Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Ben Hamer

Told he can leave Leicester on a free in the summer

Comments

• Options
    Ben, the grass isn't always greener, mate...
  • Options
    wmcf123 said:

I wouldn't take him back either, although he gave good service for 3 years. Henderson is much safer

Absolutely, this!
  • Options
    Is he out of contract at the end of the season?
  • Options
    Ouch... Wonder why as he didnt do a terrible job when called upon
  • Options
    source?
  • Options

source?

Ive heard that colins Favourite source is whiskey,just a rumour
  • Options

True. But the writing was somewhat on the wall, when the signed a 40 year old, and immediately made him 2nd choice.

However he may have played when he got on, maybe the management didn't like something they saw in training?
  • Options
    What? like being poor on crosses............................
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

wmcf123 said:

I wouldn't take him back either, although he gave good service for 3 years. Henderson is much safer

Absolutely, this!
    and this this
  • Options
    Daggs said:

What? like being poor on crosses............................

You may think that, but I couldn't possibly comment...
  • Options
    Kap10 said:

I might be wrong but I thought he signed a 3/4 year deal so unless there was some form of break clause I imagine he'll be getting a tidy pay off.
  • Options

Kap10 said:

I might be wrong but I thought he signed a 3/4 year deal so unless there was some form of break clause I imagine he'll be getting a tidy pay off.
    Was a Four Year Contract ... http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/27525310
  • Options

He'd make a great back-up to Hendo.

He'd want too many wages to be a back-up, and he'd not be happy being second choice whilst certainly not good enough to be unquestioned No. 1 and not have to fight for it. I rate him higher than some on here do but I definitely don't think he's appreciably and notably better than Hendo so he can fend for himself as far as I'm concerned.
  • Options

thing is he is/was still only an average Championship level keeper who Leicester signed in the hope that they'd never have to use him .. as stated on here, he was replaced by another keeper who in footballing terms is almost a pensioner .. why is it that every ex-Addick player is regarded by lots of fans as a demi god/icon/legend when the reality is that they are all professional people looking for the best deals and most money that they can earn ? .. they come, they go, hail and farewell .. move on

• Options
    Daggs said:

No thanks. He had is chance. I would rather keep Dmitrovic and Pope.
    Agreed. We have 2 quite young back up keepers, and what message would it send if a player who refused a contract is brought back the first time something goes wrong for him?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Daggs said:

I doubt either Pope or Dmitrovic will be here next year. NP will be loaned out for the whole year and Dmitrovic will be playing for one of the network clubs
  • Options
    wmcf123 said:

Daggs said:

I doubt either Pope or Dmitrovic will be here next year. NP will be loaned out for the whole year and Dmitrovic will be playing for one of the network clubs
    It doesn't matter. Hamer was offered a contract by us. He turned it down.

I would rather we signed another keeper than give Hamer another chance.

And what about the likes of Phillips and Mitov, who have both showed loyalty to Charlton?
  • Options
    wmcf123 said:

Daggs said:

If your guess is correct ? Then we would need another keeper. Still not Hamer though...........
  • Options
    sam3110 said:

They'd be better off keeping him of they go down, Schmeichel will want to leave and Schwarzer is older than some of the other players' Dads!

To be fair to Hamer, Schwarzer is held in such high regard that he was in his Manager's Fantasy Team when Pearson appeared on the show!
  • Options
    colin1961 said:

Told he can leave Leicester on a free in the summer

I have never taken anything written in the Sun as fact. Why let someone go on a free one year into a four year deal. Does not make any business sense, but if the source is a Sunday paper it must be gospel
  • Options
    Leciester get relegated and he will be number one next season

Schmeichel off to a prem team and Schwarzer will retire
  • Options

True. But the writing was somewhat on the wall, when the signed a 40 year old, and immediately made him 2nd choice.

However he may have played when he got on, maybe the management didn't like something they saw in training?
    Did he put a condom on someones aerial again ?
    This is not a Euphemism.

• Options

That is potentially one of the more sensible posts today.

I'd assume he is thinking along those lines himself.
  • Options
    Dazzler21 said:

That is potentially one of the more sensible posts today.

I'd assume he is thinking along those lines himself.
    Me and sensible, don't think I have ever heard those 2 words said together :wink: