Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Rolling Stones

Comments

• Halix said:

brogib said:

Because they're better than The Beatles

Bollocks they are!
    Bollocks are they not!
  • Greenie agree about Mick Taylor and Charlie, I have a mate who plays in a band and he has always said if he could have only 1 drummer to play with it would be Charlie. I read somewhere (I think it maybe Bill Wyman's autobiography) that the main reason he got the gig in the first place was that he had a decent bass/amp but give credit he came up with the riff for Jumpin Jack Flash, if you only did one good thing in your life you would take that surely!
  • They are not bollocks
  • I saw them twice at the old Wembley. At the Voodoo Lounge show they were incredible but the later Bridges of Babylon show they were actually awful. Probably just a bad night....

• Riviera: I would say The Who at The Oval, Jimi Hendrix at The Isle of Wight mainly because it was iconic given his death a few weeks later but boy could he play and lastly Eric Clapton at The Albert Hall where he played his "From the Cradle" album....sensational. By the way they don't beat The Roundhouse gig having seen many live shows these are the ones that really stick in my head.

Another question for you. When were The Stones at their best? for me it was the Mick Taylor years. Ronnie is a fine player but Mick can be sublime.

Well I'm no musician but my favourite period for the Stones is Some Girls - Undercover. Of course I appreciate their great stuff from the 60's but 1975-85 was "my time" and I think a lot of us tend to have nostalgic feelings towards all forms of art during our formative years.
  • Riviera said:

But no artists of such longevity still make good records; Stones, McCartney, The Who, Elton,Bowie, Rod, Fleetwood Mac or U2. However good you are, even musical geniuses like Stevie Wonder or Elton John, you only have a finite amount of artistic creativity in you.
    Be interested to know which 3-4 gigs beat The Stones in your opinion.

IMO Start Me Up, You Better You Bet and Let's Dance were the last decent singles from The Stones, Who and Bowie respectively. All well over 30 years ago.

The last Bowie album was a real return to form!
  • Touring the UK this summer, London gigs at Twickenham (19th June) and The London Stadium (22nd May). Lots of fans will be priced out unfortunately.
  • Got four on pre-sale for The Olympic stadium. Haven't seen them for nearly 30 years.
  • Riviera said:

Got four on pre-sale for The Olympic stadium. Haven't seen them for nearly 30 years.

Got my two tickets too, via presale - prices a lot higher than last time in the U.K. apparently!
  • sammy391 said:

Riviera said:

Got four on pre-sale for The Olympic stadium. Haven't seen them for nearly 30 years.

Got my two tickets too, via presale - prices a lot higher than last time in the U.K. apparently!
    Not all of them. The VIP and Pit tickets are very expensive as you'd expect but the majority are £85 which is a lot less than the o2 a few years ago. Of course much bigger capacity at the Olympic stadium. £85 to see the biggest band in the world for the last 48 years (since the Beatles officially broke up) ain't bad.
  • Sponsored links:

• 66,000 x 85 = £5,610,000 not bad for an evenings work - hope they're paying if the seating has to be retracted.
  • 66,000 x 85 = £5,610,000 not bad for an evenings work - hope they're paying if the seating has to be retracted.

They are worth it - 50 years of being the best and bringing joy to a very large chunk of mankind for those 50 years.

Haven't decided yet whether it's Twickenham or Old Trafford. Last time I saw them was at Twickenham in 2003 so would be nice to return to that venue.

The greatest band the world has ever seen.
  • Saw them in 76, not that good but it was Earls Court which is a terrible venue and Keef was in a bad place.

Still the best rock and roll band in the world since The Band broke up.
  • Got my tickets for both Twickenham and Old Trafford. Unfortunately away when they play the Olympic Stadium which I suspect is a great venue for a concert. Been waiting for them to announce the dates since last year when they couldn't get venues booked up on their European tour. The greatest band in the world and still performing great in their 70's.
  • Cannot make dates in London. But flyer says concerts so far. They wait until first date sold then add others. Hope my gamble pays off.
  • Would love to go as I think it will be the last chance. Looking at the Olympic Stadium but not sure where best to get them. Looking online they are not available to the masses until Friday.
  • Saw them play at a sold out Parken Stadium in Copenhagen last year. They were superb!
  • Would love to go as I think it will be the last chance. Looking at the Olympic Stadium but not sure where best to get them. Looking online they are not available to the masses until Friday.

You only have to join some online fans thing to get a priority code to book London today. Little bit of googling required. I would think its all sold out now but as said above bound to more dates including o2 I would think.
  • Sponsored links:

• Follow instructions on this link to get an access code today
    http://www.rollingstones.com/tickets/
  • bobmunro said:

66,000 x 85 = £5,610,000 not bad for an evenings work - hope they're paying if the seating has to be retracted.

They are worth it - 50 years of being the best and bringing joy to a very large chunk of mankind for those 50 years.

Haven't decided yet whether it's Twickenham or Old Trafford. Last time I saw them was at Twickenham in 2003 so would be nice to return to that venue.

The greatest band the world has ever seen.
    Yeah I must admit to enjoying their show at Hyde Park in 2013. Facilities were good too, although the crowd were limited to 65,000 (thankfully) a far cry from the 500,000 at the same venue in 1969. Tickets for that show were £95 so obviously feeling a little more generous nowadays.
  • Seen both concerts at Hyde Park and Wembley. Concert at Wembley delayed as Mick watching the England v Germany game as World Cup on.
  • Gig prices are dear Noel Gallagher at greenwich uni was 55 quid so haven’t bothered for that, the stones for £85 isn’t bad I don’t think
  • Gig prices are dear Noel Gallagher at greenwich uni was 55 quid so haven’t bothered for that, the stones for £85 isn’t bad I don’t think

£85 Is ridiculous.
  • Just got 4 for the Olympic Stadium.
  • PopIcon said:

Gig prices are dear Noel Gallagher at greenwich uni was 55 quid so haven’t bothered for that, the stones for £85 isn’t bad I don’t think

£85 Is ridiculous.
    arsenal vs man city the fv of a ticket in the cheaper part of the stadium is £95.00 now that's ridiculous. the rolling stones are easily one of the biggest bands of all time.

its all about supply and demand i personally wont be attending but i don't think its that expensive.
  • PopIcon said:

Gig prices are dear Noel Gallagher at greenwich uni was 55 quid so haven’t bothered for that, the stones for £85 isn’t bad I don’t think

£85 Is ridiculous.
    arsenal vs man city the fv of a ticket in the cheaper part of the stadium is £95.00 now that's ridiculous. the rolling stones are easily one of the biggest bands of all time.

its all about supply and demand i personally wont be attending but i don't think its that expensive.
    Likewise - mine were £89 + £11 each, in various add ons. Well worth it to see them.

• PopIcon said:

£85 Is ridiculous.
    How? Why? Cheaper than a Lords Test Match ticket, cheaper than a day at Cheltenham.
  • Riviera said:

PopIcon said:

£85 Is ridiculous.
    How? Why? Cheaper than a Lords Test Match ticket, cheaper than a day at Cheltenham.
    Of course it is all subjective, depending how badly you need to see them. For me £85 for a gig is expensive. I really wanted to see Paul Simon in Hyde Park, but couldn't justify the out lay.

I'm going to a couple of the test matches this summer, tickets were around the £35 range.