Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Is it just me?

A minute's silence at football is one of the most moving things I experience.
In the paper today was a picture of the Wednesday team observing the silence for the Bradford fire.
At the end of the line were their 2 mascots. To me it kind of demeans the moment and shouldn't happen. This isn't a dig against Wednesday as I'm sure a lot of other teams do the same.

Comments

• Options
    Get a grip for crying out loud. You must be an absolute bundle of laughs you.
  • Options

Get a grip for crying out loud. You must be an absolute bundle of laughs you.

Calm down mate.
    Isn't the point that these observances aren't a bundle of laughs but a respectful reflection in honour of some who have died.
    Someone dressed as a cartoon character takes something from this IMHO.
  • Options
    edited April 2015
    Well people do things in different ways:

For example, Cameron's Cenotaph wreath message vs Milibad's:

• Options
    tell me that's not real?
  • Options
    Addicted said:

Why does there have to be politics on every fucking thread?

I agree 100%.

I don't care about politics for the most part so please keep it to the political threads!

Or is that us being political?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Classic, if Cameron had written the note on the right, we'd all be slaughtering him
  • Options

Classic, if Cameron had written the note on the right, we'd all be slaughtering him

Red Ed's a working man's man, don't you know
  • Options
    Dazzler21 said:

tell me that's not real?

It is, but only half the story. This was the the WW1 centenary memorial service in the summer of last year. The process for adding a card to the wreath was different to what happens in November memorial event. There, everybody writes a card on the day. For this event the wreaths had cards written by the organisers, all except the one from Cameron. The tories had known to send a card in advance written by him. All others had the same writing as Miliband's, produced by the organisers.

You might say that Labour (and all others who laid a wreath) were not as media savvy as the tories in this case, but you might also ask how the tories appeared to be the only ones to know the process of sending a card in advance. What is interesting is that the source of this picture appearing on social media seems to have come from tory central, apparently for political gain. In my mind, given the event, that is really poor and much worse than the quality of writing on the wreaths.

As part of that event, Miliband had also written a letter to soldiers fallen in the war. All leaders contributed in different ways.
  • Options

Dazzler21 said:

tell me that's not real?

It is, but only half the story. This was the the WW1 centenary memorial service in the summer of last year. The process for adding a card to the wreath was different to what happens in November memorial event. There, everybody writes a card on the day. For this event the wreaths had cards written by the organisers, all except the one from Cameron. The tories had known to send a card in advance written by him. All others had the same writing as Miliband's, produced by the organisers.

You might say that Labour (and all others who laid a wreath) were not as media savvy as the tories in this case, but you might also ask how the tories appeared to be the only ones to know the process of sending a card in advance. What is interesting is that the source of this picture appearing on social media seems to have come from tory central, apparently for political gain. In my mind, given the event, that is really poor and much worse than the quality of writing on the wreaths.

As part of that event, Miliband had also written a letter to soldiers fallen in the war. All leaders contributed in different ways.
    So it ain't just Ed the Duck who uses emotive issues to score points then