Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Trophy Presentation

Just wondering if the Football League have 2 Championship Trophies ready & should Bournemouth win the League on Saturday whether they will be presented with the trophy at The Valley?

Comments

• Some poor bloke from the Football League is going to have to sit in the Centre of London till the last possible moment with the Trophy

When its clear whether Watford or Bournemouth are the winners he'll jump in a helicopter and transport it to the relevant ground ;)
  • On a serious note dont they usually have replica trophies... I'd be surprised if the real one isnt at Watford and the replica will be at the Valley

(I remember West Brom winning the league a few years ago and lifting the cup @ Loftus Road)
  • Only to be stopped by air traffic control because of the proximity of The Valley to London City!
  • Perhaps we could give them the one we have in the Museum?
  • There are 3 trophies in total.

They will use 2 this weekend - probably the 2 replicas (due to beer drinking and hat wearing), while the original stays in the safe.
  • Will they really present a trophy at an away game? Can't see it myself , as it will be an empty ground other than the few thousand Bournemouth fans watching! Would imagine the police and stewards will want them out as quick as possible
  • Everyone questioning this, don't concern yourselves. 19-0 with a last minute missed Kermorgant penalty is written in the stars.
  • Bournemouth have never been presented with a Championship trophy at the Valley in their entire history - FACT.

So it is bound to happen.
  • Just give them one each - the Sheffield Wednesday way.
  • Sponsored links:

• Can't see past 14-0 myself.
  • seth plum said:

Can't see past 14-0 myself.

You're forgetting that Middlesborough could win 6-0 which could make the difference up.
  • I want our players to do a proper "lap of honour" after the game - none of this wandering around in disparate groups and carting reluctant toddlers around. If Bournemouth are presented with a trophy, that ought to be before the lap of honour so we have the final moment.
  • Davo55 said:

I want our players to do a proper "lap of honour" after the game - none of this wandering around in disparate groups and carting reluctant toddlers around. If Bournemouth are presented with a trophy, that ought to be before the lap of honour so we have the final moment.

How long you planning on staying in the ground for?! Bournemouth's celebrations will go on for a good half an hour at a minimum, as they should if they win the league.
  • cafctom said:

Davo55 said:

I want our players to do a proper "lap of honour" after the game - none of this wandering around in disparate groups and carting reluctant toddlers around. If Bournemouth are presented with a trophy, that ought to be before the lap of honour so we have the final moment.

How long you planning on staying in the ground for?! Bournemouth's celebrations will go on for a good half an hour at a minimum, as they should if they win the league.
    Go back to their ground and do it on Sunday, we've given them our seats, I don't want to give them our pitch too.
  • Having spent a ton of money on fixing our pitch I really hope there's not a pitch invasion.
  • cafctom said:

Davo55 said:

Couple of pints and a dance at the post-match party, back out to give Yann some good natured abuse, then cheer around the lads, then boo when we don't get a final tunnel jump. Then home in time for tea. Sorted.
  • seth plum said:

Can't see past 14-0 myself.

You're forgetting that Middlesborough could win 6-0 which could make the difference up.
    That doughnut Kranka will play rush goalie again, the score will be 6-6

• Valuable drinking time on offer. I'm off as soon as the referee gives three toots on his plastic whistle to end the game.