Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Update on food voucher debacle

Just got following email.

Dear Pbs

I am writing to you around your experience on the Bournemouth game regarding the supply of food and beverages. We are aware that there were several issues across the site with our complementary voucher system.

Whilst we forecasted for higher than usual sales we underestimated the demand and as a result we were unable to deliver on all of the vouchers that we had distributed, resulting in an overall poor experience. It was the first time this season that we have trialled the vouchers and we have taken away the learnings and we now have a comprehensive list of action points to follow if we decide to use vouchers in the future.

I’d like to take this opportunity to apologise for the disappointing service that you experienced, we didn’t reach the standards that we demand of ourselves or that we would expect to receive in your position.

Once the fixture list is released, we will be contacting you again as we would like to invite you to come and dine with us in Harvey’s for pre match hospitality.

Alternatively we are more than happy to reissue vouchers. If you would rather exchange the vouchers that can be used across our catering outlets then please post them to Wesley Spinks, The Valley, Floyd Road, London, SE7 8BL. These will then be exchanged.

If you have any other comments or feedback that you would like to send to us please feel free via hospitality@cafc.co.uk. I hope you have a great summer and I look forward to seeing you next season.

Yours sincerely,

Wesley Spinks
Catering General Manager

Comments

• Options
    Fair play
  • Options
    Well done , hoe everyone gets same response.
  • Options
    Just to add that I hadn't complained to the club so am assuming everyone affected will get the same.
    Not sure people would've kept the vouchers though.
  • Options
    "Learnings" ?

Otherwise a fair apology and offer of a meal in a lounge.
  • Options
    Mr Spinks will be getting an email off of me very soon.

• Options

"Learnings" ?.

Thought the same ... New business speak I assume ...ridiculous
  • Options

"Learnings" ?

Otherwise a fair apology and offer of a meal in a lounge.

If you deal with Americans a lot, you hear this sort of crap all the time. If one more yank says "I'll 'reach out' to you" I swear there will be a murder!
  • Options
    Ok, but I came home with two of the vouchers unused, and binned them. Why would I keep them. So, what am I supposed to exchange ? I assume they are saying return unused vouchers for new valid vouchers ? Therefore if I don,t have them will I still get free lunch in Harvey's ? Bloody complicated isn't it. Only wanted to watch football !
  • Options
    edited May 2015
    Where is Harveys ?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Learnings.....hmmmmmm
  • Options

Where is Harveys ?

Stone Lake Retail Park or North Stand.
  • Options
    An offer made is good.
    Is 'forecasted' a word? New one on me.
  • Options
    Not dealing with the real issues, like how many chips you get.
  • Options
    But from his learnings he now knows we want more than 14.
  • Options
    Curb_It said:

Is Wesley going to constantly get ripped to pieces now like Ben Kensell did just because we don't like his terminology - In what is a private email to another(s).

Leave off.

I hope not.
    That was not even remotely my thinking when posting it up.
    Imo it's reasonable the club have recognised it was a balls up and trying to make good. Only trouble i can see is if people now want replacement vouchers they have to send in the old ones (I don't know why anyone would've kept them). On the other hand anyone that was satisfied having got their vouchers early and managed to spend them can now have a freebie pre match scoff as well.
  • Options
    The club should re think the return of the vouchers and simply send new vouchers to anyone that received them in the first place. As has been stated most would have binned them and they were time bound.

The new vouchers should not be time bound or at least be valid over a wide period of time.
  • Options
    Beyond debacle.

I am sure Wesley will enjoy replying to people going forward knowing everything will get a public airing.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I was just about to post the same. The guy resounds to a fan, with an apology and offer, and people pick up on his use of the English language.
  • Options
    I thought they'd respond quickly to this, and they have.

And if you cant take a bit of piss taking then perhaps a combination of football and a forum is going to be a confusing and uncomfortable place for you.
  • Options

Bit sensational to say he's being ripped apart!

A mention of his use of a word, then a thread full of positive comments about his apology.

Get a grip for goodness sake!

You get a grip yeh. I hardly said he is being ripped apart. Read what I said.

I asked is he going to get ripped apart just like Ben Kensell did (with his sweat the asset comment) which I found quite nasty in the end.

And since there are about 5 subsequent comments on this thread about his terminology I think its a fair comment .

• Options
    Curb_It said:

Bit sensational to say he's being ripped apart!

A mention of his use of a word, then a thread full of positive comments about his apology.

Get a grip for goodness sake!

You get a grip yeh. I hardly said he is being ripped apart. Read what I said.

I asked is he going to get ripped apart just like Ben Kensell did (with his sweat the asset comment) which I found quite nasty in the end.

And since there are about 5 subsequent comments on this thread about his terminology I think its a fair comment .

My comment wasn't directed specifically towards you, but to the general negative approach a couple of posters had on somebody picking up on a word that Wesley used in a formal communication.

Also; no offence though but you did say ripped to pieces in your post, which is kind of the same as ripped apart, right?

• Options
    Well, I handed out my vouchers to people in the half-time queue as I buggered off to the pub - although I did check with the bloke behind the counter to see if they were still taking them first.

Does that technically mean I used them? And if so, would it be morally wrong of me to then take up any future offer of free hospitality?

Thought I should check on here first, because my moral compass can be "iffy" at the best of times.
  • Options
    Ill say it again to make it clear for you:

"Is Wesley going to constantly get ripped to pieces now like Ben Kensell did just because we don't like his terminology "

When Ben Kensell used a turn of phrase that some posters took offence too it was then constantly used a tool to rip the piss out of him.

I hope this does not happen to this guy, who I believe has made a fair apology.

I've made my point now and I don't want to divert from the actual apology.