Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

General things that Please you

Comments

• Receiving a letter from HMRC telling me they owe me money 
    Wait until tomorrow, when you get a letter telling you, you owe them money.
  • ross1 said:
    Receiving a letter from HMRC telling me they owe me money 
    I had one once and then about two months later they said there was a mistake and I had to pay it back, do not spend it too quickly
    It’ll be getting spunked the second it hits my account, it’s only a few hundred quid
  • Being far enough out in my kayak to dull the noise from the masses on the beach and in the sea...

...and knowing their screaming at the sea temperature would be 10x worse if they could see the size of the 100's of the biggest barrel jellyfish I've ever seen floating along a few metres away from them. These evil looking  monsters would struggle to fit in my wheelie bin! 
    They were out and about again yesterday. Here's a snap I took from the pier. You can't really guage the full scale of these monsters of the deep but you get an idea...

Looks like a man wearing sunglasses.
  • Having the start of a new contract bumped back to Monday thus freeing me up to watch the cricket all day tomorrow
  • Cricket.
  • Looking forward to smiling smugly at work all day after thrashing the convicts at the CWC. 
  • ozaddick said:
    Looking forward to smiling smugly at work all day after thrashing the convicts at the CWC. 
    Not advisable if you work on the Manly ferry. 😜
  • Finding a pair of trousers that has £40 quid in the pocket that you forgot about?
  • AddickFC81 said:l
    Finding a pair of trousers that has £40 quid in the pocket that you forgot about?
    I wondered where that went.
  • Sponsored links:

• So so glad we're not involved!!

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/48952043
    That is only because we need more dates available for when we go further in the cups  :)
  • ross1 said:
    So so glad we're not involved!!

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/48952043
    That is only because we need more dates available for when we go further in the cups  :)

;)
  • Had a cracking day out in London.

Daughter’s away so we went up first thing, got tickets for the Tina Turner musical at the Leicester Square booth, had a breakfast, mooched around the west end then went for a few drinks before having a meal in Chinatown after the show.
  • Had a cracking day out in London.

Daughter’s away so we went up first thing, got tickets for the Tina Turner musical at the Leicester Square booth, had a breakfast, mooched around the west end then went for a few drinks before having a meal in Chinatown after the show.
    Spent the rest of the day getting drunk & making babies according to your daughter.
  • Been making these for dinner. Worked from home today so had time to go to the Deli in Old Bexley to buy the ingredients.

Toasted Bruschetta bases with Passata, buffalo mozzarella, basil & Parma Ham.

• Working from home as a sous chef
  • Reading through the WC cricket thread and reliving the moments.
  • Just did something I vowed I’d never do..got my hair cut in a foreign country, Turkey.

Best cut I’ve ever had. Also shaved my ears, lit a flame to burn ear hairs and massage of neck/back/arms/hands and fingers.

Came out feeling like I’d done 12 rounds.

All for just over £6.
  • Macronate said:
    Just did something I vowed I’d never do..got my hair cut in a foreign country, Turkey.

Best cut I’ve ever had. Also shaved my ears, lit a flame to burn ear hairs and massage of neck/back/arms/hands and fingers.

Came out feeling like I’d done 12 rounds.

All for just over £6.
    Went to a Turkish Barbers in Orpington last time I got my hair cut - Was quite impressed actually and will probably go there again
  • Sponsored links:

• Giving Tom Lockyer hairdresser recommendations, its been a while but Paddy in Charlton Village was the one I went for! ;)
  • Being at a small market town music festival- the last set was Ibiza / dance and it was great to see the late 40 early 50 somethings dancing along (was also a reminder of how quick time passes)...
  • That the Test is going into the 4th day tomorrow.
    On Wednesday I was thinking my tickets for Friday would be wasted.
  • iainment said:
    That the Test is going into the 4th day tomorrow.
    3rd day tomorrow. 4th & final day is Saturday.
  • Losing a stone in 2 weeks just by not eating sweets 
  • iainment said:
    That the Test is going into the 4th day tomorrow.
    3rd day tomorrow. 4th & final day is Saturday.
    Thanks. Meant 3rd day.
  • shine166 said:
    Losing a stone in 2 weeks just by not eating sweets 
    How many sweets were you eating in a day?
  • 7lbs a week? You must be flat out exercising as well as not eating a thing.
  • edited July 2019
    7lbs a week? You must be flat out exercising as well as not eating a thing.
    I'm going to guess last weigh in was in an evening after eating crap and the latest weigh in was first thing in the morning after a brad pitt, fasted and dehydrated, lost a bit of extra water weight too. 

Realistically he has probably lost half that.

Always weigh in at the same time of day every time.