Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Could this be the future of football?

Now I have heard of 2 balls being on the pitch by mistake but this is stupid, James Rodrigues even looks and sees his teammate with a ball in his hand

Comments

• new Olympic sport maybe, synchronized Throw Ins
  • Really well syncronised
  • Nearest one is a foul throw anyway.
  • both foul throws IMO, both players have a foot of the floor, it is one of the rules that fcks me off completely.

You do that at amateur level on Sat or Sun and you have 8 blokes screaming foul throw, and rightly so.

Yet, at the world cup, Champions League, all the top leagues in Europe time after time the players foot is up, the ball is limply left the hands in front of the head, or thrown directly at the floor.

Lets face it it, it isn't the hardest thing to do in the world and amazes me that players at any professional level cant do it.

Either take the rule away completely from throwing a ball or follow it to the letter of the law.

• Totally agree. As a (former) qualified ref, it's just one of those things that irks me when watching football and as I spent all of my playing as a LB, taking all the throws down the left, it really isn't that hard to execute..............