Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Thanks Johnnie Jackson! (Playing years)

With the season now come to a close I think it's safe to say so has JJ' s time at Charlton (as a player)

Will always welcome back with open arms and will get a huge clap whenever he returns! A big part of why where we are now! A safe championship team, Unless he decides to see his contract out and become member of the coaching staff

Anyhow for the playing years!

Thanks Johnnie

Will never forget!

Comments

• Options
    He will (or at least he certainly should) join the coaching/PR staff after he 'retires' from playing competitive football
  • Options
    Doing his UEFA B coaching badges along with a few of the rest of the squad.
  • Options
    If he doesn't get into coaching he'd be a great pundit
  • Options
    No! ^^ I was thinking on the fact his barely featured and the fact JC and TW where all over the new kit on home page etc
  • Options

don't write him off yet, he still has a lot to offer on and off the pitch

This 100%
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

No! ^^ I was thinking on the fact his barely featured and the fact JC and TW where all over the new kit on home page etc

Should we have played him while he was injured then?

Did you have a collection and send some WH Smith vouchers to Henderson after he'd been out for 6-7 weeks?

• Options
    I do sense that Luzon might not be his biggest fan, but still hope to see him next season. Happy to thank him for what he's done, but don't was his valedictory to come too soon.
  • Options
    edited May 2015
    whilst I share the view that are there are a number of members of this years squad we may not see again next season, I would be surprised if the club captain is among them,

I am also fairly certain that whilst he would welcome the best wishes and gratitude for services rendered so far in his career he may be bemused at learning of his imminent demise!

JJ will feature next season if not in the ever present role we were treated to 2013 & 2014 hes a great club captain and I hope he stays around for a while yet.
  • Options
    Spoke to him a few weeks back and he was making no noises about being anywhere else next season - said he wasn't going to be fit again this season (the one just ended) but looked forward to preseason and what came next. So he's not intending to leave, let's just leave it as that!
  • Options
    I hope you aren't always this premature Matt !
  • Options
    I'd really miss the song we have for him when he scores.
    Best tune ever.
  • Options
    JJ will be reverting to a holding midfield role. He is still very much looking forward to playing again next season although he realises that his new role in the team will limit the goalscoring which he loved so much. No more so than the feeling after a certain goal against QPR the season before last.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Short memories people! After the Brentford game ( the first of our good run) JJ started in CM alongside cousins for I think the first time of the season and a lot of people were saying he looked a hugely better player when alongside the pace and energy of cousins! In fact when he got injured there wasuh worry about whether Buyens could do the same.. turned out he could but I think that performance showed that with the right partner he has a lot to offer even if it ends up jot being first choice... He said himself he was just starting to hit form when the injury came!

Big bob certainty got the CM positions wrong when he was here.. It was obvious we needed some pace in the middle. It should have been cousins and rotate the others alongside him.. This made JJ and Buyens look worse than they are...
  • Options
    I actually won an auction earlier this week for a fourball with Johnnie Jackson and Chris Solly. I can't wait to play it and have a chat with them
  • Options
    Met him outside the West Stand just before the Bournemouth game... Had a brief word on his injury and said that I hoped he'd be back in the side soon, he replied saying that he hoped so too
  • Options

JJ will be reverting to a holding midfield role. He is still very much looking forward to playing again next season although he realises that his new role in the team will limit the goalscoring which he loved so much. No more so than the feeling after a certain goal against QPR the season before last.

He's been great but he doesn't have the ability to be a holding player .
  • Options

With the season now come to a close I think it's safe to say so has JJ' s time at Charlton (as a player)

Will always welcome back with open arms and will get a huge clap whenever he returns! A big part of why where we are now! A safe championship team, Unless he decides to see his contract out and become member of the coaching staff

Anyhow for the playing years!

Thanks Johnnie

Will never forget!

Nice one.
  • Options
    Is Solly past it?

Thanks JJ but see ya before his contract has even finished.

Wiggins is knackered.

Cousins can't trap a ball.

Ventokele is a busted flush

JBG is over rated.

Yann is not good enough for League 1, Championship, EPL

There are some geniuses on CL !

• Options
    wmcf123 said:

Did a pretty decent job there under Riga.
  • Options
    wmcf123 said:

Sat beside him at the POTY and he has said that although he has played that position a little earlier in his career he has been told by GL that is where his future lies within the team.
    As someone else mentioned he will be taking his UEFA"b" this coming week at West Ham's training ground before heading off on holiday (he misses the FA Cup final being an Arsenal fan poor planning) but once back in training he will be working to adjust to the new position that he is being asked to play. He is very confident that it will suit him given his recent injuries which restrict, as he now needs to better manage his fitness.
  • Options
    Scoham said:

wmcf123 said:

Did a pretty decent job there under Riga.
    Did he? Poyet was there, from my memory . Cousins and Jackson took it in turns to go forward . Jacko did play well in that run in, granted. I love the guy but he's going to be a squad player from now on . We were much better when he was out of the side