Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

The worst pair of shoes you've ever owned

Okay a classic, close season thread but I know mine. They were an absolutely hideous pair of velvet ankle boots called pixie boots with a kind of velvet flap around the ankles. They briefly fashionable circa late 81/early 82. They were absolutely disgusting footwear, the kind I would have ripped the piss out if anyone else for wearing. I bought them in Dolcis, Lewisham I believe. I wore them once to the Fox and Firkin, got slaughtered by everyone who saw them and I never dared wear them again.
Anyone else got any footwear horror stories?

Comments

• Options
    Won't be able to describe them, but they came from a shop called 'The Officers' Club', which was always 'closing down' with all stock 70% off.
  • Options
    6" high heels. Still haven't got used to them. But then they were bought by the wife as a present.
  • Options
    Always got my shoes from Clarks... One year decided to try a pair from Marks and Spencer, never again, tried them for two weeks and they rubbed to the point of agony whenever I had to walk anywhere despite them being comfortable in the shop
  • Options
    Circa 1979, a pair of "man made" material black shoes with a 4" heel and plastic gold tips on the toe. The gold paint soon chipped off. Truly awful.
  • Options
    Back in the 70's My mum bought me a pair of Steve Austin , six million dollar man trainers that had left and right printed on the heel.
    The Micky taking i got even when i was 7 years old scars me today!
  • Options
    Pair of base Chelsea boots the hardest to break in ever, binned them after a month of pissing blood heels and top of foot
  • Options
    School shoes came apart. Wasn't allowed trainers at school so had to wear a white pair of shoes ((bought for a wedding where my outfit was a la Miami Vice) with my school uniform for two weeks. Not a great look.
  • Options
    Pair of suede reeboks. Nothing wrong with them in general, except that they were red and blue.

Left them to die under my bed.
  • Options
    At school i had a pair of grey shoes with a gold bit at the front.....needless to say i got slaughtered for weeks.
  • Options
    Crocs, I swore never to wear em beyond the boundary fence, but I think I strayed down the supermarche in em a couple of times.

I was tempted to say me black stanfords I wore to Beavers (before girls were allowed in), but they are iconic now tbf
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    1973 shit brown pair of corfam lace-ups that cost £1.99 when all my mates had £5 loafers with tassels and leather soles!
  • Options
    Massive 70's high heeled soles and heels. Mum said I could only have them if I wore them right down. I said yes of course and was still wearing them eons after everyone else had moved on.
  • Options
    I'm about 6' 2" Back in the Seventies platform shoes were de rigeur. Mine caused me a lot of pain ............... mainly through hitting my head every time i passed through a doorway.
  • Options
    edited May 2015
    Looked the nuts in these back in the day...

• Options
    A bright red, mirror finish pair.

Sadly I wore these with a matching bow tie and Miami vice style suit. An ex talked me in to a 'new image'. I still cringe 30 years later when ever photographic evidence pops up
  • Options
    Primary school monstrosities.
  • Options

Primary school monstrosities.

That's the buggers I wore Beavers
  • Options
    edited May 2015
    Fashion of any description and me are not and never have been close bedfellows.

I do wonder whether there is actually anything new under the sun.

My daughters refer to 'Converse' footwear and me being me had no idea what on earth they were talking about. On being shown a pair I committed the heinous crime of remarking that when I was a lad they were called plimsolls and the only difference is that they have two colours rather than one.

Doubtless by calling plimsolls Converse shops can charge more or maybe I am a cynical old git.
  • Options

Looked the nuts in these back in the day...

They are quality soapy!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I wouldn't mind a pair of those....
  • Options
    I had a pair of wayfinders at school, compass inside, animal prints on the sole
  • Options
    I did have a few pAirs of wallabys back in the late 80's early 90's. Pink, light blue, lavender if I recall.
  • Options
    edited May 2015
    I had a pair of 6" heels, 4" platforms, silver and metallic blue ...only time in my life I was 6' tall ... Loved em.
  • Options
    A pair of white and yellow basketball trainer made entirely of squeaky plastic, literally every step I took they squeaked like a possessed gerbil, they were fucking clunky as hell too, with a massive metallic silver tick on the sides, and a banana yellow heel stabiliser to round off the shittiness
  • Options
    MrOneLung said:

I did have a few pAirs of wallabys back in the late 80's early 90's. Pink, light blue, lavender if I recall.

Most comfortable shoes I've worn.
    Have a pair of ankle boots beige ones which I've had for about 8 years and still as comfortable.

Back in the day had plenty of pairs from Greenwichiindoor market and shelleys!!!

£80 a pair now.
  • Options
    A pair of black slip ons that my Mum bought me for school. I was about 11, it was 1975 and they would have looked old fashioned on a 65 year old bloke, even back then.
  • Options
    I had a pair of pirate boots to go with ultra tight trousers in the 80s new romantic period. Makes me quiver now just thinking that I actually wore them in public.
  • Options
    Once bought a pair of black brogues with traditional design from Clarks. Wore them for a month when my wife asked why I was wearing odd shoes on, they has two entirely different designs. No one else had noticed. Doubt many people bother to check if you are wearing matching shoes but changed them anyway. I see it's now a fashion thing for footballers' boots.
  • Options
    edited May 2015
    Not in the spirit of the thread, but my Clarkes Commandos were the best shoes. Tiger or lion footprint on sole, compass inside when you lifted insole. Anybody remember these? I was at primary school when I had my pair lol.