Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Depressed and Angry!

124»

Comments

• In reality VG under this ownership is inept. Previously it was a good scheme, now it's pretty much payment for very little, a raffle and some priority to away games which are dwindling. Sad to say it as in it's prime it was an ingenious idea. RD funds the academy and RD reaps the benefits, wrong outlook? Perhaps, but in this modern day where football is at an all time price high, you don't want to fork out on something almost unnecessary, in my opinion.
  • What the club did wrong in this case was not announce a new signing by the end of yesterday - Bauer? - to soften the blow a little.
    Then given him the number 24, as has been conjectured, and a sodding big clue that Jordan Cousins was tying up a new contract.
  • What I don't understand is given that a number of clubs were interested, why there we not little sweetners like loan players- loan back of Joe etc... I can understand fee if a clause in contract but surely the buyer has to work a bit or have we got the worst negotiators in the league? The other possibility as that we are not being told the full story and the deal could turn out to be much better than it looks right now.
  • We so should have held out till January and gave Gomez more 1st team action to play better and influence the 1st team but I guess it's easy to say that objectively when it's not my money and investment.

What's concerning is that the squad is rather thin at the moment in defensive positions.

I suppose that was highlighted this time last year so having enough faith we will get the players in by august.
  • What I don't understand is given that a number of clubs were interested, why there we not little sweetners like loan players- loan back of Joe etc... I can understand fee if a clause in contract but surely the buyer has to work a bit or have we got the worst negotiators in the league? The other possibility as that we are not being told the full story and the deal could turn out to be much better than it looks right now.

It depends but I read that they triggered a release clause? If that's the case Liverpool don't have to do a thing other than stump up the £3.5m
  • edited June 2015

What I really hope is that Roland's shop window approach to young talent doesn't bank on us discovering a Joe Gomez every 1-2 years.

Because we won't.

No one is that footballingly stupid , surely !!
  • What I really hope is that Roland's shop window approach to young talent doesn't bank on us discovering a Joe Gomez every 1-2 years.

Because we won't.

No we won't but Southampton seem to have done so don't they?
  • But what if Millwall had offered £3.5 million and triggered the clause? Unless the contract stated that Gomez had complete choice – then the cost of any sweetner that a club may have felt they needed to give to us would have been part of his deal. What we don’t know was how hardball Gomez and his agent were, when agreeing the new contract. Maybe the club had no option. Maybe they didn’t negotiate well enough. We can’t know.
  • Sponsored links:

• What I really hope is that Roland's shop window approach to young talent doesn't bank on us discovering a Joe Gomez every 1-2 years.

Because we won't.

No we won't but Southampton seem to have done so don't they?
    blame Les Reed ..
  • 3m(or supposedly more) for JG, and 8m (maybe more) for Mings, hmmm. Methinks we have been shafted....again. !?