Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Earthquake in Kent

I live in Kent, was just sitting in bed and felt my bed move from side to side. Went on Twitter and there's just been a 4.3 M earthquake in East Kent. I live in Whitstable... Scared the shit out of me.

Help

Comments

• Hope everyone is all right down that way.

I expect to see a full report on here from East Kent Addicks :wink:
  • edited May 2015
    Heard on the news that dogs started barking and seagulls started flying rather than staying on the ground.

Concerned of Blackheath

#prayforKent

Had a thought though. Can you imagine if fracking had already started? People would see this as evidence incorrectly that fracking had caused the issue.
  • My Wife said the ground moved for her.
  • edited May 2015
    As the epicentre of the earthquake was in Ramsgate,
    I await Airman Brown's Report with interest.
  • No doubt, Nigel will blame it on outsiders.
  • I was very drunk so even if I did feel it I don't think I noticed it....
  • Nothing at all in The Glorious Weald of Kent.
  • edited May 2015
    Wife and I woke up, kids didn't even bat an eyelid.

Remember one about 6-7 years ago too when I assumed I was dreaming it and went back to.sleep, only found out about 2 days later it'd damaged houses in Folkestone.
  • Sponsored links:

• Portch said:

I live in Kent, was just sitting in bed and felt my bed move from side to side. Went on Twitter and there's just been a 4.3 M earthquake in East Kent. I live in Whitstable... Scared the shit out of me.

Help

Reports are there has been £15 worth of damage.
  • Portch said:

Help

So the Isle of Sheppey has completely sunk into the Thames Estuary then?
  • cafcfan said:

Portch said:

Help

This is when having webbed feet finally pays off for them!
    When exactly did Sheppey get Invaded by the hoards from Norfolk ?

• cafcfan said:

Portch said:

Help

This is when having webbed feet finally pays off for them!
  • Has the concert been arranged yet for the victims?
  • iaitch said:

Has the concert been arranged yet for the victims?

the bbc are going to do a tribute featuring all the modern day pop artists to the tune of 'God only Knows' by the beach boys. The video will be in the Royal, Ramsgate beach front
  • I'm live in Beltinge or Beltyaminge as our lovely welcoming sign says on our door! Felt the room shake at 2.52 this morning,very weird experience

Latest picture from the devastating earthquake in Kent.

What a senseless waste of a cup of tea. My heart bleeds for all the victims.
  • Sponsored links:

• PL54 said:

As the epicentre of the earthquake was in Ramsgate,
    I await Airman Brown's Report with interest.

He'll find a way to blame the club and how he would have delivered a better, more supporter aligned earthquake
    Now now PL :wink:
  • cabbles said:

iaitch said:

Has the concert been arranged yet for the victims?

the bbc are going to do a tribute featuring all the modern day pop artists to the tune of 'God only Knows' by the beach boys. The video will be in the Royal, Ramsgate beach front
    Has the resulting tsunami flooded Europe?
  • A dreaming Nigel Farage hears "earthquake in East Kent" and immediately thinks it's the political earthquake generated by him winning his seat in the election.

Then he wakes up...
  • I hope Airman's ok.
  • definitely as a consequence of immigration with all the foreigners landing on the East Kent coast and causing the ground to tip and then as they've ran off to make their escape, the land has tipped back down again.
  • The kop feels your pain.
    YNWA
  • Boat loads of Thanet residents now seen off the French Coast.
  • There was a fatal car accident just by us in Herne coincidentally about an hour before the earthquake.

So when I then got up about half 3 to feed our daughter there were police cars, fire engines etc outside, the whole house had shaken an hour ago, was worried there'd been a bomb or an explosion of some sort