Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Patrick Bauer has signed! (4 year deal - June 15)

Comments

• I just hope he's decent, I've not been impressed with our defence for the past couple of seasons, I hope he's an upgrade on what we've had,and goes on to become a club legend.
  • Is he our first German?

Yes and no. See @chathmuseum
  • edited June 2015

Is he our first German?

keine

Not sure what the other eight names' are.

No. Dietmar Bruck from the early 70's
  • edited June 2015
    Alex Varney never made a first team appearance, but did play for Germany.
  • What do they say on 'Maritimo Life' about him?

They're arguing about his release clause on there.
  • Sponsored links:

• What do they say on 'Maritimo Life' about him?

They're going ape shit that its an Undisclosed Fee with an really low release clause no doubt
    Beat me to it!
  • I heard we are in for another CB called Almeida. Not going to be many left at CTU after we're finished.
  • Yet again no Scarfy.

Scarfy appears in the video.
    All is well.
    :smiley:
  • Hmmm that YouTube clip is the defensive equivalent of Polish Petes one
    Small reminds me of Gary Mackenzie who played for MK Dons
    Good luck PB
  • edited June 2015

Yet again no Scarfy.

Scarfy appears in the video.
    All is well.
    :smiley:
    That is a false scarf.

There is only one scarfy
  • cabbles said:

Here's a picture of Elisha Cuthbert who played Kim Bauer

What position is she then?
  • he's a bit of a unit !!!

welcome Patrick, like others I know F all about him but am strangely optimistic about this one (mind you I said that about Lepoint!!!), been involved in the German international set up at various youth levels so can't be too shabby.
  • Sponsored links:

• Everyone was optimistic about polish pete...he was crap. I dont hold out much hope tbh and have a gut feeling he will be rubbish

Have fun with that feeling, he was part of an unfancied team that got to the Portuguese equivalent of the FA Cup final just last season, he has to have a bit about him
  • Everyone was optimistic about polish pete...he was crap. I dont hold out much hope tbh and have a gut feeling he will be rubbish

There is nothing like being positive. Why would you think he is rubbish before seeing him play? It doesn't make sense, just because Polish Pete is not good it doesn't mean that Patrick Baeur is the same. There is no correlation between the two.

• He ticks a lot of boxes, but so did Polish Pete, Reza and Thuram and those examples mean I'm a little more cautious to make any judgement on an overseas signing until actually seeing them play.

If he is the new Carl Tiler, I'll be happy with that.
  • dickplumb said:

Everyone was optimistic about polish pete...he was crap. I dont hold out much hope tbh and have a gut feeling he will be rubbish

There is nothing like being positive. Why would you think he is rubbish before seeing him play? It doesn't make sense, just because Polish Pete is not good it doesn't mean that Patrick Baeur is the same. There is no correlation between the two.

Why do you think he will be good before you have seen him play?

I will judge him purely on what I see next season. However I am a little cautious that is all (like some on here are optimistic).

Hopwfully my gut feeling is wrong and he will be really good for us. Only time will tell.
  • He ticks a lot of boxes, but so did Polish Pete, Reza and Thuram and those examples mean I'm a little more cautious to make any judgement on an overseas signing until actually seeing them play.

If he is the new Carl Tiler, I'll be happy with that.

Every player should be judged after seeing them play over a period of time. There just seems a tendency to write players off before they have played for us which, to me, is illogical. Yes we have made mistakes with Foreign players in the past, but we have also had successes.

• edited June 2015
    dickplumb said:

Everyone was optimistic about polish pete...he was crap. I dont hold out much hope tbh and have a gut feeling he will be rubbish

To be fair to SCP, plenty on here think he will be good before seeing him. Just a matter of whether your glass is half full or half empty at the moment I guess.

I am personally cautiously optimistic about the signing. Cautious for the reasons AFKA points out above but optimistic given what I have read about him. Anyway, we now have one first team squad CB so that is a (small) start.
  • sam3110 said:

Have fun with that feeling, he was part of an unfancied team that got to the Portuguese equivalent of the FA Cup final just last season, he has to have a bit about him
    Bradford got to the final of the league cup a couple of seasons ago, all of their players must be good enough to play in the Championship for us.....
  • dickplumb said:

Why do you think he will be good before you have seen him play?

I will judge him purely on what I see next season. However I am a little cautious that is all (like some on here are optimistic).

Hopwfully my gut feeling is wrong and he will be really good for us. Only time will tell.
    I don't think he will be good before I see him play. My point is I will see him play and then judge him over a period of time.
  • I imagine he is good and then ignore the fact he is shit and play the game through my swede instead of for real life