Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

General things that confuse you

Comments

• Phil Jones's defending methods.
  • How house prices rising can be a good thing for most of the population.

Unless you are going to sell up and live in a cave/caravan you will struggle just as much and it will cost you more whenever you move.

Good for property investors

Good for people who receive massive bonuses and pay rises but meh for the rest of us
  • And how when interest rates are on the floor mortgages still carry obscene price tags
  • Carter said:

How house prices rising can be a good thing for most of the population.

Unless you are going to sell up and live in a cave/caravan you will struggle just as much and it will cost you more whenever you move.

Good for property investors

Good for people who receive massive bonuses and pay rises but meh for the rest of us

And yet clearly a lot of "the rest of us" voted to keep things that way Carts, for whatever reason.
  • brogib said:

Dazzler21 said:

People who have the time to watch tipping point?

Eh? An hour or so when I have me dinner in the evening is about the only telly I get to watch pal
    Sorry only ever seen that when I've been off work sick when it was on at about 2pm!
  • Oh, and then another ten for shoes to match.

Love being a bloke - suit, maybe a new shirt, smart shoes, most importantly - one shop.

People are amazed when I turn round and say that I have one pair of shoes for work and one pair of trainers for everyday use...

Seriously why do you need more footwear than that?
    So I have:

Work shoes - For work
    Smart Shoes - Smarter occasions than work
    Casual Trainers - Well for wearing casually
    Running Trainers - For running
    Gym Trainers - for wearing in the gym only.
    Scruffy Trainers - for summer dog walks in the fields
    Wellies - For wet dog walks in the fields
    Astro Turfs - Wear on Astro and indoors.
    Moulded Boots - Wear on 3g and Grass
    Motorcycle Boots - Wear on bike during clear weather
    Waterproof Motorcycle Boots - wear on bike during wet days.
    Timberland Hiking Boots - these are good for long walks.
    Scuba Shoes - for when I scuba.

pretty sure I have more shoes than the Mrs!
  • Dazzler21 said:

Oh, and then another ten for shoes to match.

Love being a bloke - suit, maybe a new shirt, smart shoes, most importantly - one shop.

People are amazed when I turn round and say that I have one pair of shoes for work and one pair of trainers for everyday use...

Seriously why do you need more footwear than that?
    So I have:

Work shoes - For work
    Smart Shoes - Smarter occasions than work
    Casual Trainers - Well for wearing casually
    Running Trainers - For running
    Gym Trainers - for wearing in the gym only.
    Scruffy Trainers - for summer dog walks in the fields
    Wellies - For wet dog walks in the fields
    Astro Turfs - Wear on Astro and indoors.
    Moulded Boots - Wear on 3g and Grass
    Motorcycle Boots - Wear on bike during clear weather
    Waterproof Motorcycle Boots - wear on bike during wet days.
    Timberland Hiking Boots - these are good for long walks.
    Scuba Shoes - for when I scuba.

pretty sure I have more shoes than the Mrs!
    What a disgrace to mankind you are Sir!! ;)
  • self service check outs
  • lolwray said:

self service check outs

You must shop at the morrisons near me then mate.
  • People who cannot use self service checkouts properly.
  • Sponsored links:

• MrOneLung said:

People who cannot use self service checkouts properly.

I refuse to use self-service checkouts, I want to interact with a real human. The machines are not taking over my world.
  • MrOneLung said:

I refuse to use self-service checkouts, I want to interact with a real human. The machines are not taking over my world.
    Ha!

Real human interaction at a checkout?!?

• Carter said:

MrOneLung said:

Ha!

Real human interaction at a checkout?!?

We're kind of friendly up north.
  • Why people do things like Fabregas just did, completely pointless and was always gonna be a red
  • MrOneLung said:

I refuse to use them because they ain't paying me to do so, I even refuse point blank in the 24 hr tesco to use them after 11 and make the lazy bstds open a till,

I want to shop for something, I wish to pay you Mr shop keeper or Mrs shop keeper for your wares, if I was going to help myself and do.the deed, I.would walk out with it for free

Also whilst I am at it, yes you Mr/Mrs shop keeper when you have finished your international phone call and you manage to remove the ear piece from under your dirty sweaty chin, then and only then will I acknowledge your hand requesting £6.56 and no I will not pick my change up from your counter you will place it in my Hand like I did you and I don't give two shits about the skin headed Mars bar faced she'll suit wearing gold plate necklaced mug who reckons if I don't move in a min that he will move me

As I fucking dare you not to be the next permanent attachment to Mr shop keepers sweaty head
  • Someone's tired
  • Not wrong there mate fucking knackered, but manors cost nothing and a grown man in 2015 in a shell suit that ain't being filmed in a 1980s sitcom, is gonna move me, good luck lad with that one you petrol breath plumb
  • Heh heh

Manners make the man.
  • And a head but makes em run
  • Sponsored links:

• Not knowing which day summer falls on this year.
  • IA said:

The phrase "You can't have your cake and eat it"

I always do.

I buy the cake. I bring it home. I have the cake. Then I eat it.

It's a corruption of the phrase, "You can't eat your cake and have it" which makes perfect sense. Why anyone would swap it around though is baffling.
  • People who wear boring t-shirts advertising places they've never been and have little idea about. LA? Brooklyn? They're both 'holes for the most part. And this fad has made my Rio shirt redundant (my favourite city).
  • edited May 2015
    MrOneLung said:

tht ll be me
  • MrOneLung said:

Would normally agree with this but started to get worried by the comments like "Are you having a party?" when all I am buying is that nights wine consumption! The machine doesn't judge me!
  • MrOneLung said:

Would normally agree with this but started to get worried by the comments like "Are you having a party?" when all I am buying is that nights wine consumption! The machine doesn't judge me!
    Dont worry I'm sure the technology is just round the corner... Soon someone who scans three big tubs of Ice Cream through a self-checkout will get an automatic voice scream out: "Got enough Ice Cream there tubby"... this will be a new government attempt to shame people into slimming down

• Unexpected tubby at the checkout. Remove fatty foods before continuing.
  • Carter said:

Someone's tired

Nah, someone's account really has been hacked by Danny Dyer!