Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

General things that Please you

Comments

• Options

Getting drunk after work and telling your boss you dont really give a shit about tomorrow's deadline and she agrees you should just wing it and not worry too much.

Sacked in the morning, you're getting sacked in the morning...
    Not sacked but she did say it was probably best I come in a little late.

I'll show her by being in before her (as always) in the morning.
    hows the head @cantersaddick ?

you looking for a new job or what?
    Haha I'm good! Was still in before her and had the work for the deadline complete. We had a laugh about it!
  • Options
    Fiiish said:

Getting drunk after work and telling your boss you dont really give a shit about tomorrow's deadline and she agrees you should just wing it and not worry too much.

Are you David Davis?
    Back of the net... :+1:
  • Options
    Having dinner with my mum. :)
  • Options
    ozaddick said:

Having dinner with my mum. :)

You can't beat your mums cooking. Whenever my wife and daughter go away I always make sure I book a night in rounds mum's. Roast dinner, apple crumble or pie, followed by tea and biscuits. Usually end up watching a carry on film afterwards.
  • Options

A poor older gentleman started fitting and passed out on my train this morning. It didn't look good and feared the worst but thankfully he regained consciousness and was off to hospital.

What was good was seeing how the public reacted to help the man and how the 3 doctors and 2 nurses who were fortunately passengers on the train all literally came running to assist. Heroes including the normal members of the public who tried to help him with first aid for 15 minutes before the driver put the call out for doctors or nurses over the intercom.

With all the constant news and cyncism across the media (mainstream and social) it's a lovely reminder that the overwhelmingly vast majoroty of people are good.

Were you at Nunhead?
  • Options
    Fumbluff said:

A poor older gentleman started fitting and passed out on my train this morning. It didn't look good and feared the worst but thankfully he regained consciousness and was off to hospital.

What was good was seeing how the public reacted to help the man and how the 3 doctors and 2 nurses who were fortunately passengers on the train all literally came running to assist. Heroes including the normal members of the public who tried to help him with first aid for 15 minutes before the driver put the call out for doctors or nurses over the intercom.

With all the constant news and cyncism across the media (mainstream and social) it's a lovely reminder that the overwhelmingly vast majoroty of people are good.

Were you at Nunhead?
    No new cross on hastings train. Colleague of mine may have been though as someone passed out next to her on one that stopped at Clapham Junction.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Deserves a like and a LOL that @RodneyCharltonTrotta

Well worth checking out the other parts too.
  • Options
    Typing gob shites into google maps :smile:
  • Options
    edited October 2017
    Make the winter long....

• Options
    Shirley Ballas.
  • Options
    Teaching the owner that picking up a toy breed does it no favours and watching my boy teach this Chiuahua x that dog on dog aggression isn't really necessary. At four years old this boy had never been off lead with another dog. image
  • Options
    Lewis Hamilton winning the WC again, fantastic.
  • Options
    The rain. Seems like we have not had a decent downpour for weeks.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Robins, sparrows, wrens, chaffinches, blue tits, great tits, & that reminds me Victoria Coren.
  • Options

Listening to people talk utter bollocks. Makes me realise I’m not a total knob after all.

Just overheard a bloke say Stamford Bridge is impossible to get home from .... yeah mate, so difficult that every single person after a game manages to do it. Ah he supports Arsenal - explains it all now.

Hate to disappoint you mate but you are a total knob.
  • Options
    edited November 2017

Locals in local papers being outraged

Locals in local papers with grammar
    http://www.hertsad.co.uk/news/apostrophe-catastrophe-at-refurbished-st-albans-pub-1-4422433

• Options

Locals in local papers being outraged

Locals in local papers with grammar
    http://www.hertsad.co.uk/news/apostrophe-catastrophe-at-refurbished-st-albans-pub-1-4422433
    The honest and straight forward answer given by the manager of that pub! Okay so maybe he should have said "... not entirely our fault.", but it's far better than the response you get from 99% of people when they say or do something wrong these days.
  • Options
    edited November 2017
    Even though I hate working away from home even if it is just one night I like the fact that the hotel is nice and right by Exeter city centre where there’s plenty of food choice for my £25 allowance
  • Options
    Public footpaths.

Today's trip started at an ancient ferry crossing, via a caravan site that used to be a WW2 American hospital and along a long closed railway line. Perfect.

And being able to look up the features you see along the way when you get home.
  • Options
    The kid on Pride Of Britain awards that met Beckham. Funny little fella.
  • Options
    My power shower. I love being in the shower and it appears to transport me back in time.

I like a sing song so if it's not "I got by in time" from the Jam's first album it is usually old terrace chants. Belted out the Eddie Youds song this morning before my tennis practice .