Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Updated Squad List - 20 June 2015

NAME / CONTRACT EXPIRY DATE

Goalkeepers

Stephen Henderson 2017
Marko Dmitrovic 2016
Nick Pope 2018
Dillon Phillips 2016

Right Backs

Chris Solly 2017
Loïc Négo 2017

Centre Backs

André Bikey-Amougou 2016
Harry Lennon 2016

Left Backs

Rhoys Wiggins 2018
Morgan Fox 2017

Right Midfielders

Jóhann Berg Guðmundsson 2016

Central Midfielders

Jordan Cousins 2016
Alou Diarra 2016
Johnnie Jackson 2016

Left Midfielders

Franck Moussa 2016
Callum Harriott 2016

Strikers

Igor Vetokele 2019
Tony Watt 2018
Reza Ghoochannejhad 2016
Piotr Parzyszek 2018
Joe Pigott 2016
George Tucudean 2017 (Loaned to Steaua Bucharest until end of 2015/16)

Comments

• I predict ten more names by end of July ...hopefully :wink:
  • Looking at that, my shopping list is as follows:

x3 defenders
    x3 midfielders
    x2 strikers

plus another defender if Bikey goes, another midfielder if Harriott goes.
  • U21 Development Squad

Goalkeepers

Dimitar Mitov 2017 plus one year option
    Jordan Beeney 2018 (had heard he signed a 2 year scholarship and 2 year pro deal)

Right Backs

Aaron Barnes 2016 or 2017 (estimated)

Centre Backs

Ayo Obileye 2016
    Terell Thomas 2017
    Ezri Konsa (estimated, u18 scholarship would run until 2016 and he has already signed pro. Listed on FA website as signing a deal on 17th birthday in October http://www.thefa.com/football-rules-governance/more/player-registrations)

Left Backs

Tareiq Holmes-Dennis 2016
    Archie Edwards 2016 or 2017 (estimated, u18 scholarship would run until 2015 and he has already signed pro)

Midfielders

Oliver Muldoon 2017
    George Lapslie 2017 or 2018 (estimated, u18 scholarship would run until 2016 and he has already signed pro)
    Regan Charles-Cook 2016 or 2017 (estimated)
    Alex Kelly 2016 or 2017 (estimated)

Strikers

Karlan Ahearne-Grant 2017 plus 1 year option
    Zak Ansah 2016
    Mikhail Kennedy 2016 (estimated, he recently posted on Twitter about his new contract)
    Tobi Sho-Silva 2015 or 2016 (estimated, not in the released list on the OS)
    Brandon Hanlan 2016 or 2017 (estimated)
    Josh Umerah 2016 or 2017 (estimated)
  • Bulot still our player until next week and hopefully returns... new left back please... somebody to replace Buyens... and two centre backs clearly.

Would anyone consider Reza a fourth choice striker?! We need a top striker to move forwards, either starting games or on the bench depending upon Watt and Vetokele.

Whether people think we need six, eight or ten players, we need at least five quality additions so all will be relieved when they start arriving.
  • 22 players of whom 4 are out on loan (Nego, Tucudean) or unlikely to return (Reza and Polish Pete) leaving 18.

Four of those 18 rumoured by the SLP to be available (Harriot, Bikey, Pigott, Wiggins?) leaving 14

Four of whom are keepers leaving 10 outfield players.

A full match day squad is 2 keepers and 16 outfield players.

So ten players seems a minimum requirement either from purchases or from the youth team (Ansah, Holmes-Dennis, Ayo have league experience)

So lots of transfer activity which is fun but less stability or momentum.

Bumpy ride continues.
  • Excellent work by Scoham as ever BTW
  • Goalkeepers we probably have one more than we need, I think we'll see Pope loaned out or possibly even sold.

Right back we need an alternative to Solly, I don't see that being Nego or Barnes.

Centre back if Bikey is sold we need 3 senior centre backs and one of Lennon or the u21s to step up as the 4th choice. I can't see us bringing in 4 who all expect to play while reducing opportunities for the youngsters.

Wiggins was another that there was talk of selling. It would be a risk to go with Fox, Holmes-Dennis and Edwards but maybe one we'll consider. Could have done the same with Solly and Jenkinson in League 1 when we brought in Francis, but that was a lower level and they were probably better players than the three we have now.

Even if Bulot comes in we'll still need to keep JBG and bring in another wide player for competition. Harriott is another that could go and Moussa hasn't proven himself at this level.

Central midfield we really need someone with more quality and creativity on the ball as well as keeping Cousins.

Up front we still need that hold up/target man option and ideally someone else. Tucudean's on loan for another season, I can't see Pigott or Piotr making the step up and I doubt Reza wants to be here.

I make that 6 senior signings as the bare minimum (right back, two centre backs, winger, central midfielder, striker) without anyone leaving. More likely I think we'll see at least 8, those 6 plus a replacement for Bikey and another attacking midfielder/winger. That still leaves space for a 4th striker and centre back, so we might see as many as 10. If we don't get enough we'll be in the same position as last season, using players out of position and playing u21s that may or may not be ready (as you could say we did in the last two seasons with KAG and Pigott).
  • That squad looks like myself 15 years ago after spending a week in Greenwich Hospital with a stomach condition.

Painfully thin.

• With no further outgoings I think 7 signings are needed.

1 RB
    2 CB
    2 Wide
    1 CM (Playmaker)
    1 ST (Target-Man)

Expect Nego & Reza to be sold.
    Not sure about PP & Pigott maybe both loans to League One.

3 GK - Henderson, Pope, Dmitrovic
    8 DF - Solly, Wiggins, Fox, Bikey, Lennon ? ? ?
    5 MC - Cousins, Diarra, Jackson, Moussa ?
    4 Wide - Gudmundsson, Harriott, ? ?
    4 ST - Vetokele, Watt, KAG ?
  • Sponsored links:

• Would anyone be willing to give Polish Pete another chance or have I just forgotten how bad he was ?

Hoping to see KAG make the step up this year.
  • If we sell Popey, that will be another big mistake.
  • se9addick said:

Would anyone be willing to give Polish Pete another chance or have I just forgotten how bad he was ?

If I'm not mistaken, Polish Pete made 1 sub appearance in the 87th minute at Home to Birmingham and that's it. Was he really so bad in those 7 minutes that we don't want to give him an actual chance?
  • Rossman92 said:

se9addick said:

Would anyone be willing to give Polish Pete another chance or have I just forgotten how bad he was ?

If I'm not mistaken, Polish Pete made 1 sub appearance in the 87th minute at Home to Birmingham and that's it. Was he really so bad in those 7 minutes that we don't want to give him an actual chance?
    don't know but none of Riga, Peters or Luzon were interested in giving him a try despite all needing strikers.

Least surprising transfer of the summer will be PP to STVV for an undisclosed fee
  • Rossman92 said:

se9addick said:

I think they're judging him on more than those 7 minutes.

I saw him for the u21s away at Brighton and from what I remember he didn't give the impression he had either the strength or pace to be a threat at first team level. Without either of those he'd have to be very good in other areas to make up for it.