Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

big Marko vs The Krauts - Match Thread!

Yes !!

All the action from the Letna Stadium in Prague, home of the Sparta scumbags, as Charltons own Marko Dmitrovic stands between the tournament favorites and a hat full of goals. Alongside me my Expert Summariser, Zoran, in Prague as long as me, but forever a Partizan man, and still a bemused student of the Sasa Ilic phenomenon. Any questions on Serbian footie, fire them away.

Off to the pub now, ko 19.45 UK time

Comments

• In the earlier game, Denmark came from behind to beat the Czechs. Tough group this
  • GOOOOAL Serbia take the lead, nicely taken by Filip Djuricic of Benfica. Ha!
  • Bah! Emre Can equalizes for Germany on 16 mins. Left the defender sprawling on the deck and a precise shot right to the far post beats Marko. First German shot on target, but no blame on Marko for that one
  • In however many games he's played for us, I still don't think I've ever seen Dmitrovic actually make a save.
  • nothing he could have done for German goal

bet Liverpool are wondering where that Can has been
  • Half time level, but Serbia should be ahead. Caucic smashes a great shot against the crossbar. Marko had nothing else to do since the goal
  • Outrageous. The only beer available is non alcohol Carlsberg. FFS!!!!

How many chips?

WTF? Non alcohol carlsberg? I wouldn't drink their normal shit! Export in a true any port in a storm situation but non alcohol Carlsberg?

the dirty bastards
  • Ball at feet, Marko sells the German striker a great dummy. Definitely a footballer
  • Sponsored links:

• The most impressive German players are Can and Younes. Quite obviously Turks.
  • Second Yellow card for Gunter, Germany down to 10. Serbia have a chance to cause an upset here
  • tricky said:

In however many games he's played for us, I still don't think I've ever seen Dmitrovic actually make a save.

One he made was actually amazing. Rotherham maybe

In the back 3!

A bit disappointing that the BBC match report didn't mention "Charlton Atheltic's Dmitrovic" after his sterling efforts for us last season!

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/33170219
  • Finished 1-1, very disappointing tactics from the Serbian coach who was clearly happy to settle for the point when they could have easily gone for the three. As for Marko, all I have learnt is that he is a decent footballer. Whether he is a decent keeper, I am none the wiser. He had absolutely nothing of consequence to do. Neither did the German keeper, which tells you all about the game. Tippy tappy tosh, with a half time serving of execrable "beer". Football, sanitised by UEFA to within an inch of its life. Oh well, easy to get back to a proper pub and then home.

next up for Marko, the Czechs, at the same stadium. Well I thought he'd be busy tonight, and he really wasn't but hopefully the home team will test him more on Saturday.

Attendance 5,400, BTW
  • Thanks Prague hope you will keep this up for all his games, I for one love hearing how our players are getting on

Playing in defence Pauline.
  • Thanks Prague hope you will keep this up for all his games, I for one love hearing how our players are getting on

That's my plan although not sure if I will get to another live game. Czech TV is covering them all though, so I certainly want to keep tabs on him while I have the chance.

• All on BT Sport

WTF? Non alcohol carlsberg? I wouldn't drink their normal shit! Export in a true any port in a storm situation but non alcohol Carlsberg?

the dirty bastards
    It's UEFA. The same happens if a Czech club has a UCL or Europa game. Stalls which normally sell proper Czech beer are only allowed to sell non-alcoholic beer from the sponsor at that time. It's really quite incredible when you think about it. A bunch of tossers from a puffed up football organisation can tell a nation to alter its beer drinking habits.

Anyone know how we can send the FBI round to UEFA HQ?
  • Sponsored links:

the dirty bastards
    It's UEFA. The same happens if a Czech club has a UCL or Europa game. Stalls which normally sell proper Czech beer are only allowed to sell non-alcoholic beer from the sponsor at that time. It's really quite incredible when you think about it. A bunch of tossers from a puffed up football organisation can tell a nation to alter its beer drinking habits.

Anyone know how we can send the FBI round to UEFA HQ?
    They would only find them sticking non sponsor champagne bottles up each others bottoms.
  • thought Marko's kicking was better than the usual