Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

General things that confuse you

Comments

• Its more of an annoyance for me rather confusion but what I hate is when people ask who my Premier League team is!!
  • Its more of an annoyance for me rather confusion but what I hate is when people ask who my Premier League team is!!

We get it a lot over here, mainly from 12 year olds in fairness...

Should respond with Swansea City or West Brom, probably get told you cant support them anymore
  • Got a small screwdriver set - why does the handle end have a twisty bit that seems to serve no purpose?
    It doesn’t tighten anything, just twists around aimlessly.
  • have been asked yeah charlton but who's your proper team, the lower league bit i always used to like to see dartford do well as i know the ex managers son and himself played for us.
  • MrOneLung said:

Got a small screwdriver set - why does the handle end have a twisty bit that seems to serve no purpose?

I think you'll find if you put light pressure on it you can screw/unscrew while holding the screwdriver in place.
  • edited October 2018

You either support one team, or don't like football. If Charlton play anyone, i want them to win.

I fully stand by your stance here...

I support Charlton because it was forced into my life at a certain age and is now part of me. I want to see Charlton win all the time, every time in every game no matter the competition.
  • MrOneLung said:

Got a small screwdriver set - why does the handle end have a twisty bit that seems to serve no purpose?

I think you'll find if you put light pressure on it you can screw/unscrew while holding the screwdriver in place.
    Will give it a go - thanks.
  • Really impressed but how the hell are Norwich top of the Championship? - They're sneaking past everyone up there at the moment with some big sides around them
  • Why some of those airblade-type hand dryers have countdowns on the top. Surely everyone just keeps their hands in there until they are dry whether the count is finished or not?
  • Sponsored links:

Its more of an annoyance for me rather confusion but what I hate is when people ask who my Premier League team is!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jO8fkmisXmc
  • have been asked yeah charlton but who's your proper team, the lower league bit i always used to like to see dartford do well as i know the ex managers son and himself played for us.

Was asked by my Manager at work once "When are you going to grow up and support a proper team?" after I'd asked for the day off to go away to Notts County. She appeared to genuinely think that I was going through a phase of supporting a smaller club before moving up to a bigger one.......

Was asked by my Manager at work once "When are you going to grow up and support a proper team?" after I'd asked for the day off to go away to Notts County. She appeared to genuinely think that I was going through a phase of supporting a smaller club before moving up to a bigger one.......
    That’s not a bad idea to be fair, I think I’m ready.....anyone know the nearest tube for Griffin Park?
  • Really impressed but how the hell are Norwich top of the Championship? - They're sneaking past everyone up there at the moment with some big sides around them

And they can't score a penalty for all the tea in China...
  • This thread
  • The SKY commentators for the League Cup Final

Leroy Sane has just come on for de Bruyne and they've said that its great respect to how Chelsea have played that Man City are being forced to bring on such key players - Erm... I'd see that as the other way round; despite the gap Chelsea arent some average Premier League team and its an embarrassment to how s**t that they've been that Man City have been able to rest the likes of Sane for this clash
  • The big fuss about the Lion King 'live action' remake.  It's just CGI animals instead of drawn animals, but the exact same story, songs etc.  

Just watch the cartoon again.  The cartoon is amazing.
  • This came up on my MSN headline page as an ad. Why anyone would want to wear something so utterly hideous, and pay the thick end of €600 to look a twat? 

https://www.mytheresa.com/de-at/balenciaga-speed-trainer-sneakers-1136457.html?utm_source=Display&utm_medium=Retargeting&utm_campaign=at_criteo_de
  • Aw, get him another little mate!
  • Sponsored links:

• Aw, get him another little mate!
    Or get another kitchen to make your san-witches in and leave the little feller happy in this one...
  • edited April 2019
    Not confusing for me but our poor duck lost his mate last month. 

He now spends almost all of his time trying to get into our new kitchen as he can see himself in the reflection of the new units and thinks it’s another duck.

That’s rather sad :-|
  • Poor thing, that reflection must be driving him quackers.
  • stonemuse said:

He now spends almost all of his time trying to get into our new kitchen as he can see himself in the reflection of the new units and thinks it’s another duck.

It is mate. The problem is that his mate was also male as the females make a bloody awful racket and are not great in a residential area.

We could get another male but they’re so territorial they could rip each other apart.

Plus he’s probably only got a year left of his natural life so am reluctant to get another one.
  • How hard to find are old gay duckies? Try the west end, it's full of them
  • stonemuse said:

It is mate. The problem is that his mate was also male as the females make a bloody awful racket and are not great in a residential area.

We could get another male but they’re so territorial they could rip each other apart.

Plus he’s probably only got a year left of his natural life so am reluctant to get another one.
    Would he be fooled by a toy or teddy duck? 
  • edited April 2019