Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Can't make my mind up help wanted

Got a rare day off on Monday wife and kids want a day out up London

So little girl wants to go tower of London that's easy and ticked off as booked

Eldest son and his mum want to go for bodeans

Me I want an easy life but I am bored of bodeans

Great food great prices great atmosphere and they are really family friendly

So I have heard of red dog and I recall a thread on here about it also

But where else is a really good pit or smoke house that is as friendly as bodeans and that the food is as good if not better

Remember it's got to have BBQ food that a little man( he eats anything so is not an issue)

A 5 yr old and 13 yr old who love the big hog combo and tuck in on their mum and dads dinner whilst eating their own chicken or hotdog / burger meals

Come on people what's on offer in London that fits, I won't have the bodeans is shit talk I like it, I just want a change in scenery we have been to all of their London restaurants

Comments

• Options
    Byron is decent
  • Options
    Red Dog is good,but for family orientated maybe somewhere like a TGIS would be ideal,foods not bad in there either
  • Options
    Chizz said:

Let me get this right:

1. Your wife wants to go to Bodeans.

2. Your son wants to go to Bodeans.

3. The food at Bodeans is great; there is a great atmosphere there; and it's family friendly.

4. You have to go somewhere that has the same type of food as Bodeans.

5. Your 5 year old and your 13 year old love the food they serve there.

And, critically...

6. You want an easy life.

Seems this is a conundrum that is pretty easily solved.

Plus there's a Bodeans next to Tower of London.
  • Options
    Get yourself to brick lane for a curry.
  • Options
    edited May 2015
    http://www.smokehouseislington.co.uk/

Neil Rankin is probably the best BBQ chef in the country and this is his place in Islington.

Pretty sure its kids friendly as well.
  • Options
    Cabana on Upper St.

Family friendly place and it's 2-4-1 if you have one of them tastecards I think...
  • Options

Neil Rankin is probably the best BBQ chef in the country and this is his place in Islington.

I'm Hank here, shouldn't of clicked on that bloody link
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    cafc4life said:

Red Dog is good,but for family orientated maybe somewhere like a TGIS would be ideal,foods not bad in there either

TGI Friday ? He's not a bloody tourist !
  • Options
    se9addick said:

cafc4life said:

TGI Friday ? He's not a bloody tourist !
    you can't beat a monster burger though. Smashed one of them last sunday after sharing a prawn and chicken wing starter
  • Options
    edited May 2015

Been here a few times and the food is great. Not sure it's 'family friendly' tho in the same way the other places are.

Edit: I mean it's friendly but not family orientated
  • Options

cafc4life said:

Turn it in you slag.
    sorry but what?
  • Options
    try porky's

Their ribs are awesome (as are there burgers!)

One on Bankside by the Shakespeare globe, one in Camden and a smaller one in Boxpark Shoreditch.
  • Options

But where else is a really good pit or smoke house that is as friendly as bodeans and that the food is as good if not better

Remember it's got to have BBQ food that a little man( he eats anything so is not an issue)

A 5 yr old and 13 yr old who love the big hog combo and tuck in on their mum and dads dinner whilst eating their own chicken or hotdog / burger meals

Come on people what's on offer in London that fits, I won't have the bodeans is shit talk I like it, I just want a change in scenery we have been to all of their London restaurants

Wish my kids were like that.

My eldest is a right snob when it comes to eating out. It's all about sushi and all that poncey stuff. She's only fu**ing 10 years old!!!
  • Options
    cafc4life said:

If you've got no tastebuds or you lost your soul in a game of cards, then cafc4life is right on the money with this one.
  • Options

My eldest is a right snob when it comes to eating out. It's all about sushi and all that poncey stuff. She's only fu**ing 10 years old!!!
    Brendan_O_Connell Member
    May 17
    I have three children all in private education so am a bit biased here, but I can see Chizz's point (in a way). Whilst it can seem a little unfair they have special tax exemptions, if they didn't have charitable status they would have to charge even larger fees which in some cases would put potential parents off sending their kids there.

By the way, I'm not one of those rugby types who drives a big 4x4 wearing a tweed jacket. I'm just lucky enough to be able to send my kids somewhere where I beleive (hope) they will get a platform to get into a good university and get a good start in their career in later life.

:wink:@chizz was right
  • Options
    Well that took a strange turn.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Macdonald's?
  • Options
    Well that's the ego massaged, now what is your opinion on destinations for food ?
    cabbles said:

Brendan_O_Connell Member
    May 17
    I have three children all in private education so am a bit biased here, but I can see Chizz's point (in a way). Whilst it can seem a little unfair they have special tax exemptions, if they didn't have charitable status they would have to charge even larger fees which in some cases would put potential parents off sending their kids there.

By the way, I'm not one of those rugby types who drives a big 4x4 wearing a tweed jacket. I'm just lucky enough to be able to send my kids somewhere where I beleive (hope) they will get a platform to get into a good university and get a good start in their career in later life.

• Options
    JiMMy 85 said:

cafc4life said:

If you've got no tastebuds or you lost your soul in a game of cards, then cafc4life is right on the money with this one.
    Didnt realise John Cristophe Novelli was a regular on this forum.
  • Options
    edited May 2015
    cabbles said:

Brendan_O_Connell Member
    May 17

LOL!! Blimey, you're spot on there mate. I'll have to knock that right out of her!

She doesn't get it from me I promise you!! I'm more of a kebab and chips man myself!
  • Options
    shine166 said:

Well that's the ego massaged, now what is your opinion on destinations for food ?

cabbles said:

Brendan_O_Connell Member
    May 17

sorry got 3 windows open looking at different threads and trying to work at the same time. Was trying to reference @Brendan_O_Connell has opened himself up to this snobbery about food by sending his kids to private school, that was what the wink/smiley face was for

Chizz apologies for using your name, was trying to respond to a point you'd made on another thread I came across.

• Options
    shine166 said:

cabbles said:

Brendan_O_Connell Member
    May 17

See previous comment about Kebabs!
  • Options

cabbles said:

Brendan_O_Connell Member
    May 17

LOL!! Blimey, you're spot on there mate. I'll have to knock that right out of her!

She doesn't get it from me I promise you!! I'm more of a kebab and chips man myself!
    Haha. As long as she is happy to still go out with her old dad for dinner further down the line then that's all that matters. even if you're to keep quiet and not embarrass her by asking for a bottle of Blue Nun
  • Options
    hmmm, Bodeans.

Love it there, and couldn't get more ideal for Tower of London
  • Options
    Bodeans has gone downhill in the last couple of years. Red Dog is of a fairly similar standard really.

I haven't seen Pitt Cue Co mentioned, that's good but you may have to queue.
  • Options
    cabbles said:

shine166 said:

cabbles said:

Brendan_O_Connell Member
    May 17

sorry got 3 windows open looking at different threads and trying to work at the same time. Was trying to reference @Brendan_O_Connell has opened himself up to this snobbery about food by sending his kids to private school, that was what the wink/smiley face was for

Chizz apologies for using your name, was trying to respond to a point you'd made on another thread I came across.

That's ok. And, just for the record, I'd be pleased if we sign the other Tal Ben Haim; it's terrible that the Valley Express is going to stop; I didn't feel the Earthquake last night; and I haven no comment at all about taking dogs on holiday to France.