Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

I hate cricket...

However I have been persuaded that getting pissed and going to T20 cricket this evening is a fun idea.

Anyone been to the oval or going to Surrey vs Middlesex tonight?

Comments

• I'm going tonight. Haven't been for a few years to The Oval but 2020 is always a decent night.

Just wish it was Kent playing.
  • Dazzler21 said:

However I have been persuaded that getting pissed and going to T20 cricket this evening is a fun idea.

Anyone been to the oval or going to Surrey vs Middlesex tonight?

T20 cricket is cricket at it's most basic, a fun evening out. And yes, there will be a lot of pissed people around! I'm sure you'll enjoy it
  • It is a great evening's entertainment even if you don't follow cricket that much. The atmosphere is buzzing and with the weather as it is today I would say you will enjoy it! Oval is my favourite ground too.
  • I went to the t20 game against Kent a couple of weeks ago. Kent pummeled them, it wasn't good as I am a Surrey fan (I use that term loosely).

@Dazzler21 you'll have a great time mate. I appreciate that you don't like cricket but the attacking nature of overs cricket these days means the batsmen are very aggressive trying to play every shot. The atmosphere is great. Look out for the snake, good banter
  • Not a cricket fan, but had a wander to a pub near me which backs onto the Harvel cricket club, lovely summers day, I bought plenty of local cider and sat and watched cricket for a few hours, really enjoyed it.
    I don't think they enjoyed my mexican wave though.......
  • Ah yes the snake game!
  • Cant beat a bit of T20 at the Oval on a Friday night
  • Enjoy. I'm heading for the Rose Bowl tonight to watch Hampshire vs Glamorgan and hopefully miss the storms...
  • I'm not a cricket fan at all but had a good night out at the Surrey/Kent game a couple of years ago (I was pissed though)
  • Must admit, even as a cricket fan, there is something mildly amusing about non cricket fans getting smashed, not watching (or understanding) a ball of cricket, making beer snakes , and generally making twats of themselves. Sorta sums up the mentality of the English public.
    But it still makes me laugh (mildly!).
  • Sponsored links:

• edited July 2015
    Agree with other comments @Dazzler21.

I am a cricket heathen. I generally find cricket as dull as dishwater.....but have been to a few T20 games and have thoroughly enjoyed it.

All over in 3 hours and with plenty of beer flowing it's all good entertainment.
  • Must admit, even as a cricket fan, there is something mildly amusing about non cricket fans getting smashed, not watching (or understanding) a ball of cricket, making beer snakes , and generally making twats of themselves. Sorta sums up the mentality of the English public.
    But it still makes me laugh (mildly!).

I love cricket, I understand it and watch most of it when I'm there, I generally don't make a twat of myself and I like building beer snakes. How does that sum up my mentality?
  • I'm going tonight. Looking forward to plenty of beers in the sunshine.
  • If you don't care about cricket and just want to get drunk for the evening you will fit right in at the Oval tonight!!
  • I'm very jealous as my idiot of a brother failed to book the tickets for tonight and when I realised they were all sold out so I'm not a happy bunny! I'm a massive Surrey fan but have gone along with lots of non cricket fans who have loved t20! The atmosphere at the oval when it's packed on a nice summers evening is hard to beat! Have a great time!!!
  • Word of warning, keep an eye on the game at all times, the players really give the ball a clump and anyone in the lower-tier of the stands is within range.

Last year at the Gabba in the T20 players were regularly hitting the ball into the second tier, often with flat, hard hits rather than skiers - if you are not watching you could coo an unfortunate one.
  • I'm very jealous as my idiot of a brother failed to book the tickets for tonight and when I realised they were all sold out so I'm not a happy bunny! I'm a massive Surrey fan but have gone along with lots of non cricket fans who have loved t20! The atmosphere at the oval when it's packed on a nice summers evening is hard to beat! Have a great time!!!

Yes but at the Oval you have the Kia 1000, that is Kia will pay £1000 to any fan who can catch a six hit into a stand. So do not think of running onto the pitch, just stay near your seat and hope the ball is hit at your.

Sold out? That's good income for Surrey, I went to Lord's for the Kent game a month ago and there were plenty of seats available
  • I'm going tonight. Can't wait to feed the snake.
  • Sponsored links:

• 20/20 is fantastic for a few reasons

Simple
    exciting
    lots of wickets and sixes
    beer
    quick

I'm not a lover of one day cricket, love test cricket and as far as 20/20 goes I think it is fantastic, finish work, belt down to Canterbury and start boozing.
  • Off to Hove tonight to see the league leaders smash Kent.

I hope Meuseurs Northeast, Billings, Blake and Stevens have something to say about that...
  • Off to Hove tonight to see the league leaders get smashed by Kent.

Fixed it for you.
  • bobmunro said:

Off to Hove tonight to see the league leaders get smashed by Kent.

Fixed it for you.
    You're probably right. Sussex have won 6 lost 3 and had 1 abandoned in T20 this season. My record is won 0 lost 2 and 1 abandoned.
  • edited July 2015

I'm very jealous as my idiot of a brother failed to book the tickets for tonight and when I realised they were all sold out so I'm not a happy bunny! I'm a massive Surrey fan but have gone along with lots of non cricket fans who have loved t20! The atmosphere at the oval when it's packed on a nice summers evening is hard to beat! Have a great time!!!

Sold out? That's good income for Surrey, I went to Lord's for the Kent game a month ago and there were plenty of seats available
    Yep Wednesday was sold out as well! In fact all of out t20 games so far have sold more than 20k...

I hope Meuseurs Northeast, Billings, Blake and Stevens have something to say about that...
    Exciting times for Kent at the moment. I'd add Bell-Drummond to that list as well.
  • Its a tough gig but someone's got to do it :-)
  • Looks like Floyd and Harvey bottled the London mascot challenge.