Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Charlton sword pin badge

A bit of a random question, and a long shot but just wondered if anyone can help.

I am getting married in July and wanted to buy some of the silver Charlton sword badges for the wedding party to wear (a subtle nod to the Addicks!), as pictured below:

They were listed in the online shop, and I went into the shop before the last game v Bournemouth, but they were not in stock. I then went back to the website to order them online and they have disappeared, after emailing the shop it turns out they no longer stock them!

Just wondered if anyone has got a similar sword style pin badge and if so where they got it from? Have searched the usual places online but not come across anything yet.

Any help would be greatly appreciated :)

Comments

• ask @cafc999 he knows the badge maker who's done the new museum badges.
  • I got mine from the club shop some time ago

The stall by the little tunnell used to do them I think
  • edited May 2015
    PL54 said:

I got mine from the club shop some time ago

The stall by the little tunnell used to do them I think

He's not allowed to sell badges any more.
  • Great idea RIADN.
  • You can borrow my 'Charlton Life' badge, if you like.

;o)
  • If you are short by one then I'll post you mine
  • How many are you looking for, and how much were you expecting them to cost in the club shop?
  • edited May 2015
    IA said:

How many are you looking for, and how much were you expecting them to cost in the club shop?

I saw them online a few weeks ago, from memory they were about £3.50 each I think. Stupidly thought to myself I would wait and buy them in person from the club shop, but they had stopped selling them by then!

Looking for 7 in total.
  • I think IA is about to start crafting them from coat hangers and selling them to you for a tenner a piece
  • Haha, if it was a bigger quantity I would've given a contact. Sorry, I can't help on 7, but hope you get them somehow.
  • Sponsored links:

• Thanks for your help all. Think I'll have to admit defeat on this one, I regret not just buying them online before the end of the season!

Cheers anyway chaps.
  • edited June 2015

Nothing a bit of research can't help with....
    It is more expensive and you do get a horrid star badge.... but that's your sword pin as part of the pair right?
  • Thanks for your help all. Think I'll have to admit defeat on this one, I regret not just buying them online before the end of the season!

Cheers anyway chaps.

Seeing as you're getting married, I'd get used to admitting defeat if I were you.
  • edited June 2015
    Dazzler21 said:

Nothing a bit of research can't help with....
    It is more expensive and you do get a horrid star badge.... but that's your sword pin as part of the pair right?
    Ahhh thanks mate! You're a hero! Came across that website a couple of weeks ago but checked a few times & it said 'out of stock', so had given up hope to be honest.

Anyone in need of 7 rather terrible Charlton star badges?! :)

Cheers anyway chaps.

Seeing as you're getting married, I'd get used to admitting defeat if I were you.
    Wise words!
  • edited June 2015
    Happy to help mate, I only hope the quality is ok!
  • It doesn't look the same quality as Rufus' original photo but great to see it's been sorted.
  • I'm sure they'll be fine, thanks all. I'll dish them out to my wedding party on the morning of the big day.

The best part about everyone wearing these badges for the day it is that my Best Man is a Palace fan!
  • I'm sure they'll be fine, thanks all. I'll dish them out to my wedding party on the morning of the big day.

The best part about everyone wearing these badges for the day it is that my Best Man is a Palace fan!

If he even tries dicking about with it use it to stab him in the eye

Bants

• The best part about everyone wearing these badges for the day it is that my Best Man is a Palace fan!

That doesn't say a lot for the rest of your mates.
  • Sponsored links:

turn it into a game with the rest of your mates, you all have to pin the star badges to him throughout the day/evening see who can get the most on him without him noticing.

winner gets to shag his mrs

turn it into a game with the rest of your mates, you all have to pin the star badges to him throughout the day/evening see who can get the most on him without him noticing.

and if he's gay?

and if he's gay?
    the winner or the palace fan?

and if he's gay?
    shag his 'partner'?