Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

THE VISTA - New West Stand Lounge

Comments

• Options
    Vista - £350
    Millennium - £300
    Crossbars - £0
    Toss a coin I guess!
  • Options
    LordDofB said:

Vista - £350
    Millennium - £300
    Crossbars - £0
    Toss a coin I guess!

I must admit it is rather baffling.

I guess the way they see is that "normal" fan (i.e. one that goes to a normal pub for a normal £5 pint) will go into Crossbars, where as the more flash affluent fan (i.e. the one that will go to a private club in Mayfair and pay £12 for exactly the same pint) will use the lounges in the West stand.

Keeps them away from the great unwashed of Crossbars!! :wink:
  • Options
    No doubt named after the street where Billy Bonds lived while playing for us.

:smile:

#RDdontcareaboutourpast
  • Options
    I understand the club are keen to capitalise on the clientele that frequented the now defunct pubs in Charlton Village hence the name change. Although the original "Swan Vista" was shortened to "Vista" through fear of people lighting up in the karzys.
  • Options
    @shirty5

unfortunately the lunches in 1951 weren't described as mouth-watering
  • Options
    I'm not claiming any direct responsibility for this idea, but as long ago as 2006 (when we were in the Premiership admittedly albeit not for much longer), I wrote:

I would baulk at £2,600, but I might be persuaded to part with a grand per season to have a nice padded halfway line seat, a drink at half-time and a free programme. I'm far more price sensitive in other areas of my life, but not with regard to Charlton and I suspect there are thousands more like me. However absent the club advertising "Season Tickets: £525 (unless you're willing to pay more, in which case they're £700)" then they are losing out on the opportunity to find out who we are.

The airlines haven't been slow in spotting this type of opportunity; Virgin Atlantic's Premium Economy class is exploiting this middle ground nicely for example. Throw in a slightly bigger seat, a dedicated check-in queue and a glass of cheap champagne and hey presto, they get away with charging sometimes 300% more than an equivalent economy fare. Next time you're at Heathrow Airport wondering why they're not doing more to speed up the economy check-in queue, remember they'd prefer it to be even longer (just in case those lucky souls in Premium Economy are tempted to trade down next time).

Now I'm not suggesting that Charlton follow the airlines and knowingly make the match-going experience less pleasant for those in the cheap seats. And I'm certainly not suggesting perhaps just a quick preseason memo to fans on the lines of, "....unanticipated problems with the West Stand roof will require us to install view-impairing pylons at each end.....however those fans sat in our new exclusive Clive Mendonca Club will be unaffected, as will those fans contemplating a move to our soon-to-be-completed Mark Kinsella Suite..."

• Options
    Crossbars was £100
    Then it went up to £200
    £50 for a kid
    Now it is £0 if you can get served ?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

Less than £40 per game for the best seats and lounge access is very good value.

I won't be taking advantage as I am in the East Stand, but tend to agree with you.
  • Options
    LordDofB said:

Vista - £350
    Millennium - £300
    Crossbars - £0
    Toss a coin I guess!

I might buy a pass to both the millennium and vista lounges - spend pre match in the millennium and post match in the vista
  • Options
    Curb_It said:

You've missed quite a bit of the email off of this.

Ill be interested to hear ME15's thoughts on this. I think it is her that uses that lounge?

If it's only ME15 using the lounge, then I get why they're trying something different!! :wink:
    boogica said:

Crossbars was £100
    Then it went up to £200
    £50 for a kid
    Now it is £0 if you can get served ?

Tried it a few times at the end of the season and got great service. Great entertainment with local bands playing & the kids love the MoTM vote & seeing the winner come in for photos. Great option for a pint after the game.
  • Options
    Choice is good for the consumer. Looks a good option and well done the club, I hope it works. Should appeal to some and would have done me a few years back when my 2 little kids were not around.
  • Options
    Is it likely that this lounge will be open during the week and not just on game Days ? Could be a restaurant/bar for anyone to go to during the week like they have at Chelsea?
  • Options
    Is crossbars free admission from now on then? Since when?
  • Options
    Portch said:

Since the last couple of games of the season, I actually think it's pretty decent in there.
  • Options
    Off_it said:

Come to the Valley. Our North Stand package entitles you to;

- entry via a modern state of the art turnstile
    - free use of stairs to your seat
    - exclusive use of a seat (unless we're playing Bournemouth, or someone else we want to flog your seat to)
    - A tip up seat (exclusive use thereof)
    - the opportunity to buy a programme
    - the opportunity to buy piss beer
    - the opportunity to buy chips (14)
    - the opportunity to buy a raffle ticket
    - complimentary rights to watch the big screen
    - free score updates on the big screen

Have I missed anything?

The opportunity to see Charlton score (goals not guaranteed).
  • Options

No doubt named after the street where Billy Bonds lived while playing for us.

:smile:

#RDdontcareaboutourpast

I used to live 3 doors down from the Bonds family growing up.

His old man was a window cleaner and I used to borrow his ladder to get in my house when I'd locked myself out.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

@shirty5

Indeed. Just the basics back then. Beer, Sandwich, Paper.
  • Options
    Off_it said:

Come to the Valley. Our North Stand package entitles you to;

- entry via a modern state of the art turnstile
    - free use of stairs to your seat
    - exclusive use of a seat (unless we're playing Bournemouth, or someone else we want to flog your seat to)
    - A tip up seat (exclusive use thereof)
    - the opportunity to buy a programme
    - the opportunity to buy piss beer
    - the opportunity to buy chips (14)
    - the opportunity to buy a raffle ticket
    - complimentary rights to watch the big screen
    - free score updates on the big screen

Have I missed anything?

-the opportunity to use the designated smoking areas (aka the bogs).
    -the opportunity to wash your hands in energy-saving water (aka bleeding freezing water)
  • Options
    14 chips is the deal breaker here
  • Options
    shirty5 said:

@shirty5

Scrunched up or folded?

• Options
    se9addick said:

Portch said:

Since the last couple of games of the season, I actually think it's pretty decent in there.
    That's pretty cool, thanks.
  • Options
    Ah, sorry, hadn't spotted this thread before I opened the other one. D'oh.

Might change my user name to JCMC (Just call me Colin).
  • Options

Theres already a poster called Colin.
  • Options

I think your current user name suffices....
  • Options
    shirty5 said:

@shirty5

Newspaper - the 50s equivalent of free Wifi ...
  • Options

I'm a generous soul, and for a small token of your appreciation will let you use MY thread :-)