Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Andy hunt would "not be surprised" if we got relegated

WSSWSS
edited October 2006 in General Charlton
http://www.addickted.net/newsitem.php?id=112

Not a great article to be honest

Comments

• Options
    intresting to see him say that martin pringle was best player he played with.
    you have to acknowledge that a pro footballers view has more substance than a fans view.
    i thought pringle was a class above the rest when he played for us, and that often made him look a bad player with others not on the same wavelength, (a point i argued, and got slated for at the time).
    it was the short spell that john barnes played that convinced me i was right. although not the fittest, it was barnes who brought the best out of pringle by his speed of thought.
  • Options
    [cite] paulbaconsarnie:[/cite] it was the short spell that john barnes played that convinced me i was right. although not the fittest, it was barnes who brought the best out of pringle by his speed of thought.

Absolutely about Barnes- he was a class above us at the time even though his body often didn't let him do what he wanted-

I'd venture to suggest that another player on his wavelength was Kins- When Barnes came on, Kins always tried to slow the pace down to accomodate him- and it was lovely to watch!