Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Charlton second-favourites for relegation

Sky Bet have priced us second-favourites for the drop from the Championship at 9/4, behind Rotherham at 7/4. Thoughts?

Comments

• Far too early to call.
  • Doomed I tells ya.
  • Still could go either way. Can only be judged when the dust settles and the business is done this summer.
  • Stability will be factored into it, stable clubs have less risk as a whole. It's not the right odds but I wouldn't go laying it at 9/4, as it's a dead tight league. Pick any 3 from the 12 shortest odds and you'll probably have as much of a chance as any other guessing it.
  • What exactly do Sky know at this stage?

We don't even know what our starting lineup will be in our first game, as half of them are not even signed yet.
    Same for many other Champs teams.

• Which would suggest we are not betting as much as other clubs supporters.
  • This is the 3rd year in a row we've been favourites for the drop isn't it?
  • Don't worry,
    Be happy.
  • This is like printing money.
  • It's too early to call, however if I had to pick three it would be Rotherham, MK Dons and Brentford.
  • Sponsored links:

• It's too early to call, however if I had to pick three it would be Rotherham, MK Dons and Brentford.

Brentford? Really?
  • I agree what do Sky know, I can't remember them tipping Bournemouth for promotion last year. Half the time they say it just for the sake of saying something, trying to make themselves look knowledgeable. Half of them at Sky, BBC and ITV so call sports experts don't know what day it is!!!
  • Rotherham , QPR and Preston
  • Good news, I will win money on Charlton again
  • I also think Brentford will have a poor season
  • Have got an absolute bastard of early fixtures though. Could be behind the game before we get going...
  • I too think Brentford will struggle. Getting rid of Warburton a massive mistake in my opinion.
  • Werent we favourites to finish bottom last season... Guess that means we'll finish 11th this time
  • Yep, and this time last year they were spot on about Wigan as well.

Brentford? Really?
    There's always a team that's expected to have a good season because they made the playoffs, but end up in the bottom half of the table, (i.e Wigan and Brighton last year) and with Warburton gone and surely a couple of their best players going, you never know!
  • Sponsored links:

• RDG said:

Sky Bet have priced us second-favourites for the drop from the Championship at 9/4, behind Rotherham at 7/4. Thoughts?

Time to lay this bet, I reckon.

• Preston, Rotherham and Millwank Birmingham
  • Indeed
  • IAIA
    edited June 2015

It's too early to call, however if I had to pick three it would be Rotherham, MK Dons and Brentford.

Brentford? Really?
    There's always a team that's expected to have a good season because they made the playoffs, but end up in the bottom half of the table, (i.e Wigan and Brighton last year) and with Warburton gone and surely a couple of their best players going, you never know!
    On that logic, Derby at 18/1 look tempting to me...
  • can you bet on us to stay up? can't see that on the sky website so unsure how some are saying they will make money from sky...?
  • Rotherham... Brentford... Preston to struggle.

Reckon Karl Robinson and MK Dons will either be this seasons Brentford OR they'll be in a relegation battle
  • Am i the only one who thinks Bolton are in free fall?
  • Am i the only one who thinks Bolton are in free fall?

Good shout. Lennon's a poor manager as well, and his honeymoon period has now passed.
  • Anyone know what our points market is?
  • This is the 3rd year in a row we've been favourites for the drop isn't it?

Werent we favourites to finish bottom last season... Guess that means we'll finish 11th this time

Not strictly true.

15/16: 50 to 100/1 to win the league (23rd). 14 to 25/1 to be promoted (22nd). 5/2 to 10/3 to be relegated (2nd).

14/15: 50 to 80/1 to win the league (20th). 16 to 20/1 to be promoted (22nd). 5/2 to 3/1 to be relegated (4th). Handicap: +25 - 27 points (20th).

13/14: 25 to 40/1 to win the league (15th). 9 to 14/1 to be promoted (16th). 11/2 to 9 to be relegated (11th). Handicap: +15 - 24 points (15th).