Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Prediction Cup Finals: Wembley build-up

It’s Cup Final week in the Prediction Cup this weekend. After six rounds of games, the finals of the main Prediction Knock Out Cup and the Johnstones Paint will take place at Wembley this weekend.

The finals are:

Prediction Knock Out Cup Final

BangkokAddick (49) v. Bosseyedduck (22)

Johnstones Paint Final

Tor (11) v. Carl Leaburn (24)

Preview of Prediction Knock Out Cup Final

The routes to Wembley

Carl Leaburn (97) v. Bangkokaddick (119) 1-2
eddieaddick (49) v. Bangkokaddick (108) 0-1
Bangkokaddick (101) v. Covered End (35) 4-2
chezzafromcharlton (70) v. Bangkokaddick (99) 1-4
lancashire lad (63) v. Bangkokaddick (85) 1-3
Bangkokaddick (82) v. SaySomething (29) 3-1

Bosseyedduck (79) v. Stig (101) 1-0
Addick in SW16 (86) v. Bosseyedduck (63) 1-1/Bosseyedduck (63) v. Addick in SW16 (86) 1-0
Addick Addict (21) v. Bosseyedduck (50) 0-4
Bosseyedduck (49) v. CRAZYCHAIR (3) 1-1/CRAZYCHAIR (3) v. Bosseyedduck (49) 2-6
Danhughes99 (73) v. Bosseyedduck (54) 2-5
Bosseyedduck (10) v. covered end junior (76) 3-2

Of the 128, only two entrants had names beginning with B and ending in K - and they meet in the final. After two tight games in the first two rounds, Bangkokaddick has won the last six Thais (I mean, ties) by two goals or more, requiring no replays to progress to the final. Bosseyedduck similarly struggled through the earlier rounds relying on a tight defence, but has since gone on to score freely in the last four rounds. It promises to be an epic encounter. Bangkokaddick has averaged 2.8 goals per game whereas Bosseyedduck has averaged 2.6 goals per game.

Preview of Johnstones Paint Final

The routes to Wembley

Tor (53) v. olster (127) 1-0
Tor (34) v. sillybilly (68) 1-0
Tor (42) v. stonemuse (41) 2-1
Tor (42) v. Hornchurch (39) 4-2
Tor (16) v. Lewis Coaches (20) 2-2/Lewis Coaches (20) v Tor (16) 2-3
Tor (13) v. Alex Wright (1) 4-1

Jints (128) v. Carl Leaburn (93) 0-1
Carl Leaburn (69) v. colin1961 (38) 2-2/colin1961 (38) v. Carl Leaburn (69) 2-3
Tavern (78) v. Carl Leaburn (50) 2-2/Carl Leaburn (50) v Tavern (78) 4-3
Carl Leaburn (48) v. CAFCspooney (18) 2-2/CAFCspooney (18) v Carl Leaburn (48) 2-4
AidenTheAddick (73) v. Carl Leaburn (31) 3-3/Carl Leaburn (31) v AidenTheAddick (73) 2-1
LenGlover (16) v. Carl Leaburn (28) 1-3

This competition was for those who lost in either of the first two rounds of the main competition. It might not have supporters singing “Abide with Me” before the game, but to the two competitors, it will be their big day out.

After struggling through the earlier rounds of the Johnstones Paint, Tor has found some good late season form reaching the final with a convincing 4-1 win over the league leader at the time, Alex Wright. Having lost to BangkokAddick in the first round of the main competition, Carl Leaburn has needed four replays to reach the final. A convincing semi final win over LenGlover ensured a day out at Wembley. Tor has averaged 2.5 goals per game whereas Carl Leaburn has averaged 2.6 goals per game.

So, what’s your prediction for the outcome of these two showpiece games?

Comments

• Gillingham drinks are on you @Tor if you win. Or lose.
  • Good Stuff TMA.

BangkokAddick getting better and better as the season progressed - rated:
  • MrOneLung said:

Good Stuff TMA.

BangkokAddick getting better and better as the season progressed - rated:

All the finalists are on the way up, but it's a dream come true for @Bangkokaddick, I'm sure.
  • Good luck in the Johnstones Paint Carl Leaburn. Gutted to lose in the semis but a deserved win for you. Someone's got to win it why shouldn't be you?

Thai thanks for organising and adding a bit of fun to the prediction season.
  • Great stuff! Good luck to all four finalists.
  • Will the winners go into a Champions League style prediction competition with the winners from LiegeLife / JenaLife / UjpestLife / AlcorconLife?

(the fan from TrudenLife isnt allowed in because Roland doesnt technically own them so they're kinda the unwanted step-brother ;))
  • Suit is on. Good luck Leaburn.
  • good luck to the finalists - I was so close to getting the big one, but I just couldn't perform in Bangkok. I got a semi at least, but never made it all the way ;-)
  • Good luck to the finalists today. Much use of the F5 key today, I suspect.
  • edited April 2015
    So, here's the predictions that our finalists are pinning their hopes on:

BangkokAddick:
    QPR 2 West Ham 1
    Stoke 2 Sunderland 0
    Birmingham 2 Charlton 0

Bosseyedduck:
    Brighton v Watford 1-2
    Fulham v Middlesbrough 1-2
    Rotherham v Norwich 1-3

Tor:
    West Brom v Liverpool 1-2
    Everton v Man Utd SUN 1-2
    Millwall v Derby 0-2

Carl Leaburn:
    Stoke v Sunderland 2-0
    West Brom v Liverpool 1-2
    Brighton v Watford 0-1

BangkokAddick is expecting a Charlton defeat to come up trumps whereas Tor is hoping that Millwall fail. Interestingly, 10 different games have been picked by the finalists.
  • Sponsored links:

• Early lead for @Bosseyedduck but just 1 point
  • Looks to be 1-1 draw in the Prediction Knock Out Cup Final, so it's a replay next week. @Bangkokaddick was saved by Charlton. In the Johnstones Paint, @Carl Leaburn is leading 1-0 but Tor has a chance to pull the deficit back tomorrow.
  • I didn't realise it was the Cup Final last weekend! I thought it was this week. Lucky it went to a replay as the open-top bus I had provisionally hired to transport me and the trophy around the streets of Phuket wasn't available last weekend and I'd have had to have taken a tuktuk blasting out dance music instead.

I assume there is a large trophy?
  • I didn't realise it was the Cup Final last weekend! I thought it was this week. Lucky it went to a replay as the open-top bus I had provisionally hired to transport me and the trophy around the streets of Phuket wasn't available last weekend and I'd have had to have taken a tuktuk blasting out dance music instead.

I assume there is a large trophy?

It's a very large trophy. Put it this way, a tuktuk would tip over if the cup was placed on one side of the seat as it cornered.