Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Rolling Stones

Comments

• Just looked at the set list that was posted earlier. There's maybe a handful of bands in the history of the world that wouldn't kill for a set list like that. Must have been amazing!
  • Rizzo said:

Just looked at the set list that was posted earlier. There's maybe a handful of bands in the history of the world that wouldn't kill for a set list like that. Must have been amazing!

As @McBobbin said earlier in the thread, they could have left out everything in their setlist and filled it with other songs from the back catalogue - and still smashed it. So I would argue there are no other bands in history that could say that!
  • I'd have missed a few of the classics, but it still would have been a smash, that's for sure!
  • Just announced a US Tour April, May and June 2019. Amazing.
  • Found these in the loft

Open to offers

Open to offers

Ill give you 40 pence for the programme @Henry Irving
  • Greenie said:

Found these in the loft

Open to offers

Ill give you 40 pence for the programme @Henry Irving
    Agreed

Price includes 32 years storage charge of £1 per year
  • Riviera said:

Just announced a US Tour April, May and June 2019. Amazing.

A trip to the States beckons for early summer 2019!

Open to offers

What a fabulous day that was! Just 20, there with my mates, scorching hot summer of ‘76. Lynyrd Skynyrd totally amazing, 10cc classy and the Stones in good form after a bit of a wait- they looked a lot younger then, but didn’t we all! I even had hair half way down my back. Not even enough hair for @paulie8290 highlights now lol
    Happy memories

• Sponsored links:

• bobmunro said:

Riviera said:

• bobmunro said:

Riviera said:

Colonel Gaddafi certainly holding a tune up there in heaven then!

Open to offers

All depends of the size of your loft.
    Access?
    Planning?
    Velux windows?

Open to offers

What a fabulous day that was! Just 20, there with my mates, scorching hot summer of ‘76. Lynyrd Skynyrd totally amazing, 10cc classy and the Stones in good form after a bit of a wait- they looked a lot younger then, but didn’t we all! I even had hair half way down my back. Not even enough hair for @paulie8290 highlights now lol
    Happy memories

Any on your head?
  • The question is...who were the Don Harrison band ?
  • I probably should have mentioned that you could earlier this week have poked tickets for £19 to see them at a tiny venue in London on 11 December. Unfortunately I am in Ireland with an ex watching snow patrol so couldn’t go
  • Snow Patrol or Rolling Stones ?
    Hmmm, which way for the neurologist?
  • edited November 2018
    @Alwaysneil you could watch Snow Patrol then RUN to watch the Rolling Stones DONT GIVE IN cos I am sure you will make it IN THE END
  • Long way to run from Dublin to London. Won’t give io. I know oh oh.
  • Still waiting for the Asia dates
  • Sponsored links:

• Great bit of social history here as the Stones appear on American TV 55 years ago.  Barbers starving in England, shocking stuff!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wfj1O_fApvA

• Thank god they didn’t keep it all and have a night on the substances with Sting droning on about tantric sex.
  • edited September 2023
    Just watched the launch of the new album on YouTube with Jimmy Fallon.  First single "Angry" is excellent.
    https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-66720789
  • CafcWest said:
    Just watched the launch of the new album on YouTube with Jimmy Fallon.  First single "Angry" is excellent.
    https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-66720789

'Angry' is very, very good.

The Stones are truly beyond comparison, they are so far clear at the top of the GOAT charts.
  • The Rolling Stones, what a collosus.

Their longevity is etched into their faces is a joy to look at. 
  • There's a track on the new album called Live by the Sword. Didn't know they were supporters. :-)