Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Forum direction

This forum has always been a place to ask questions. The club is often criticised as well as individual players.
Yet the thread I started yesterday was closed with the advice to speak to the group concerned directly. To avoid myself or anyone else making the same mistake, are there any other organisations or individuals that are only to be mentioned in positive light?

Comments

• Options

This forum has always been a place to ask questions. The club is often criticised as well as individual players.
    Yet the thread I started yesterday was closed with the advice to speak to the group concerned directly. To avoid myself or anyone else making the same mistake, are there any other organisations or individuals that are only to be mentioned in positive light?

The clique
  • Options
    I don't know what group you mentioned yesterday.
  • Options
    Actually, I thought that was a silly decisión to close the thread. It's a fórum, the guy was airing his views, and someone (AKABartram I think) rather arbitrarily closed it down, saying he should contact the group. That is an argument you could apply to anything, so why was it that topic was considered inappropriate.
  • Options
    Troll alert!
  • Options
    sit back and wait for it....
  • Options

Move on
  • Options
    Don't be such a silly goose!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited July 2015
    You've basically admitted you're a homophobic bigot... maybe don't go there Mr UKIP supporting Gay hater.

Oh wait, you're probably neither of those, but that's how the last post came across.
  • Options
    1905 said:

I also thought it was a stupid decision to close the thread. I cleared out my diary for the day, purchased a large tub of popcorn and was very much looking forward to the car crash develop. Poor form Afka - the popcorn went to the dogs, I had to work, and the world missed out on what was very clearly shaping to be one of the least thought out but angriest threads of all time.

Believed you all the way until you mentioned not eating the large tub of popcorn.
  • Options
    Seen people banned for less, tread gently
  • Options

That reminds me of a Simon church shot on goal.
  • Options
    Did someone mention fish?
  • Options
    edited July 2015
    Jints said:

If you wanted a discussion on UKIP being banned from Pride, you should have started one instead of linking it with a Charlton supporters group.

That was the problem I think. Largely the forum admins here put up with quiet a lot and are pretty lenient. I can understand closing things that are just going to devolve in to an argument though.

As far as I'm concerned I was disappointed it was closed because you touched upon a very valid point about the hypocrisy of those who want freedom to do or say as they please as long no one else has the same freedom. It doesn't work like that.

The situation regarding UKIP and Pride was stupid. UKIP supporters went anyway because, surprise surprise, there are gay supporters too. It's a political party; no worse than ones on the opposite end of the spectrum. They wanted to walk under the same banner and spread the same message, it's not like the EDL asking to join a Muslim Brotherhood march or a Labour MP trying to attend a Conservative event.

The very thing that the Pride even was for was equality and to show that the LGBT community is everywhere and can be found in all walks of life - they shat on that aim with their petty attempt at banning a legitimate political party. Needless to say, the a small group of UKIP members who turned up did then make it about politics with placards like "Vote Labour? I'm gay, not stupid.". The organisers well and truly shot themselves in the foot by being the very thing they're fighting against; exclusive.

Blaming, or linking, our own fans to it wasn't fair either though. They weren't responsible for the attitudes of the organisers of Gay Pride.

For what it's worth, I've attended Pride with gay friends a couple of years ago and had a laugh, and I'm not a UKIP member either - but those are my thoughts.
  • Options

Seen people banned for less, tread gently

"Welcome Officer"
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Addickted said:

"Got one! Feels like a beauty!"

• Options
    Too much politics here these days anyway, back to the football !