Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Patrick Bauer has signed! (4 year deal - June 15)

Comments

• Options

I wonder how he will cope playing in a proper stadium ?

He's been playing, in a one sided stadium, in front of 3,500 on the island of Madeira

They also play away games you know. Porto, Sporting Lisbon, Benfica etc
    Yep, but they are the only 3 "big" clubs in Portugal.
  • Options

Ok Pat says he wants to get to know his team mates and also get to know the city, is Zens still open on a Friday night?

You mean Air & Breathe, MIA ?

Do keep up !

• Options
    Have a weirdly good feeling about this fella despite nothing next to nothing about his game. I felt similar last summer about Johann. Hoping he proves to be as successful.

Welcome Patrick Bauer!
  • Options
    I'm hopeful rather than expectant. His highlights video looks like it was put together by an amoeba.
  • Options

He's been playing, in a one sided stadium, in front of 3,500 on the island of Madeira

Maybe, but the stadiums are a lot bigger and louder than anything we will play in this season
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    So will we be creative with his nickname and call him Jack
  • Options

Ok Pat says he wants to get to know his team mates and also get to know the city, is Zens still open on a Friday night?

You mean Air & Breathe, MIA ?

Do keep up !

Nope, still zens
  • Options
    "What do you know about Charlton, did you see us play when we were in the Premier League?"

He would have been a bloody child when we were in the Prem !!

Impressed with his English.
  • Options
    se9addick said:

"What do you know about Charlton, did you see us play when we were in the Premier League?"

He would have been a bloody child when we were in the Prem !!

Impressed with his English.
    Never met a German who doesn't speak good English... or take good penalties
  • Options
    Welcome Patrick,hope you have a great career here.
  • Options
    sam3110 said:

Maybe, but the stadiums are a lot bigger and louder than anything we will play in this season
    More massive than Hillsborough? Surely not!
  • Options
    edited June 2015

Type him in YouTube and watch

"Patrick Bauer my time is now"

It's got to be the worse YouTube video for a player you will ever see lol

What a video. The graceful way he walked off when substituted gives me real hope! Why would anyone even go to the trouble of putting that video together?
  • Options
    edited June 2015
    Feeling very positive about this signing. Like everybody else I know nothing about him but you get the impression Bauer wasn't a Maritimo cast off and a player there fans would probably have liked to have kept too.

Also could be the type of player JBG was hoping to see arrive rather than another Roger Johnson?
  • Options
    Big Pat
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

Built like a Ziegel Scheiße Haus

Oh ja!

• Options

After moans on Charlton Life that previous signings have been photographed in the less than palatial offices of Chris Parkes Bauer signs in the Chairman's suite at the Valley.

I can see the potholes in the car park. RD sort it out.
  • Options
    Are there any rumours on what we've paid for this chap ?
  • Options

Was voted 3rd best defender in Portugal for season 2013/14. Says heading is his obvious strength

Wonder if he's been signed for attacking corners an area we were extremely weak at last season (Bikey v Wolves was one of the few corners we scored from wasnt it?)

As well I'd like to see how he manouvers, for a big guy up against some quick Championship defenders I hope he's not one of these units with the turning ability of a WW2 tank
  • Options
    There are some rumours on Twitter that it was 2 1/2 million pounds so I would be very surprised if that is the case
  • Options

On paper a good signing. Young, ambitious, experience in a top European league, a unit, speaks good English, passes the CL height test. What's not to like. Welcome Patrick and good luck.

Agree, looking forward to seeing him in Belgium (insert world war joke here)