Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Jordan Cousins Record Breaker

13»

Comments

• Apols for caps
  • 4:37 is very good.
  • Yeah I was saying this earlier, but now it seems the distance wasn't precise and I suspect was nearer a mile or even more.
  • Fiiish said:

I heard the time was 'undisclosed'.

3.5....miles was the distance.
  • A lot of club runners could do faster than 4.37 for 1500m, but those same runners would probably struggle to stay with Cousins (and most of our players) over a 90 minute football game. Especially if they got dumped on the ground every few mins. Different type of fitness.
  • I ran it backwards in 4.39
  • What was noticeable about Cousins last season was that he left everything out on the pitch. Fantastic.
  • Sponsored links:

• What was noticeable about Cousins last season was that he left everything out on the pitch. Fantastic.

Need to get that new deal signed asap.
  • edited July 2015
    Club runners could run faster than 4:37 for 1500 metres for sure but could they do 100 metres in 11.5 seconds or less which Jordan can almost certainly do?

Back in the days of centre partings, woodbines and baggy shorts when I played sport I was told that I could consider myself properly rugby fit when I could both break 11 seconds for the 100 yards and 5 minutes for the mile.

Plenty can do one or the other but surprisingly few both. Hence Jordan standing out for his athleticism.
  • LenGlover said:

Club runners could run faster than 4:37 for 1500 metres for sure but could they do 100 metres in 11.5 seconds or less which Jordan can almost certainly do?

Back in the days of centre partings, woodbines and baggy shorts when I played sport I was told that I could consider myself properly rugby fit when I could both break 11 seconds for the 100 yards and 5 minutes for the mile.

Plenty can do one or the other but surprisingly few both. Hence Jordan standing out for his athleticism.

The distance was a little bit vague, as they ran around one of the training ground football pitches. We don't know the size of it for sure, but if it was, say, 110 metres long, by 60 metres wide, he will have run about 1360 metres or so.

Also, this was on grass, in the middle of a training day, so non-specific for a race.

Comparisons with 1500m times for club runners, kids or world records is a bit wide of the mark really...This was a club record and he should be proud of it!

Mind you, would be good to see Jordan train for a race and see how he gets on against those club runners?!?
  • I just run 1500m in 4 mins 20.

Although actually I ran round the desks at work for an unspecified distance.
  • I have just walked about 1500 mtrs but had to stop for 2 pints of Veltins on the way.

An hour all in