Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

If we cut the Valley Express, How would it affect our attendance

I know a fair few must use this service, as there are always loads of coaches outside Charlton before a game,
for £8 return for some of the places in Kent, its pretty affordable certianly cheaper then driving,

Does anyone on here actually use the service?

And how do you think it would affect our attendance should Charlton pull the plug on it ?

Comments

• Options
    Season ticket holders around me certainly use it and have said that they would not renew if the service was not available.

I understand that you can buy a Valley Express season ticket.
  • Options
    I prefer taking the train as you can go into town early, have a few decent ales and maybe some lunch before going over to Charlton, plus you can then stay for some post-match beers if needed. I've been forced to use it in the last couple of years over Christmas though because there are never any trains running on Boxing Day.
  • Options
    Not this again.

The club stated this season that it isn't being stopped.
  • Options
    Surely if it's making a loss then there isn't the demand for VE that some might think there is?
  • Options
    Have there been any noises about the club cutting the service, or is this pure speculation?

I don't see why the club would cut the service unless it's running at a huge loss. Isn't it set up to cover its costs?
  • Options
    The price next year is going up to £10 return, perhaps a sensible solution if it means they can break even.
  • Options
    It would be wrong to throw loyal supporters into the hands of the evil Southeast who have even less concern about the cattle they transport at the week end.
  • Options
    Ross said:

Not this again.

Yeah but that was at an East Kent Addicks meeting so nobody else knows.....
  • Options
    Ross said:

Not this again.

This season?
    Or last season?
    Perhaps you mean next season?

• Sponsored links:

• Options
    I heard that they've sold the seats to away fans so they can have a lovely day.
  • Options
    LenGlover said:

Ross said:

Not this again.

Yeah but that was at an East Kent Addicks meeting so nobody else knows.....
    We'll both I and my parents have just bought season tickets for next season on Valley Express so I'm pretty certain it isn't being stopped. Also had it confirmed that it is £10 return next season. £199 for a season ticket is good value.
  • Options
    At the last Fans Forum Meeting Katrien confirmed that the Valley Express will continue and that there are no plans for it to be discontinued
  • Options
    It's not being stopped, you can all relax.
  • Options
    edited May 2015
    iaitch said:

I heard that they've sold the seats to away fans so they can have a lovely day.

I consider anyone from Kent an away fan anyway...
  • Options
    In answer to the question, the attendance would be reduced.
  • Options

Will the club reinstate the Essex route?

Smudge where did the Essex route run to?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

We have fans in Clacton?
  • Options

Smudge where did the Essex route run to?
    Sugarhut
  • Options
    Essex route ran to Colchester, and there are several supporters living on the Tendering peninsula which includes Clacton, Frinton, Dovercourt and Harwich.
  • Options
    edited May 2015
    Cheers @buster2003 I have moved to South Essex. I see a few people from this way on the train up to Stratford going to home games.