Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

General things that Please you

Comments

• Dazzler21 said:
    if you are intelligent enough to go to a decent uni and you have anything about you, you don’t need to tout yourself at a train station...Don't even n
    If you need Uni to blag a job, you obviously don't have much about you already.  

University  can support an application but shouldn't be a requirement IMO.

I'm quite well thought of as a Business Analyst but never went to Uni.

I've also never failed to get a job offer off the back of an interview either.
    Agree with this an all, but the fact the bloke in the picture has been to Uni, it should be reflected on his "adcert" surely?
  • Having a crap in Japan. Both warm and refreshing...
  • Getting the all clear after having endoscopy up the old chap. Genuinely thought it was curtains for me over the last few weeks. MRI scan in a week or so, but that's just a formality by the sounds of it, and then back to normal.
    Hope you're ok, you kept that quiet.
  • Getting the all clear after having endoscopy up the old chap. Genuinely thought it was curtains for me over the last few weeks. MRI scan in a week or so, but that's just a formality by the sounds of it, and then back to normal.
    Yeah cheers mate. Was trying to forget about it and keep otherwise occupied, as I've had it before and it is horrible, plus you don't know what they're gonna find, but all clear and urine sample was clear too, so it is a relief. Thanks again mate
  • I’m i_b_b_o_r_g said:
    Getting the all clear after having endoscopy up the old chap. Genuinely thought it was curtains for me over the last few weeks. MRI scan in a week or so, but that's just a formality by the sounds of it, and then back to normal.
    Yeah cheers mate. Was trying to forget about it and keep otherwise occupied, as I've had it before and it is horrible, plus you don't know what they're gonna find, but all clear and urine sample was clear too, so it is a relief. Thanks again mate
    Glad to hear it mate. There’s nothing worse than having a health scare hanging over you (especially if you’re a worry guts like me).
  • edited October 2019
    Good news mate
  • Couldn't give a toss about the Coleen Rooney and Rebekah Vardy stuff but some of the memes, gifs and videos going around social media have been gold.
  • Couldn't give a toss about the Coleen Rooney and Rebekah Vardy stuff but some of the memes, gifs and videos going around social media have been gold.
    Exhibit A
    https://forum.charltonlife.com/discussion/87031/rooney-declares-war-on-vardy#latest
  • Sponsored links:

• Only just found out the checkatrade trophy is called the leasing.com trophy this year.

Very pleasing that we’ve got sod all to do with it this year.
  • Its also a little ironic that there are breastfeeidng mothers outside Google, protesting that comments shouldn't be allowed on YouTube etc. if they dont agree with Climate Change etc.

But then you've got people in Trafalgar Square with tape over their mouths in protest at not being allowed to speak out (what with the Police clamping down)
  • Its also a little ironic that there are breastfeeidng mothers outside Google, protesting that comments shouldn't be allowed on YouTube etc. if they dont agree with Climate Change etc.

But then you've got people in Trafalgar Square with tape over their mouths in protest at not being allowed to speak out (what with the Police clamping down)
    The usual hypocrisy from these idiots. 
  • edited October 2019
    Normal people trying to get to work giving Stinky Pete and his protesting mates a few slaps this morning at Canning Town.
    I'm pretty sympathetic to XR and very much in agreement about the environmental crisis. Despite it being fairly disruptive to Westminster (where I work) I support their protests and have actually had some decent friendly chats with a number of protesters around. I get disrupting roads and areas around parliament - gets the message across well. 

As per last time I am confused by the decision to target public transport at rush hour. Even if you're not worried about the loss of public support/sympathy it clearly sends the wrong message. Every environmental organisation suggests promoting public transport as a way to combat climate change particularly forms of public transport that are fully electric! Strange

XR spokesperson on BBC London News says she supports the protestors action at Canning Town in their desperation. 

Absolute scum.
  • Sponsored links:

• Normal people trying to get to work giving Stinky Pete and his protesting mates a few slaps this morning at Canning Town.
    I'm pretty sympathetic to XR and very much in agreement about the environmental crisis. Despite it being fairly disruptive to Westminster (where I work) I support their protests and have actually had some decent friendly chats with a number of protesters around. I get disrupting roads and areas around parliament - gets the message across well. 

As per last time I am confused by the decision to target public transport at rush hour. Even if you're not worried about the loss of public support/sympathy it clearly sends the wrong message. Every environmental organisation suggests promoting public transport as a way to combat climate change particularly forms of public transport that are fully electric! Strange

XR spokesperson on BBC London News says she supports the protestors action at Canning Town in their desperation. 

Absolute scum.
    I support the actions of the commuters in given em a good shoeing in desperation to get to work
  • Normal people trying to get to work giving Stinky Pete and his protesting mates a few slaps this morning at Canning Town.

Absolute scum.
    I support the actions of the commuters in given em a good shoeing in desperation to get to work
    despite their claims, nobody was actually given a shoeing. unfortunately.

Absolute scum.
    despite their claims, nobody was actually given a shoeing. unfortunately.
    We would've given em a knuckle sandwich in our day wouldn't we Dave. Blaaady tree huggers

My thoughts entirely. I support their cause, because they are right. Their methods can be a bit dubious, but this is downright stupid. I am sure that there are many among the protesters not involved in the tube nonsense who feel the same. As there are Tory supporters who don't agree with underfunding the NHS etc in order to lower taxes for the rich.  

• Homemade chestnut and pumpkin soup