Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Ashley Maynard-Brewer - Interview discussing earlier injury woes (p14)

Comments

• Options

He’s definTely 6’3”. Been taller than me for the past 2 years - and I’m his old man!!

And you're really an Argyle supporter, right? :smile:

• Options
    Born and bred Arvyle. Down on the Barbican growing up and I. Devonport End as a kid. Tommy Tynan, Kevin Hodges even Gary Nelson as some great players back then. The Shilton years and even Pulis and Holloway. And Charlton has it tough!!
  • Options
    Weird
  • Options
    I met him last year and he was a really nice lad. He left a lot behind in Oz to trial with us and we said come back in a year or so and if you’ve grown we’ll take you on. He did, so we did.

Well that’s what he told me anyway
  • Options

unique

fixed that for you
  • Options
    Bit worrying that we only have two keepers both are which are young and pretty untested, especially MB but good luck to them. I reckon Phillips is good enough for our first team anyway and deserves his chance just got to worry about back up in case of injury etc
  • Options
    Dazzler21 said:

You save shots not goals.

True, but that’s not what the words of Andy’s song!
  • Options

YTS1978 said:

Sounds like a positive lad, who’s been on an incredible journey the last 4-5yrs. Good luck to him, if he turns out to be half as good as Andy Petterson we’ll be laughing! Who’s that saving goals, who’s that saving goals? Ashley Maynard Brewer...Ashley Maynard brewer!

If he's only half as good as Petterson, he'll be pretty rubbish actually!
    If he wins a POTY award, like Andy, he’ll have done well!

• Options

Born and bred Arvyle. Down on the Barbican growing up and I. Devonport End as a kid. Tommy Tynan, Kevin Hodges even Gary Nelson as some great players back then. The Shilton years and even Pulis and Holloway. And Charlton has it tough!!

Does he think he is ready for 1st team football? Really do not know how you will answer honestly
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Ashley Maynard-Brewer made his Charlton senior debut aged just 19 during Tuesday evening’s EFL Trophy game with Swansea u21s – but how does a youngster who grew up in Western Australia find himself turning out for a South London outfit?
    https://www.londonnewsonline.co.uk/charltons-stopper-from-down-under-ashley-maynard-brewer-explains-how-a-former-addick-delivered-him-to-se7/
  • Options
    Hope he does well.
  • Options
    At Dartford today. whether he gets straight in the side is another thing.
  • Options

Hampton have already got an excellent keeper, Tom Lovelock but I'm guessing he might be injured.

They've also got good coaching staff and their manager, Gary McCann was a keeper for Hendon, Dulwich and Sutton.

• Options
    Had a decent game at Dartford yesterday. Conceding 2 goals, a penalty and a deflection and making a very good save at the end to earn a point. 
  • Options
    Was at Dartford yesterday. Couldn’t do anything about the goals. Looked pretty decent! 
  • Options
    I just hope he's good enough to be a Premiership star of the future.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    How long is Amos on contract for? Got injured and Phillips has been in great form so I can see him leaving and AMB making the second spot his own
  • Options
    sam3110 said:
    How long is Amos on contract for? Got injured and Phillips has been in great form so I can see him leaving and AMB making the second spot his own
    Amos is on a one year deal so expires at end of June
  • Options
    No chance will we keep two senior ‘keepers post June 30th, so AMB has a clear route to the second spot, pushing Phillips for the starting position will be really tough. 
  • Options
    sam3110 said:
    Amos is on a one year deal so expires at end of June
    Has the option of an extension
  • Options
    se9addick said:
    No chance will we keep two ‘keepers post June 30th, so AMB has a clear route to the starting position. 

• Options
    se9addick said:
    No chance will we keep two senior ‘keepers post June 30th, so AMB has a clear route to the second spot, pushing Phillips for the starting position will be really tough. 
    That assumes we'll be able to keep Dillon. AMB could be backup to Amos or ANO
  • Options
    Saw him play at Dulwich v Slough.

Looked a good prospect.