Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Crown Woods Addicks

2»

Comments

• My grandad taught there in the 70’s (Mr Williams)
  • The Lass and her sister were both Crown Woods and the Lass is an Addick, unfortunately her sister married a Spurs fan
  • Ah, Mr Barber. Running in a corridor and a hand would shoot out from amongst a gaggle of 1st years and grab your side burns. Lethal that bloke.

I was in New house alpha 4 with Mr Legg then Pricey as tutors.
  • I was in Sherwood house and left in 1965. Mr Naismith was my tutor.
    I remember a very young Keith Peacock and Denis Edwards doing some football coaching.
  • Sherwood Alpha 4 66-73.
  • Tallis I'm afraid
  • @seth plum will tell you one or two choice tales if you ask him kindly.
  • I was there early sixties, Ashdown Rockingham house. Remember an art teacher there Miss Caddywold (not sure on spelling) she was absolutely gorgeous & all the boys fancied her like mad.
  • I was there early sixties, Ashdown Rockingham house. Remember an art teacher there Miss Caddywold (not sure on spelling) she was absolutely gorgeous & all the boys fancied her like mad.

Hi happyvally. is your memory playing tricks. Don't remember a Ashdown Rockingham house, but my memory is a bit hazy trying to remember 50 years ago.

Hi happyvally. is your memory playing tricks. Don't remember a Ashdown Rockingham house, but my memory is a bit hazy trying to remember 50 years ago.
    I seem to remember they dropped the Rockingham part while I was there. I think they were originally 2 separate houses.
  • Sponsored links:

• My mate Chris (Mr Hinton to you) taught there in the mid 70s early 80s. In fact, he and another mate (also called Chris) were both big Charlton fans and introduced me to Charlton when I moved to London after uni. For the record, my name is also Chris :smiley:
  • My mate Chris (Mr Hinton to you) taught there in the mid 70s early 80s. In fact, he and another mate (also called Chris) were both big Charlton fans and introduced me to Charlton when I moved to London after uni. For the record, my name is also Chris :smiley:

Chris Hinton was my favourite teacher. Met him last year at the 40th Anniversary Reunion of my year. He even brought along his register for my history class! Top fella.