Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

General things that confuse you

Comments

• How people are happy to share, and take the piss out of, supposedly genuine Tweets about people believing the gold cross surviving the ND blaze was an act of god, but go into orbit about this -

• More confusing and less deliberately inflammatory (no pun intended), how anyone can suggest that a cross surviving is a sign from god, but a cathedral burning down, isn't...  
  • Ignoring how tacky they are - I always thought car 'Baby on Board' signs were an indication to fellow drivers to have a bit of patience and give extra room.

I can't work out whether there's one driver local to me who owns a garage and moves the sign from car to car, or every single owner of such a sign in Surrey is a bloody maniac.
  • Even more confusing is how the people sharing the Tweet think the reply 're the gold cross surviving is really funny (Because the burning point of gold is 1064' and the burning point of wood is only 600'), but don't realise that the fire could've still reached 1064'.

NB *Not saying I believe it was an act of god, but just pointing out the floor in their post
  • Funny how we all avoid the herding instinct at a row of urinals though eh?
    Speak for yourself. 
  • Floor in their posts? Notre dame no longer has a floor.

That's the flaw in your post sir.
  • More confusing and less deliberately inflammatory (no pun intended), how anyone can suggest that a cross surviving is a sign from god, but a cathedral burning down, isn't...  
    My default is that anyone who believes in a God is totally mental, so of course they would believe it........
  • Sponsored links:

• The FAI make them look like a shining beacon of honesty and competence.   
  • People standing waiting for a bus that stand out in the road so they can get a better view to see if the bus is coming, it’s not as if this will make any difference to how quick you get on it will it?
  • buckshee said:
    People standing waiting for a bus that stand out in the road so they can get a better view to see if the bus is coming, it’s not as if this will make any difference to how quick you get on it will it?
    If only buses were red and really really big, then they wouldn't have to do that.......er....?
  • Greenie said:
    buckshee said:
    People standing waiting for a bus that stand out in the road so they can get a better view to see if the bus is coming, it’s not as if this will make any difference to how quick you get on it will it?
    If only buses were red and really really big, then they wouldn't have to do that.......er....?
    The thing is I remember waiting for the 161 from Woolwich common back in the early eighties doing this, I now look back or watch others doing it and have no idea what we thought we were gaining. 
  • Good!

OR

Murderers get less??????

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-49130670 
  • buckshee said:
    I do this at Dartford - but only because I can get one of three different buses home and they all go from different bus stops. I have to try and figure out what number is on the front first and then dash to the right stop. If I step out into the bus stop area (not road!) then I can get a better view. 
  • Wilma said:
    buckshee said:
    I do this at Dartford - but only because I can get one of three different buses home and they all go from different bus stops. I have to try and figure out what number is on the front first and then dash to the right stop. If I step out into the bus stop area (not road!) then I can get a better view. 
    If you take too long to decide, you will have to hope the bus numbers are under the bonnet  :)
  • How that woman that Paul Hollywood recently kicked into touch claims to be 24 yet looks like a hot 40 year old. 
  • How qualified accountants (my line manager specifically) do not seem to be able to comprehend basic mathematics
  • Sponsored links:

• How qualified accountants (my line manager specifically) do not seem to be able to comprehend basic mathematics
    Not knowing how old you or she is, a lot comes to down to learning maths at school. Being an old git myself we learnt maths, doing sums in our head, now of course you have calculators, they will give you the answer, but you have no idea how it works
  • ross1 said:
    How qualified accountants (my line manager specifically) do not seem to be able to comprehend basic mathematics
    Not knowing how old you or she is, a lot comes to down to learning maths at school. Being an old git myself we learnt maths, doing sums in our head, now of course you have calculators, they will give you the answer, but you have no idea how it works
    She’s about 12-15 years younger than me in her early/mid 30’s. Calculators were banned at my primary school.
  • buckshee said:
    How that woman that Paul Hollywood recently kicked into touch claims to be 24 yet looks like a hot 40 year old. 
    Very good looking either way.
  • Dazzler21 said:
    buckshee said:
    How that woman that Paul Hollywood recently kicked into touch claims to be 24 yet looks like a hot 40 year old. 
    Very good looking either way.
    She’s not bad either
  • IT technology and computer terminology.
  • IT technology and computer terminology.
    Getting paid small fortunes for tuning it off and on again. 😉
  • edited August 2019
    T_C_E said:
    IT technology and computer terminology.
    Getting paid small fortunes for tuning it off and on again. 😉
    The most annoying thing is not being able to describe problems that I have because I don’t know the words/terminology to explain......I have that problem on here trying to convey the problems I am having to Admin with Apple ipad & Safari which are a real pain in the arse.....nobody seems to want to help me......hint hint.
  • That young Lisbie is playing in a veterans XI.
  • Why when some people have holes in their trousers I get told it's fashion yet when I put on a comfortable pair of trousers with a hole in I get told I'm a cheapskate and should throw the aforementioned pair of trousers out.

Maybe this should be on the things that show you're getting old thread.

• The shirt sponsor should be Betduck…

I'll get me coat. 
    I haven't been in this thread in a while, so a bit late to the punch here, but it confuses me why you wouldn't go with 'Betduq'.