Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Comments

• Options
    God sake. Got a big day Monday was going to use the feeble excuse of not being able to get on the dlr to stroll in a little later.

am sure its good for everyone else tho.

• Options
    RMT not called off as yet though.
  • Options
    Oh... so there's still hope of a 10.30 start?
  • Options
    RMT now called off too.
  • Options
    Bollox, was all set to work from home on Tuesday.
  • Options
    Phew... Got a manic Tuesday in the Office so could do without that
    cabbles said:

South Eastern staff are now frantically coming up with a plan b as to why their service will be delayed on Tuesday.

Dont worry (1) that wont be difficult (2) they dont usually need excuses to fuck the trains up as they just like to go... the 17:54 train to X is... Delayed
  • Options
    Presume Southeastern will be praying for some inclement weather, wrong type of rain/sun/wind delete as appropriate.
  • Options
    Original offer was reportedly a four year deal more or less matching the RPI.

Wonder what the employers have increased it to.

I don't follow who employs the key rail staff following privatisation - presumably you'd think it would be the train operating companies in competition with each other but apparently not.
  • Options
    cabbles said:

South Eastern staff are now frantically coming up with a plan b as to why their service will be delayed on Tuesday.

My money's on "over-running engineering work", with a dash of "points failure between Lewisham and New Cross", a hint of "passenger taken ill on the train at Mottingham" and a generous sprinkling of "displaced train crew".

F*%k you arseholes, one day I will take my revenge!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

Original offer was reportedly a four year deal more or less matching the RPI.

Wonder what the employers have increased it to.

I don't follow who employs the key rail staff following privatisation - presumably you'd think it would be the train operating companies in competition with each other but apparently not.

Original was 0% 1st year but £500 bonus but also guarantee no compulsory redundancies.

Train operating companies employ drivers, guards and staff (except at the biggest stations)

NR employ the signalmen, engineers, maintenance guys, staff at the big stations

• Options
    Gutted, back to a 3 day bank holiday.
    I had already told them at work there is no way I'm coming in.
  • Options
    Train operating companies basically do nothing. They're mainly there to give people someone to complain to. Network rail does all the real work and is nationalised but they call it a "company" so that you can't blame the government.
  • Options
    I read somewhere that the CEO of Network Rail & RMTs Top Dog are Norwich fans, the thought of their play off final on Monday being affected concentrated minds :wink:
  • Options
    RMT General Secretary Mick Cash is a Watford fan not Norwich.
  • Options
    [quote]Train operating companies basically do nothing[/quote]

You must work for Network Rail!