Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Comments

• lol! Love how he turns round in the interview and says that he does think he's always right
  • When are we gonna get this troublemaker out of our club...
  • Talal said:

When are we gonna get this troublemaker out of our club...

Hopefully never :smiley:
  • I know this has been said before but imagine Yann and him up top. Hopefully we make the right signing this summer to compliment him.
  • Talal said:

I know this has been said before but imagine Yann and him up top. Hopefully we make the right signing this summer to compliment him.

I feel a fully fit Igor would compliment him
  • Talal said:

I know this has been said before but imagine Yann and him up top. Hopefully we make the right signing this summer to compliment him.

I'm not sure I do think we need someone with better aerial ability.
  • Talal said:

Talal said:

Two thoughts spring to mind...

(1) Igor isnt that bad at heading the ball seeing that he beat three Wigan Defenders to score in the 3-0 win.

(2) Yann was someone who always had the ball hoofed up to him and look at what he managed on Saturday with the ball played on the floor (barely remember any crosses from Bournemouth actually).

In terms of the latter I'm basically trying to say that we need to get players to play to feet, in Vetokele / Watt we've two players who are skillful with the ball on the floor so we should use that to our advantage, instead of going for a Striker in the summer because of their aerial ability maybe we should be looking at a proper playmaker (a fitter version of Ajdarevic) along with some good heading Centre Backs so that when we get a corner we're dangerous from them rather than just prolonging the amount of time as to when we give the ball back to the opposition.
  • Talal said:

Talal said:

Two thoughts spring to mind...

(1) Igor isnt that bad at heading the ball seeing that he beat three Wigan Defenders to score in the 3-0 win.

(2) Yann was someone who always had the ball hoofed up to him and look at what he managed on Saturday with the ball played on the floor (barely remember any crosses from Bournemouth actually).

In terms of the latter I'm basically trying to say that we need to get players to play to feet, in Vetokele / Watt we've two players who are skillful with the ball on the floor so we should use that to our advantage, instead of going for a Striker in the summer because of their aerial ability maybe we should be looking at a proper playmaker (a fitter version of Ajdarevic) along with some good heading Centre Backs so that when we get a corner we're dangerous from them rather than just prolonging the amount of time as to when we give the ball back to the opposition.
    I'm not saying we should just look for a lump of a forward to flick things on but someone who is decent on the deck but can also win a few more headers (sorry to say his name again but ala Yann). Obviously if no one is available like that then a fit Igor isn't a bad option.
  • To be fair we turned it around when Hendo came back into the side. Watt surely provided a spark in those first few games after Bob was fired, and a well needed one I might add
  • The audio for this interview is on our Charlton Live POTY Part 3 - check the thread I opened earlier.
  • Sponsored links:

• edited May 2015
    Having someone decent in the air gives us the chance to at least grab some more goals from set pieces, as we only got 1-2 from Igor but none from the likes of Ben-Haim, Gomez or Johnson.
  • Talal said:

Yes, he'd say "I like your new hairstyle" or something like that I expect......
  • cafctom said:

Having someone decent in the air gives us the chance to at least grab some more goals from set pieces, as we only got 1-2 from Igor but none from the likes of Ben-Haim, Gomez or Johnson.

We could have Robert Pershing Wadlow, makes no difference if the corner never clears the first defender...