nothing will ever move on this road faster than 5 mph ever again
  • Options
    Not sure how much of Kent is affected. But the M25 is carnage this evening. Clockwise from 27 to the bridge is still closed after an HGV and van crash. I’ve got the wonderful drive back from Watford to Bexleyheath shortly, debating going anti-clockwise. 

Suorisingly. Hardly any updates online I can find. Anyone know any more?
  • Options
    Traffic England are not expecting the  M25 to be reopened until 9pm.
  • Options
    andyg90 said:
    Not sure how much of Kent is affected. But the M25 is carnage this evening. Clockwise from 27 to the bridge is still closed after an HGV and van crash. I’ve got the wonderful drive back from Watford to Bexleyheath shortly, debating going anti-clockwise. 

Suorisingly. Hardly any updates online I can find. Anyone know any more?
    Can you keep this to the "Traffic Chaos in Essex" thread please?
  • Options
    The northbound M25 has fully re-opened after the earlier closure (collision). One lane has also re-opened southbound between Junctions 28 and 29. Long southbound delays past junction 26. Northbound also has long delays towards the Dartford Crossing.
    https://twitter.com/TfLTrafficNews/status/1110585117695709186
  • Options
    Dartford screwed again, tunnel shut.
  • Options

1. More

DELAYS Route 96 services between Woolwich Arsenal and Bluewater are being delayed by over an hour and a half, due to severe congestion approaching the Dartford Crossing on the M25. Buses around Greenwich are being delayed by over an hour as traffic diverts.

• Options
    Dartford screwed again, tunnel shut.
    Both ways.....or just the anti clockwise tunnels....is the bridge open as you’re saying tunnel?
  • Options

There are severe delays in excess of 120 mins on the M25 anti-clockwise approaching the Dartford River Crossing. Congestion begins at J5 anti-clockwise and runs up to the Crossing where traffic metering is in force to prevent stationary traffic forming in the tunnels. This is due to an earlier diesel spillage which closed the M25 between J31 and J30. The spillage has been cleared and the road is now reopen but there remains significant residual delays on approach.

For traffic approaching the area, you are advised to expect disruption with extra journey time and may potentially have to re-route your journey.  

If travelling towards this area from farther afield, you may wish to change your strategic route, allow extra travel time and follow guidance from our on-road variable message signs and media.  

Further incident information is available from Highways England by visiting our www.trafficengland.com website and travel apps, or via our @HighwaysSEAST and  @HighwaysEAST regional twitter feeds. For urgent real time assistance, our 24/7 contact centre team is able to provide up to the minute information on 0300 123 5000.

Last updated on: 14/06/2019 17:11
    https://highwaysengland.co.uk/breaking-news/
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited June 2019
    Got to say I expected that to be much worse than it was, got back from Chingford to Greenhithe in just over an hour.
  • Options
    Over spilled to the black wall tunnel knock on seems to be everywhere o was stuck in about 40 mins ago going to the Oden Greenwich, back ways all choked etc
  • Options
    Taken taken my daughter 2 1/2 hrs on the 96 from Bluewater to Bexleyheath.
  • Options
    buckshee said:
    Got to say I expected that to be much worse than it was, got back from Chingford to Greenhithe in just over an hour.
    If you were going clockwise over the bridge I expect it wasn't too bad as the problem seems to be anti-clockwise through the tunnel. Diesel spill between 30  & 31 so traffic backing up through the tunnel. When that happens they stop traffic from just sitting still in the tunnel due to fumes.

• Options
    buckshee said:
    If you were going clockwise over the bridge I expect it wasn't too bad as the problem seems to be anti-clockwise through the tunnel. Diesel spill between 30  & 31 so traffic backing up through the tunnel. When that happens they stop traffic from just sitting still in the tunnel due to fumes.

Yeah but the junctions after the bridge are usually the problem, not so much this time.
  • Options
    It took me an hour to drive from Deptford through Greenwich yesterday. I kept hearing on the traffic news about an overturned car transporter in Essex and was thinking "yeah,  and what about Greenwich,  what's going on?!"
    Turns out it was all connected. About 50 square miles of roads sterilised by a lunatic in a lorry. There was a lorry overturned a couple of weeks ago on a M25 turnoff causing chaos for miles. 
  • Options

don't worry, it will all be solved in 8 years time when the new crossing is up & running............apart from the fact it takes you east of Gravesend, so if you want to get back onto the M25 it means a trek back along the A2 - which will already be gridlocked with traffic trying to go the other way.

Genius planning boys  !!

• Options
    It’s Friday again and Dartford come to a standstill.
  • Options
    You have to travel before noon on a Friday to avoid the crossing traffic.
  • Options

don't worry, it will all be solved in 8 years time when the new crossing is up & running............apart from the fact it takes you east of Gravesend, so if you want to get back onto the M25 it means a trek back along the A2 - which will already be gridlocked with traffic trying to go the other way.

Genius planning boys  !!

I've not seen the plans etc but surely the idea is that people who want the M25 go the Dartford way, others use the Gravesend one down to the coast etc.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

Genius planning boys  !!

Dont worry... the fact that the roundabout at Jct 2 of the M25 | A2 cant handle current traffic is something that we should ignore too

If ever there is an accident on the Bridge then traffic coming off to get on the A2 is going to be even more hell than usual what with people trying to get down to the new crossing
  • Options
    M2 is closed all weekend from J7 to J5 London bound. M26 has closures. M20 under roadworks for much of its length. The crazy Operation Brock on M20 London bound which reduces the speed limit to 50mph and has only 2 lanes and no hard shoulder should anyone break down.  Leeds Castle concert tonight and Rochester castle concert.  All in all a perfect storm. 
  • Options
    Fun journey this morning took over 3 hours to get to work....and I got lucky.
    Done about 50 miles instead of 30. 

A2 still closed coastbound following accident at 6.15 this morning, expected to reopen at around 5pm
    Expecting good fun trying to get home too.
  • Options
    edited December 2019
    Thankfully working from home Tues / Weds this week but the roads have been hell every day so far

Took me an hour to get to Orpington from Strood on Monday
    Took my wife an hour to get up to Bexleyheath, further 45mins on to Orpington yesterday before an hour to get home
    Took me 50mins to get up to Charlton yesterday because of a broken down van by Falconwood junction

Is typical of my luck as been without a kitchen for two months and thats finally starting to be installed today (at some stage) - Fitter called me @ 9am telling me they had to drop a kitchen in Dartford before coming on to me, still waiting for them to show up so guess they're stuck in the absolute hell that is Dartford at the moment, and thats before you take into account the bad traffic
  • Options
    I heard earlier that the M25 had an 8 mile tailback due to an accident at J1b and then the A2 was nose to tail from the M25 junction all the way to the M2.......14 miles they said.
  • Options
    I heard earlier that the M25 had an 8 mile tailback due to an accident at J1b and then the A2 was nose to tail from the M25 junction all the way to the M2.......14 miles they said.
    Went even further back up the M2, which had a queue of around 4/5 miles just waiting to join/become the A2

Latest update says normal conditions expected around 7.30pm, but that time keeps getting half an hour later every time i check.
  • Options

Just constant roadworks everywhere at night time lately. I live in Sutton Valence (5 mins from Leeds castle) the other week it took me an hour to get back from Maidstone Central, normally this is a 15 minute journey late. I was diverted from the central as road works, then I swing onto my normal route the main road, get to pub just off Langley road closed. down side road try the other road by leeds castle way and that was closed too ended up going back into centre and going another route.

The thing which is more annoying , I have a app called Waze, which everyone swears by. Constantly closed so firstly taking me the wrong route then not re-routing so I end up finding my own way. Has anyone got any better recommendations? Its a bit better of late but can be annoying when coming back from pool late 12 and you get +15mins or 30 mins on your journey. I also come back from SE London on a Thursday night lol

• Options
    Never mind the traffic chaos in Kent, what about the traffic chaos at the Dartford Sorting Office .. Chaos
  • Options
    Travelling in Kent is a nightmare these days.  Too many houses being built without the roads to cope. Poorly co-ordinated road works and no joined up thinking by KCC Highways and Highways England. 
  • Options

Motorists heading to Canterbury will be sent on a 52-mile detour as roadworks are carried out on Brenley Corner roundabout next week.

Overnight closures at the busy junction from Monday, December 16 until Thursday, December 19.

The work will prevent vehicles coming off the Thanet Way and onto Brenley Corner, as well as stopping any motorists joining the A2 Canterbury-bound from the roundabout.

The official diversion route for those heading to Canterbury and Dover