Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

General things that confuse you

Comments

• Sticky on this site?
  • Middlesbrough defender Ben Gibson being linked to other Premier League clubs for £30million
  • THIRTY MILLION?!?!?!?!
  • Lorries that carry large loads of hay bails. If you are following one it's always in the wake of hay blowing all over the place. So it begs the question, at what point in the hay's transportation is it no longer cost effective to deliver the stuff due to the amount of hay lost en-route? I find this very troublesome; as indeed I do wondering how the driver of a snow plough gets to work in the morning??

Oh for a decent night's sleep!!
  • edited April 2017
    A new BBC 1 comedy called hospital people. Watched it last night and for the life of me I just don't understand how it got commissioned. possibly the worst "comedy" ever.
  • Why Matt Tebbutt ain't given the Saturday Kitchen gig on a full time basis, instead of having to watch chefs to struggle and fumble their way through it every week.

John Torode today
  • A new BBC 1 comedy called hospital people. Watched it last night and for the life of me I just don't understand how it got commissioned. possibly the worst "comedy" ever.

Liked the bit on the trailer where the DJ said that someone was lucky to be in bed with Mrs A, thurnt out to be MRSA lol
  • A new BBC 1 comedy called hospital people. Watched it last night and for the life of me I just don't understand how it got commissioned. possibly the worst "comedy" ever.

Am in the only one on here who finds Mrs Brown funny?

Makes me laugh
  • Sponsored links:

Very funny.
  • iainment said:

A new BBC 1 comedy called hospital people. Watched it last night and for the life of me I just don't understand how it got commissioned. possibly the worst "comedy" ever.

Very funny.
    Fecking isn't.

Thought better of you Dave
  • Honestly thought I wouldn't like it mate but it genuinely makes me laugh out loud.
  • Honestly thought I wouldn't like it mate but it genuinely makes me laugh out loud.

There's always at least one real belly laugh in each episode.
  • iainment said:

Honestly thought I wouldn't like it mate but it genuinely makes me laugh out loud.

Very true. It was my mum of all people who got me onto it.

She said it was the first thing she found herself properly laughing at on her own after my dad died.
  • iainment said:

Honestly thought I wouldn't like it mate but it genuinely makes me laugh out loud.

She said it was the first thing she found herself properly laughing at on her own after my dad died.
    This must be a real comfort for you to know she can start enjoying life again after her grief
  • My wife was queuing up in a supermarket with my daughter a few years ago, who was wandering about. She suddenly shouted "mummy, there's a man dressed as a lady over here" My wife didn't know where to look until she realised my daughter was looking at dvd's and had come across a Mrs Brown one.
  • ross1 said:

iainment said:

This must be a real comfort for you to know she can start enjoying life again after her grief
    It was. My mum's a little (4:11), sweet, arthritic, half deaf old lady but has a wicked sense of humour. Laughs like a drain at carry on films and things like little Britain. Even now she picks up on anything resembling a double entendre, doesn't say anything just gives me a look.

Thought better of you Dave
    "That's Nice" ;)
  • Sponsored links:

• ross1 said:

iainment said:

It was. My mum's a little (4:11), sweet, arthritic, half deaf old lady but has a wicked sense of humour. Laughs like a drain at carry on films and things like little Britain. Even now she picks up on anything resembling a double entendre, doesn't say anything just gives me a look.
    Now I understand....
  • Johnny Vegas still working its telly
  • edited April 2017
    Why fully grown men wearing football tops to the snooker
  • I've never in my life used a biro for so long that it runs out of ink.

I often pick up biro's only to find that they have run out of ink.

This is a constant confusing paradox in my world.
  • Couples in restaurants that don't talk, as in, at all... even whilst waiting for food. They just seem to sit motionless and looking about.

I'd love to be comfortable enough to do it, but still just don't get it. Gives me the creeps.
  • Couples in restaurants that don't talk, as in, at all... even whilst waiting for food. They just seem to sit motionless and looking about.

I'd love to be comfortable enough to do it, but still just don't get it. Gives me the creeps.

They're probably fingering each other under the table.
    Did think it was odd when I looked over and neither of them had ordered the salmon
  • Why, when in this country we drive on the left and overtake on the right, are we expected to go up escalators of the right and led the overtakers go on the left? Wouldn't it make sense for them to be the same?
  • Stig said:

Why, when in this country we drive on the left and overtake on the right, are we expected to go up escalators of the right and led the overtakers go on the left? Wouldn't it make sense for them to be the same?

Allows the majority to hold the handrail with their dominant hand.
    What an excellent answer. Thank you very much.