Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Patrick Bauer has signed! (4 year deal - June 15)

Comments

• Trouble is how long will Bauer wait for the takeover to happen, he may have a good offer and Blackburn and also playing in a higher division and may want to take that opportunity now..
  • iaitch said:

Trouble is how long will Bauer wait for the takeover to happen, he may have a good offer and Blackburn and also playing in a higher division and may want to take that opportunity now..

True but he's under contract.
  • Well this thread has just got weird
  • I feel sorry for the fella, sure he is on decent dough, but just wasted 3 years of a short career. He is a very good cb

• Shouting "off, off, off" to the ref when he went to book Lawrie Madden.

Certain Mark Aizelwood had the same as he was getting booked, although
    like Peter |Shaw , they both improved drastically to the respect of fans.

• cblock said:

Shouting "off, off, off" to the ref when he went to book Lawrie Madden.

Certain Mark Aizelwood had the same as he was getting booked, although
    like Peter |Shaw , they both improved drastically to the respect of fans.

Off, off, off........... feck me!!
    I got that at the Charltonlife charity match and that was from my family. ;)
  • JamesSeed said:

Can’t imagine the club wanting, or needing to sell Bauer.

I expect it's more a case of the player wanting to leave and play in the Championship rather than us wanting him out.
    Somebody wanting to leave us on the wages we pay. I'd like to know what they move on to.
  • JamesSeed said:

I expect it's more a case of the player wanting to leave and play in the Championship rather than us wanting him out.
    Somebody wanting to leave us on the wages we pay. I'd like to know what they move on to.
    Wednesday
  • Leuth said:

Two flags already! We don't half have some snowflakes on here.

Sarr is the only Charlton player I can recall being booed by his own fans. At least, for mistakes - maybe there have been a couple called out for lack of effort. But singling out Sarr, a man who gives everything? When he wasn't directly at fault for either goal we conceded? Yeah it still rankles with me

I love watching Sarr play purely for the comedy value, you have no idea what he’s going to do - to be fair he has no idea what’s he’s going to do!! He really is shit!
  • Back on topic to Bauer, this is no surprise to me as he's at a good age and an obvious target for many Championship teams, especially as he only has one year left on his contract. I couldn't imagine him signing an extension unless we had gone up in May
  • Sponsored links:

• I would have thought his new wife would prefer to live in London.
  • I would have thought his new wife would prefer to live in London.

She’s from Blackburn though...

2nd thoughts, you might be right!
  • Leuth said:

Two flags already! We don't half have some snowflakes on here.

Sarr is the only Charlton player I can recall being booed by his own fans. At least, for mistakes - maybe there have been a couple called out for lack of effort. But singling out Sarr, a man who gives everything? When he wasn't directly at fault for either goal we conceded? Yeah it still rankles with me

What about Kim Grant ? Err hang on I'd better think of another.
    Yes I must of been a 9 year old racist shoring off off off after that miss against Notts county
  • Rumours are off to Leeds

Not my idea of a honeymoon.
  • JamesSeed said:

Neither is the case but Rovers are probably giving him a lot more money
  • It is waiting for the takeover to complete. On the flip side it must be close
  • Redhenry said:

JamesSeed said:

Is he definitely going?
  • The fact is Bauer & Pearce are good together and right and left footed. Sarr and Lennon are both left footed. On the evidence of last season, Sarr can pass better than Lennon and is more mobile but you would not want to play either on the right side of the defence.
  • JamesSeed said:

Redhenry said:

JamesSeed said:

Is he definitely going?
    Can't say definite but it's looking that way
  • Sponsored links:

• Crusty54 said:

The fact is Bauer & Pearce are good together and right and left footed. Sarr and Lennon are both left footed. On the evidence of last season, Sarr can pass better than Lennon and is more mobile but you would not want to play either on the right side of the defence.

Or any side of the defence; either of them
  • Would love to keep Paddy but don't begrudge him a move, had to put up with all the sh*t with the owners etc. I actually think he is a rare case of a player being better suited to a higher level with less Direct balls. I think we need a big ugly defender to replace him in a similar mould to Matt Taylor/ Leon Cort when we were last down here.

Disclaimer, both Leon and Matt are fine looking guys but was more making reference to their style of play.
  • I wonder if Diàrra is still looking to play?
  • If Bauer goes and Kashi is gone it only leaves Sarr and Vetokele of the ‘big money, overseas network days’ doesnt it?
  • Two Rovers in sep conversations say £500k.
  • Didnt realise but the BFG passed 100 league games for us a few games ago upto 103 now