Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

THE VISTA - New West Stand Lounge

Comments

• Greenie said:

Ah, sorry, hadn't spotted this thread before I opened the other one. D'oh.

Might change my user name to JCMC (Just call me Colin).

Theres already a poster called Colin.
    Thanks Colin.
  • Showing Palace Beamback on Wednesday.
  • Showing Palace Beamback on Wednesday.

I've been invited!
  • Invited. Fashionably, I won't be attending.
  • I got an invite too, only just seen it. Will have to miss it for the same reason I could not go to the match. Luckily, (as it seems now) am going away tomorrow!
  • We've all been invited. Don't feel special.

Interested its been advertised as its 'launch'. I thought the season started over six weeks ago.
  • We've all been invited. Don't feel special.

you've ruined my whole week now.

• no "we" haven't :smile:
  • A few weeks back Mrs cafcfan got a call from Ravi inviting her + 1 (me obviously) to the Vista Lounge for the Hull game.
    We accepted and I can confirm that it has been very tastefully refurbed. The staff were friendly and efficient and the food was entirely acceptable.

Now, you'd think the whole purpose of that freebie was to try to persuade us to sign up to use the lounge for the season. But we didn't get any follow-up phone calls to ask whether we'd enjoyed the experience and would be interested. Strange.
  • Sponsored links:

• Got a complimentary ticket for the Vista lounge for the Rotherham game. Whilst all very nice and had a good chat with KP, 350 pounds just to access the lounge is a joke. I Guess that is why it was three quarters empty!
  • valleyfan said:

Got a complimentary ticket for the Vista lounge for the Rotherham game. Whilst all very nice and had a good chat with KP, 350 pounds just to access the lounge is a joke. I Guess that is why it was three quarters empty!

Only 3/4's..............
  • I got a phone call the other night from the club, I got all excited, I thought I'd won Valley gold! Only to find out I had an invitation to come and experience the vista lounge, when I heard the prices I nearly fell on the floor!

I thought it included food and a match ticket, I told them to call back when I'd won valley gold, and I might be interested.
  • cafcfan said:

A few weeks back Mrs cafcfan got a call from Ravi inviting her + 1 (me obviously) to the Vista Lounge for the Hull game.
    We accepted and I can confirm that it has been very tastefully refurbed. The staff were friendly and efficient and the food was entirely acceptable.

Now, you'd think the whole purpose of that freebie was to try to persuade us to sign up to use the lounge for the season. But we didn't get any follow-up phone calls to ask whether we'd enjoyed the experience and would be interested. Strange.

Would you liked to have been phoned up and asked ?
  • Didn't have any space in the end. If anybody cancels pls let me know
  • edited September 2015
    PL54 said:

cafcfan said:

A few weeks back Mrs cafcfan got a call from Ravi inviting her + 1 (me obviously) to the Vista Lounge for the Hull game.

Would you liked to have been phoned up and asked ?
    An interesting question! No, I'm not bothered. I'm guessing that the reason Ravi asked to speak with Mrs cafcfan is because our West Stand car park pass is in her name. Thinking about the seemingly very early arrival time of cars in the car park, I'd think we must be in a minority in that we don't also have some sort of hospitality package.

As for the lounge itself the price seems very step. You don't really get any benefit that you don't get for free in Crossbars. In fact, as Crossbars has a view of the pitch, it's better. The only advantage would seem to be easy access to West Upper seats, including at half-time.

• Redhenry said:

Didn't have any space in the end. If anybody cancels pls let me know

I've just cancelled my two, so give Ravi a try.
  • Thanks BB
  • Still no spaces
  • you've been blackballed mate
  • Sponsored links:

• You're right. I couldn't get through on the phone for a ticket and now the lounge is full. :/
  • Don't understand why they are only doing this in one small-ish lounge?
  • Don't understand why they are only doing this in one small-ish lounge?

To promote the lounge
  • I wasnt invited but them I am a serial lapser
  • Got my call from Ravi last night for the Fulham game; going along on Sunday to check it out, but no way would I pay £350 over a season for this (rather drink in Bartram's or on the concourse!). Can you access the West Lower from this lounge too?
  • edited September 2015
    When we used that lounge we were able to access the Lower West by going down the stairs to the 2nd floor and entering the stand via the Centre Circle Lounge ( you can also go through the Millenium Lounge). However my Dad has mobility problems and we were allowed to do this - whether you would actually be allowed to do this if you have no mobility problems I wouldn't know. Ravi Patel is very helpful and I'm sure he will be able to let you know.
  • When we used that lounge we were able to access the Lower West by going down the stairs to the 2nd floor and entering the stand via the Centre Circle Lounge ( you can also go through the Millenium Lounge). However my Dad has mobility problems and we were allowed to do this - whether you would actually be allowed to do this if you have no mobility problems I wouldn't know. Ravi Patel is very helpful and I'm sure he will be able to let you know.

I dealt with him recently on some hospitality matters and he was excellent, communicative, helpful etc.
  • Having been invited by Ravi Patel, we went into the Vista Lounge on Sunday. It is quite compact, only using the back area of the West stand (overlooking Sam and the car park), and covers two floors. When we arrived (about 10.45), it was fairly busy in the lower bar, so we went upstairs, which was empty. Got good bar service, and a nice table by the window, and sat there chatting. Bought a programme off the lady who was selling them (you don't get service like that in Bartram's!), and then John Humphrey came up for a chat, which was very nice of him. Got given team sheets around 11.30. It got a little busier closer to kick-off time (an old birthday-boy with half a dozen family was introduced to Keith Peacock right beside us). At about 10 to midday we made our way to the downstairs lounge again, then after asking how to get to the West Lower, went down to the second floor, across another lounge and through the door to the back of that tier. It was great to come out right above our seats and just be able to walk down to them.

While it was nice to be able to have a comfortable seat, good quick bar service, and a chat with an old hero, I really don't think that this is worth £350 a year. The eight year old girl I was with said she didn't think it was worth £50 for her or us! Maybe if the ground was selling out each week and Bart's was full to bursting it would be an improvement, but when Bart's has plenty of space as it does currently then there is little benefit.

Oh, and the magnificent London views are pretty average, even from the top lounge! All you can see are Docklands skyscrapers, the top of City Airport, and roofs!
  • Clearly RD needs to move the ground to provide better views