Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

FIFA arrests- bribery allegations (ed Blatter to resign)

Comments

• Options
    The best bit about Andrew Jennings book is that he gives every single person who he believes has conned bribed and taken money from the game in a deceitful way, who he has accused in print within the book the opportunity to sue him, including Sepp, Warner And Co plus some closer to home names all of which as of yet have failed to take him up on the offer,

It would be a wonderful notion to finally hope that today is the start of the house of cards collapsing, but alas I doubt that day will ever happen in my lifetime, Sepp would have hung this lot out to dry in order to buy him enough time to continue building the walls of Jericho and to hide his corrupt fat arse

If anyone could get Sepp it's the fbi and the fact he hasn't been arrested today highlights the fact he will walk.away free once again
  • Options
    It's telling that Blatter hasn't been arrested yet. 

Bet he turned supergrass!!
  • Options
    “The indictment alleges corruption that is rampant, systemic, and deep-rooted both abroad and here in the United States,” said Attorney General Lynch. “It spans at least two generations of soccer officials who, as alleged, have abused their positions of trust to acquire millions of dollars in bribes and kickbacks. And it has profoundly harmed a multitude of victims, from the youth leagues and developing countries that should benefit from the revenue generated by the commercial rights these organizations hold, to the fans at home and throughout the world whose support for the game makes those rights valuable. Today’s action makes clear that this Department of Justice intends to end any such corrupt practices, to root out misconduct, and to bring wrongdoers to justice – and we look forward to continuing to work with other countries in this effort.”

• Options
    I'm not going to get too excited about this. Nothing is going to happen for years. Its one thing to bring charges its another to get someone convicted and sent to jail.
    Blatter is an old man there are not enough years left in his life to get him to court even if there is direct evidence of any wrong doing.
  • Options
    bobmunro said:

What are the odds that the corruption enquiries lead to Millwall being reinstated back into the Championship?

Have faith - they are gone and with no way back (for years and years and years!)
    If I could dish out five LOLs to a post once a month...well, there it is
  • Options
    Disgrace that it's taken America, traditionally a non-footballing nation, to kick start this. It should've been outed years ago.

As much as we are smashing FIFA I have no doubts that there are plenty of major figures in our own FA as well as other major footballing countries who are absolutely crapping themselves now.
  • Options
    Bet there's more than just doddery old bstds at the fa worried eh arry
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited May 2015
    The best thing to come of this is going to be Warner's comeuppance. That man is absolute fucking filth - I had to re-read the stuff about him and his sons in Jennings' book about five times because I simply couldn't believe it. He's absolute toast - been living on borrowed time for years.
  • Options
    They have had Warner already though mate, Sepp washed his hands of him long ago, to the point where jack Warner very nearly sold Sepp down the river
  • Options
    It's been said this is a bad day for football but I think this is a great day for football. We've all known fifa have been poisoning our beautiful game for years & now that the investigation is being led by the FBI and not fifa. I hope and think they'll start to uncover the depths of Blatters corruption, even if it takes years
  • Options

They have had Warner already though mate, Sepp washed his hands of him long ago, to the point where jack Warner very nearly sold Sepp down the river

And yet Warner appears to have been present at the hotel where he and the FIFA officials were arrested, despite having resigned from FIFA years ago (and therefore prevented any further ethics investigation from being carried out).

• Options
    Rizzo said:

And yet Warner appears to have been present at the hotel where he and the FIFA officials were arrested, despite having resigned from FIFA years ago (and therefore prevented any further ethics investigation from being carried out).

Keep your enemies closer I believe the saying goes
  • Options
    David Conn (@david_conn) tweeted at 11:30 am on Wed, May 27, 2015:
    Fifa: US Dept of Justice: Between 1991 & the present [!], Fifa defendants & co-conspirators engaged in "fraud, bribery & money-laundering."
    (

Could be prison time here
  • Options
    edited May 2015

FIFA washed their hands of him a while ago, but the man is so dirty and so brazen about it that he'll be the biggest victim in all of this. The investigation the FBI will be running is going to based around Chuck Blazer and his dealings with FIFA & concacaf. As far as I'm aware, Warner hasn't had to pay back a single penny of the cash he's trousered over the years - Blatter threw him to the wolves long ago but they're only now starting to circle round him. Blazer knows where all Jack's bones are buried - bet you he doesn't know a single thing about Sepp's.

Interesting that the Swiss have opened their own investigation - lots of pressure from the US for that to happen, but there's no way it will have been done without Blatter being aware of it beforehand. Suspect he'll have been tipped off ages ago that this was happening and will have his shit prepared to weasel out of it.
  • Options
    You know that is true, Sepp was well aware of it
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    From what i heard on the radio, the arrests are not in connection with 2018 and 2022, but for events prior to this, but the Swiss authorities are investigating criminal charges relating to these two events.

Not counting chickens, but this could be the biggest thing in Football in our lifetimes.
  • Options
    I don't doubt a few people will serve time for this but not many and it will take years to come to trial.

The big news will, I hope, mean that finally FIFA will have to reform itself.

The Olympics(IOC) were as corrupt if not more so than FIFA but change did come. Maybe now we'll see a reformed FIFA where every decision isn't about money, where more money goes to grass roots and development and not crooks pockets and football is a force for good.

Will there still be corruption and skimming off the top? Pretty sure there will as that happens everywhere but maybe it will be just a skim not taking the whole deal.

And no more Qatars.

• Options
    Sorry, see this was already posted.
  • Options
    Someone cleverer might want to correct me, but I gathered the reason the Americans are behind this is down to their ability to prosecute if the accused has touched on something of their's. An American bank account for instance. Once they have that connection, they're able to reach across to other countries to reel in the villains. It's a terrorist thing that has handily worked out with football. At least that's what I read this morning.

Ultimately, if the Swiss aren't protecting a man's corruption, he's clearly gone too far.
  • Options
    JiMMy 85 said:

Someone cleverer might want to correct me, but I gathered the reason the Americans are behind this is down to their ability to prosecute if the accused has touched on something of their's. An American bank account for instance. Once they have that connection, they're able to reach across to other countries to reel in the villains. It's a terrorist thing that has handily worked out with football. At least that's what I read this morning.

Ultimately, if the Swiss aren't protecting a man's corruption, he's clearly gone too far.

That's how I understand it, and it is much more powerful than individual FA's attacking the problem.
  • Options
    Blatter taken away for questioning

• Options
    It beggars belief that 9 senior members of FIFA can be arrested and Blatter just brazenly sits there saying 'I'm fine, I wasn't involved'. He's in charge! Even if there was some parallel universe where Blatter wasn't a corrupt little ogre he'd still be responsible for heading up a company that allegedly embezzles, racketeers and launders. The man really doesn't give a shit