Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Junior Dian

23-year old Tonbridge Angels triallist collapsed during last night's match. Sadly, he lost his fight for life in the early hours of this morning.

RIP

Comments

• just read that on twitter, he collapsed and the game was abandoned after 70 mins, shocking.

RIP
  • That is terrible only 23, these hidden heart problems seem to be more apparent these days. Is it that players at all levels are pushing themselves to far.
    On the sad note, also a young cricketer playing in Surrey died on Sunday after being struck in the chest by a cricket ball.
  • Crikey, RIP far too young
  • so sad RIP
  • Very sad, RIP
  • I go to as many Angels games as I can and this has been a huge shock for everyone involved at the club. It was his first ever appearance in an Angels shirt. He had come down from Ilford with a couple of first team regulars to see if he could impress and get a deal. I know a number of people who were at Whyteleafe last night and they are just numb to think that he died. They had a defribillator at the ground and both physios apparently did an amazing job trying to save him. There is some criticism that the ambulance took too long to get there - between 20 minutes and half an hour between the first call apparently. Angels were due to play Gillingham in a friendly on Saturday but I understand this might now be called off. Very, very sad and something that seems to be occurring more frequently.
  • Very Sad. RIP
  • Such sad and tragic News RIP young man
  • edited July 2015
    Absolutely tragic. RIP