Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Ten games or less for Charlton from 2000 to date

The list below consists of players who played for Charlton Athletic in Ten or less League and Cup games from 2000 to date. Some names being back memories of vital goals, played in memorable games, whilst others bring you out in cold sweat and cursing how useless they were or maybe are.

So any memories of these players? Any ideas of where they are now (not the current squad players)? If you like pick your best or worst eleven from them. Enjoy.

Goalkeepers

Tony Caig, Ben Roberts, Carl Ikeme, David Button, Ross Worner, Yohann Thuram-Ulien, Neil Etheridge, Nick Pope and Marko Dmitrovic.

Defenders

Graeme Murty, Gonzalo Sorondo, Tahar El-Khalej, Nathan Ashton, Jay McEveley, Loic Nego, Carl Jenkinson, Harry Lennon, Oguchi Onyewu, Yado Mambo, and Dan Seaborne.

Midfielders

Luke Holden, Jamal Campbell-Ryce, Keith Gillespie, Karim Bargheri, Dean Sinclair, Robbie Mustoe, Josh Wright, Harry Arter, Omar Pouso, Gavin Peacock, Alex Stavrinou, Wade Small, Rashid Yussuff, Jesper Blomqvist, Scott Sinclair, Rubén Bover-Izquierdo, Christophe Lepoint, Milos Velijkovic, Mikel Alonso, Francis Coquelin, Emmanuel Frimpong, Michael Stewart, Abdul Razak, Eggert Jonsson, Dean Parrett, Davide Petrucci, Bally Smart, Jordan Cook and Hogan Ephraim.

Forwards

Stuart Fleetwood, Leroy Lita, Martyn Waghorn, Paul Kitson, Tamar Tuna, Adebayo Azeez, Piotr Parzyszek, Nicky Forster, Michael Smith, Tosan Popo, Leon Clarke, Dany N'Guessan, Marcus Tudgay, Frank Nouble and Karlan Ahearne-Grant

Comments

• Options
    Honestly got no idea who Nathan Ashton, Luke Holden, Rashid Yussuff are.
  • Options
    edited May 2015
    There are some seriously poor players in that list - quite depressing really.
  • Options

Nathan Ashton - Academy player, ended up playing a game for us in the League cup under Dowie vs Carlisle in 2006 and had a loan spell at Millwall. Left to join Fulham in 2007.

Luke Holden - signed on a loan deal by Phil Parkinson in 2009 from Rhyl, only made an appearance in the JPT vs Southampton and got an assist. Loan was not extended.

Rashid Yusssuff - another academy player only made one appearance in FA Cup vs Norwich in 2009. Was released in the same season and signed soon after by Gillingham.
  • Options
    who is alex stavrinou?!
  • Options
    jams said:

who is alex stavrinou?!

Academy player. Signed for Ebbsfleet after us, now is out of football i believe.
  • Options
    Tony Caig running onto the pitch with his towel and facing one shot that bounced and smacked him in the chest.
  • Options
    edited May 2015
    Best player on that list has got to be Coquelin.

Randomly saw a tweet from Rubén Bover-Izquierdo yesterday, he's playing for the NY Cosmos after a couple of years not playing very much for the Red Bulls.
  • Options
    Joe Piggott hasn't played more than 10 times has he? What about Tom Soares in the midfield?
  • Options
    cabbles said:

Joe Piggott hasn't played more than 10 times has he? What about Tom Soares in the midfield?

Pigott - 16 league and cup appearances.

Soares - 11 league and cup appearances. Now at Bury.
  • Options
    edited May 2015
    Felt like N'Guessan played more games than that, sure he got a few goals - not a complete failure compared to some other names in the mix there

Same goes for Ephraim, didn't he bag against Huddersfield when we ended that run of theirs?

On the whole, a list of turd desperation loan signings but a few of those weren't complete toilet, or if they were for us, have gone on to be half decent
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    shirty5 said:

cabbles said:

Pigott - 16 league and cup appearances.

Soares - 11 league and cup appearances. Now at Bury.
    can't believe Piggott's got that many already, even as sub
  • Options
    edited May 2015
    I can't belive how many of them I've not heard of or have forgotten about .
  • Options

Felt like N'Guessan played more games than that, sure he got a few goals - not a complete failure compared to some other names in the mix there

Same goes for Ephraim, didn't he bag against Huddersfield when we ended that run of theirs?

On the whole, a list of turd desperation loan signings but a few of those weren't complete toilet, or if they were for us, have gone on to be half decent

4 goals in 7 games for N'Guessan during the 2011/2012 League one Champions season.
  • Options

You done better than me then

• Options
    Ben Roberts
    Carl Jenkinson, Gonzalo Sorondo, Oguchi Onyewu, Jay McEveley
    Jesper Blomqvist, Francis Coquelin, Gavin Peacock, Scott Sinclair, Hogan Ephraim
    Leroy Lita

Half decent team there, would do a job in League 1 at least (players in their prime, not current ability)
  • Options
    Some of that was absolutely painful to read.

Frimmy played as many games for us as he did for Arsenal and that's still too many.
  • Options
    Still have nightmares about Frank Nouble doing pointless stepovers in the North West corner when we needed a goal. Can't remember what game it was but this stuck with me.
  • Options
    Should make this "Not safe for work" on account of what I said when I saw some of the names....
  • Options
    I genuinely thought Tamer Tuner was going to have a half decent career... shows how much I know!
  • Options
    Fiiish said:

Frimmy played as many games for us as he did for Arsenal and that's still too many.

So strange to see @Fiiish on any other thread apart from the general election one :wink:
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Forgot about Rachid Yussuff... He went on to have a good spell at AFC Wimbledon but appears to be sniffing around the Conference South level now
  • Options

I can't belive how many of them I've not heard of or have forgotten about .

Welcome to my world Beds. Somebody mentioned Bally Smart on a thread the other day and it was a real case of

• Options
    cabbles said:

Fiiish said:

So strange to see @Fiiish on any other thread apart from the general election one :wink:
    Typical that I start posting in the Charlton threads when the season ends :tongue:
  • Options
    Yado Mambo the fantastic defender who shit loads on here wanted to keep for just one more season is now at the mighty Chelmsford City.

Charlton all stars X1

Yohann Thuram-Ulien
    Graeme Murty
    Dan Seaborne
    Tahar El-Khalej
    Yado Mambo
    Karim Bargheri
    Omar Pouso
    Mikel Alonso
    Eggert Jonsson
    Jordan Cook
    Frank Nouble

• Options
    *fewer*
  • Options
    Parrett scored for Stevenage in their play-off against Southend.
  • Options
    Any ideas as to why Michael Stewart seemed to dissapear off the face of the earth after his spell with us? I remember him looking very tidy and being a little disappointed we didn't keep hold of him...
  • Options
    Chizz said:

*fewer*

Nope, don't remember him either.
  • Options
    Someone seriously missed a trick not giving Mambo the number 5 shirt. Had to be done
  • Options
    Leroy Lita scoring 2 late goals away at Plymouth was a pretty great moment!