Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Ireland v England - Sunday

Comments

• Options
    Just watched the first half. England were disappointing.
  • Options
    Shelvey would do a better job than Wilshere in the creative midfielder role.
  • Options
    Arter is creating chances for Ireland... Do we regret letting him go?
  • Options
    Lifeless England performance once again
  • Options
    If you need a cure for insomnia then just watch a recording of that game.
  • Options
    Utterly pointless friendly at the end of a long season. The players would have probably got more out of another day of rest.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I gave up at 23 min that was woeful truly on par with Boro vs cafc in the prem on Monday night football
  • Options
    International friendly in June being shit shocker!!

And Shelvey would do better than Wilshere? Please behave yourself.
  • Options
    not pointless in that there is a qualifying game next weekend. I only watched second half and apart from lacking a cutting edge, thought England were by far the better team. I'd like to see Shelvey and Wilshire - I think Henderson has improved a lot but he needs to find more goals in his game. Townsend looked good I thought.
  • Options

not pointless in that there is a qualifying game next weekend. I only watched second half and apart from lacking a cutting edge, thought England were by far the better team. I'd like to see Shelvey and Wilshire - I think Henderson has improved a lot but he needs to find more goals in his game. Townsend looked good I thought.

We were better in the second half. I guess the logic of playing such a game is that many of the players will be rusty after the break from the end of the season
  • Options
    Dropped a line to my England supporting pal who was there this afternoon as the subs were being made. Sterling obviously had to go as he was worn out from his latest dive and Wilshere obviously can't go any longer without a beer and a fag!

Poor game. Hope we both do better next week!
  • Options
    TelMc32 said:

Dropped a line to my England supporting pal

You needed more than one line to get through that Tel

• Options
    edited June 2015
    I think Wilshere comes in for some real harsh criticism.

He does pick up silly injuries, and its often due to him holding onto the ball for too long but he's one of the most dynamic and forward thinking players we have. It wasnt long ago he picked up 3 MoM awards in a row for England. Him and Henderson seem to have a good understanding which was highlighted at HT on Itv. I personally think Shelvey is way behind Wilshere as a player.
  • Options

TelMc32 said:

Dropped a line to my England supporting pal

You needed more than one line to get through that Tel

Several pints of Guinness did it mate...it really was awful! As I said...hope we both do better when it matters next week :wink:
  • Options
    Still after what happened 20 years ago, I guess we should be thankful that the game passed without any incident...
  • Options

He does pick up silly injuries, and its often due to him holding onto the ball for too long but he's one of the most dynamic and forward thinking players we have. It wasnt long ago he picked up 3 MoM awards in a row for England. Him and Henderson seem to have a good understanding which was highlighted at HT on Itv. I personally think Shelvey is way behind Wilshere as a player.

Wilshire is suffering the fate of so many English players. He was hyped as a youngster as a superstar in the making - a ready made replacement for Fabregas at Arsenal and a fulcrum for England's midfield. For various reasons he hasn't reached that level, at least not yet. Some of it is his fault but the hype around him wasn't. However, because he hasn't lived up to the hype he's viewed as a disappointment and as we all know - all footballers are either brilliant or shit. Wilshire isn't brilliant ergo he must be shit. The reality is he's still decent and when fit better than most of what we've got as an alternative. Shelvey on the other hand, although decent enough himself, gets overrated on here because he's one of ours.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I feel very sorry for the supporters who paid to be at that game
  • Options
    Well that was blooming dull...
  • Options
    Not sure why Wilshere got praise at HT, other than their being ex-gooners there. Seemed either trying and failing to make difficult passes, fouling someone or complaining. How many chances did he actually fashion?

I admit to being biased, (unlike the media with their gooner love) but I see Shelvey as better offensive passer than Wilshere. I don't see any Englishmen with a more consistent through ball than him. Walcott, Oxlade-Chamberlain, Wilshere, Jenkinson, Chambers all get more England caps because of who they play for and lauded in the press for the same reason. Sign for Arsenal - get a free England cap.

And how poor was Rooney???

• Options

I feel very sorry for the supporters who paid to be at that game

Dublin isn't that bad.
  • Options
    Vincenzo said:

Not sure why Wilshere got praise at HT, other than their being ex-gooners there. Seemed either trying and failing to make difficult passes, fouling someone or complaining. How many chances did he actually fashion?

I admit to being biased, (unlike the media with their gooner love) but I see Shelvey as better offensive passer than Wilshere. I don't see any Englishmen with a more consistent through ball than him. Walcott, Oxlade-Chamberlain, Wilshere, Jenkinson, Chambers all get more England caps because of who they play for and lauded in the press for the same reason. Sign for Arsenal - get a free England cap.

And how poor was Rooney???

He's a Gooner, standard practice
  • Options

I agree, but Wilshere's a knob. And that really doesn't help.
  • Options
    But Wilshere was playing a deep role
  • Options
    Whilst enjoying a day gardening my wife asked what time the game kicked off and I said 'really?' I mean who cares? I don't.
  • Options
    Taxi_Lad said:

But Wilshere was playing a deep role

He could be playing deep purple for all i care, hes still a mook! :wink:
  • Options
    edited June 2015

Whilst enjoying a day gardening my wife asked what time the game kicked off and I said 'really?' I mean who cares? I don't.

Second time you've opened this thread to tell us that.

I think its a real shame that people can't get excited for a game like Ireland v England