Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Potential summer signings

Now that the season is over and done with, we have a summer of ins and outs to look forward to.

There are a few area's that need strengthening no matter what happens, and a few more depending on sales and whether a few loan players and out of contract players stay or go.

So, realistically, who would you like to see putting on a Charlton shirt next season to help us push towards the play-offs, and are there any youngsters you would like to see in the first team next year?

Comments

• Options
    Fulham were shite full stop. There's a good player in there without a doubt, think he's well worth a punt on a free.
  • Options
    Jay emmaual Thomas released by Bristol city
  • Options
    I still want Matt Smith
  • Options
    Jay E Thomas, Jamie Ward, Ben Pringle, Jed Wallace. All free. Would take any of them
  • Options
    Jed Wallace would be a fee due to age wouldn't he?
  • Options
    Jamie Ward from Derby - scored some crackers versus us before.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

Not sure about this. Bristol City have just been promoted to the Championship, and they obviously don't think he's good enough.

Why would he be good enough for us?
  • Options
    edited May 2015

Not sure about this. Bristol City have just been promoted to the Championship, and they obviously don't think he's good enough.

Well it depends on whether he turned down a new deal or if he was let go because because they felt he wasn't up to it. Either way he would be classed as released. I don't mind him but would only see him as a 4th choice striker.
  • Options
    mart77 said:

Well it depends on whether he turned down a new deal or if he was let go because because they felt he wasn't up to it. Either way he would be classed as released. I don't mind him but would only see him as a 4th choice striker.
    http://m.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/32592151

Definitely released. I would hope we could do better.
  • Options

Jay E Thomas, Jamie Ward, Ben Pringle, Jed Wallace. All free. Would take any of them

been offered a new deal .. I'd like him to sign for us though

• Options
    edited May 2015
    You can say that about any player that's been released, some are better at other clubs then the one they are at
  • Options

mart77 said:

http://m.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/32592151

Definitely released. I would hope we could do better.
    Bristol City supporting mate reckons he's a 6 out of 10 player in League 1.
  • Options

Jed Wallace would be a fee due to age wouldn't he?

I'm not sure I just heard he is leaving Portsmouth. Would be worth a go even if we paid though.

As for Ward I don't think we will get him tbh, the fact he is gone already makes me think he has something lined up, same as Jay Thomas. Pringle is definitely realistic though and I would be happy with him and Wallace. If we are looking to push on Pringle would be great cover for our wingers for a long season and we are desperate for a midfielder with a bit of flair and that could be Wallace.
  • Options
    CAFCsayer said:

I still want Matt Smith

I think Matt Smith would be a weak signing. Heard from some Fulham fans that he is a bit basic
  • Options
    Would be happy with Jed Wallace from Portsmouth. Has looked a class player for them and think would be a good Championship player
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Anthony Knockaert
  • Options
    Vossen from boro. We were after him last year.
  • Options
    Like BringBack I was impressed by Austin of Leeds.
  • Options
    edited May 2015
    What sort of player is Jed Wallace ? How have people seen enough of him to be so keen ?
  • Options

Like BringBack I was impressed by Austin of Leeds.

Me too. Gave us problems all match
  • Options
    Wallace and Knockaert would be great first signings.
    Hard to know who the number 9 will be. So few obvious candidates so perhaps it's a foreign move again. Hopefully more Kermorgant than Tucudean.
  • Options
    se9addick said:

What sort of player is Jed Wallace ? How have people seen enough of him to be so keen ?

A bit like Pritchard on loan at Brentford.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jed_Wallace
  • Options
    Wallace played for Whitehawk! (fuckin' 'awks playin' well)
  • Options
    Valley11 said:

Wallace and Knockaert would be great first signings.
    Hard to know who the number 9 will be. So few obvious candidates so perhaps it's a foreign move again. Hopefully more Kermorgant than Tucudean.

My guess would be something in between... not the finished article but young and with potential!
  • Options
    That lad from Southampton? Possibly