Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Europa League Final 2015

Great little match going on here between Dnipro and Sevilla, very open for a final and some lovely goals to boot. ITV4 if you're interested.

Comments

• Options
    3-2 Seville
  • Options
    Bacca booked for getting a Colombia flag from the crowd after his goal. Ridiculous rule.
  • Options
    Bacca's such a good striker, would love to see him come to England this summer, I think he'd score a ton of goals here.
  • Options
    Bacca averages 1 in 2.
    So confident when through on goal, real quality player.
  • Options
    Dnipro player just collapsed while on his own.
    Scary how quiet the stadium has gone.
  • Options

And?....
  • Options

And?....
    Don't know yet, got stretchered off and there hasn't been an update.
  • Options
    Delayed concussion, so hoping nothing too serious
  • Options
    A European cup final, only on ITV4. No wonder it can't be taken seriously by many. Shame really.
  • Options
    edited May 2015
    cafctom said:

A European cup final, only on ITV4. No wonder it can't be taken seriously by many. Shame really.

I remember Channel 5 had it for a while few years ago but I guess it does sum up the attitude of the football media and clubs in this country..

That's until we lost that 4th place due to poor performances in such competitions.

Sevilla have proved you can have a decent season and still do well in this clearly!

Even on MOTD last Sunday Danny Murphy said the only reason Everton had a poor season was due to being in Europe...well I fully expect them to be top 8 then next season! (The 3/4 teams in the Europa league having a bad season and them having a slight improvement anyway..)

• Sponsored links:

• Options
    Did Seville have oranges at half time?
  • Options
    Didn't even know it was on.
  • Options
    Match officials were all from England
  • Options

Broken nose but otherwise 'alright' according to the Dnipro manager
  • Options
    edited May 2015
    I didn't even realise that this game was played and I'm sure that no one will be able to recall the 2015 finalists within a month or two. I have just noticed Dnipro's record as they achieved the status of runners up.

In 17 Europa League games (why so many?), they won 7 drew 5 and lost 5. They scored 17 goals and conceded 14. They scraped out of the group stage with 2 wins 1 draw and 3 defeats. They failed to score in 6 games. It makes me wonder what is the worst record you could have and still win the tournament?

Their results in the competition were:

Play off v Hadjuk Split (H) W 2-1
    Play off v Hadjuk Split (A) D 0-0
    Group v Internazionale (H) L 0-1
    Group v St Etienne (A) D 0-0
    Group v Qarabag (H) L 0-1
    Group v Qarabag (A) W 2-1
    Group v Internazionale (A) L 1-2
    Group v St Etienne (H) W 1-0
    R of 32 v Olympiakos (H) W 2-0
    R of 32 v Olympiakos (A) D 2-2 Agg 4-2
    R of 16 v Ajax (A) L 1-2
    R of 16 v Ajax (H) W 1-0 Agg 2-2
    QF v Club Brugge (A) D 0-0
    QF v Club Brugge (H) W 1-0 Agg 1-0
    SF v Napoli (A) D 1-1
    SF v Napoli (H) W 1-0 Agg 2-1
    F v Sevilla L 2-3
    **edited to correct Ajax results
  • Options
    On those results, how did they get past Ajax?

• Options

They actually lost 2-1 away, not at home, so away goals
  • Options

Oops - now edited.
  • Options
    cafctom said:

Had Liverpool made it to the Final I suspect that it would have been on ITV1. Sevilla aren't a big side (even in their own country) although I jst googled them and discovered that they won this competition last season as well. The other club I'd never heard of.

It's no surprise that the broadcasters didn't want to move Corrie to show this game.
  • Options
    edited May 2015

I didn't even realise that this game was played and I'm sure that no one will be able to recall the 2015 finalists within a month or two. I have just noticed Dnipro's record as they achieved the status of runners up.

In 17 Europa League games (why so many?)

I disagree,

With your first point it was very entertaining and Sevilla are now in the Champions League and it was Dnipro's first European final, IMO people will remember who got to the final.

I still remember last year's classic between Sevilla and Benfica.

Secondly-You say 17 games is a lot, correct me if I am wrong but if arsenal had got to champions league final they Would have played 15 games, so is 2 extra Really That many.

I have said it before and will say it again, I think the attitude English Media and teams have towards the Europa League is wrong, still I am sure they will regret it when we lose a European place for playing so badly in the European competitions.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

cafctom said:

Had Liverpool made it to the Final I suspect that it would have been on ITV1. Sevilla aren't a big side (even in their own country) although I jst googled them and discovered that they won this competition last season as well. The other club I'd never heard of.

It's no surprise that the broadcasters didn't want to move Corrie to show this game.
    Seville have won the competition 4 times in 9 years!
  • Options

You really scoured those results then? (Ajax, geddit?)
  • Options

cafctom said:

Seville have won the competition 4 times in 9 years!
    That's quite impressive, but it probably says more about the competition than the club, unfortunately.