Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Katie Hopkins reported to the police by the Society of Black Lawyers.

Comments

• Options
    I signed the petition, "The Sun Newspaper: Remove Katie Hopkins as a Columnist."
    Here's the link: http://www.change.org/p/the-sun-newspaper-remove-katie-hopkins-as-a-columnist
  • Options
    edited April 2015
    Chizz said:

I signed the petition, "The Sun Newspaper: Remove Katie Hopkins as a Columnist."
    Here's the link: http://www.change.org/p/the-sun-newspaper-remove-katie-hopkins-as-a-columnist

1 million sign a petition supporting Clarkson after numerous misdemeanors and finally punching a work colleague, 243,000 or so people are concerned about Katie Hopkins ....
  • Options
    Chizz said:

Do you read The Sun?
  • Options
    Kap10 said:

Chizz said:

1 million sign a petition supporting Clarkson after numerous misdemeanors and finally punching a work colleague, 243,000 or so people are concerned about Katie Hopkins ....
    What point are you making?
  • Options
    As somebody who has created a career for herself out of being obnoxious, isn’t the best thing to ignore her completely ?
  • Options

As somebody who has created a career for herself out of being obnoxious, isn’t the best thing to ignore her completely ?

Who?

;-)
  • Options
    I have seen it suggested that Hopkins epilepsy and the part of her brain that is apparently missing may have had an effect on her social skills - a form of psychopathy. She therefore lacks the empathy "gene" that most of us have. The suggestion was that The Sun are actually exploiting her mental condition to appeal to a section of their readership.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

I have seen it suggested that Hopkins epilepsy and the part of her brain that is apparently missing may have had an effect on her social skills - a form of psychopathy. She therefore lacks the empathy "gene" that most of us have. The suggestion was that The Sun are actually exploiting her mental condition to appeal to a section of their readership.

Nah, she's just a bitch.
  • Options
    "Liberals" try to shut down someone else's opinion? Shock.
  • Options
    Vile woman but unfortunately it seems the hate bar has been risen by UKIP and she is just trying to take it even further.
  • Options
    Well I for one don't mind her

; )
  • Options
    vffvff
    edited April 2015
    PL54 said:

PL54 said:

If all these migrants are (Black) Lawyers can't they represent themselves?

Flagtastic, thanks @vff
    I thought it deserved it @PL54.
  • Options
    brogib said:

Well I for one don't mind her

; )

Just wait til she turns her gunships on France.
  • Options

There's definitely something not quite right with her (obvious I know). When she was on Big Brother if anyone paid her a compliment she was either close to tears or actually cried but would thrive on any criticism.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

Huskaris said:

Katie Hopkins is as much the person she portrays in the Sun as Steve Coogan is Alan Partridge. These obnoxious celebrities (Brooker is the left wing version) just create personas and know they will continue to get bookings on mediocre shows desperate for some headline time if they keep saying the right thing. Think about how much money Hopkins has made, and how much the Sun has made, through this persona.

That is what it is, a persona,Katie Hopkins, Karl Pilkington, Joey Essex, Jeremy Clarkson, these people know exactly what they are doing.

Charlie Brooker would find you're description of him as a left wing Katie Hopkins extremely funny. Totally wrong - but none the less funny.
    Though I am sure he would be the first to admit he plays up certain characteristics compared to his 'actual' personality.
  • Options
    Huskaris said:

Katie Hopkins is as much the person she portrays in the Sun as Steve Coogan is Alan Partridge. These obnoxious celebrities (Brooker is the left wing version) just create personas and know they will continue to get bookings on mediocre shows desperate for some headline time if they keep saying the right thing. Think about how much money Hopkins has made, and how much the Sun has made, through this persona.

That is what it is, a persona,Katie Hopkins, Karl Pilkington, Joey Essex, Jeremy Clarkson, these people know exactly what they are doing.

This 100%
  • Options
    Yeah Huskaris is spot on. She's a professional troll. Media outlets get her "opinions" as it's guaranteed hits on their website or viewers on TV. Everyone getting annoyed at it is just like shouting "quick come here and have a look at what she's said now". Just ignore it and she'll soon disappear
  • Options

Shame that the SoBL have completely failed to understand how Katie Hopkins operates. She will be loving this. She says stupid, offensive tripe to get a reaction because her nasty lizard brain thinks love and attention are the same thing. Every time Twitter reacts another year gets added to her life. I wouldn't be surprised to hear this very public letter has given her the power of flight.

If everyone just ignored her and let her spout off like a tramp on the high street with a can of Special Brew she'd disappear. But then being outraged is a lifestyle choice now so that will never happen.

This this this this and this!

I've liked and Loled cos you can't like twice!

I'd flag as well but I don't want to create more paperwork for AFKA.

• Options
    colthe3rd said:

Yeah Huskaris is spot on. She's a professional troll. Media outlets get her "opinions" as it's guaranteed hits on their website or viewers on TV. Everyone getting annoyed at it is just like shouting "quick come here and have a look at what she's said now". Just ignore it and she'll soon disappear

She would disappear but the views/outlook she represents would not.
  • Options

thenewbie said:

Huskaris said:

Charlie Brooker would find you're description of him as a left wing Katie Hopkins extremely funny. Totally wrong - but none the less funny.
    Though I am sure he would be the first to admit he plays up certain characteristics compared to his 'actual' personality.
    The difference is what Charlie Brooker says , whether you agree with him or not , is clever , satirical and nearly always funny. Hopkins is none of those. she opens her mouth and out gushed bile. There is no comparison.
    Someone of a different political persuasion would flip those names round in that sentence.